Can you kill Baleroc before the rest?

So this week I ended up with 23 Eternal Embers. Since we don't wanna lose another week on the staff's progression, we are thinking about rushing Baleroc tomorrow (since it's not needed to complete the staff at this point), get 2 Embers there and then run to the Nexus, do the quests there and come back to kill Shannox and the rest to get the fragments and kill the special boss.

So I was wondering, can you get to Baleroc or is there a gate or something? I can't tell since we always killed Shannox and Beth'tilac before Baleroc.

Sorry for any english mistakes, it is not my first language.

need to get shannox out and moving before getting to baleroc, not kill though

Deleted
    There is a wall of fire yes... Sry

Yeah, you can get to him first, I believe all you need to do is kill enough trash to summon Shannox and that should allow you to enter his little area thingy. I'll say I'm not 100% sure on this as we always get rid of Shannox first, but I'm fairly sure.

I was wondering that you needed to get Shannox moving, I saw the fire gate but couldn't remember if it vanished when Shannox came out.
    Thanks for the quick answers