Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmnir View Post
    OK Here's the situation :
    In firelands, trying Beth. Me and our best healer, a paladin, ( only one more geared than me ) go up to the web. We try and try but fail 100% to stay alive. I pop CD's, i try my best to kite boss as much as possible, i do EVERYTHING i can think of. We die, the raid leader just goes off cursing and blaming me. I dont think i did anything wrong, i didnt stand in the meteors, i didnt stay up there when she was about to do her destruction aoe thingy.
    Sounds more like shit healer than you doing anything wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmnir View Post
    OK Here's the situation :
    In firelands, trying Beth. Me and our best healer, a paladin, ( only one more geared than me ) go up to the web. We try and try but fail 100% to stay alive. I pop CD's, i try my best to kite boss as much as possible, i do EVERYTHING i can think of. We die, the raid leader just goes off cursing and blaming me. I dont think i did anything wrong, i didnt stand in the meteors, i didnt stay up there when she was about to do her destruction aoe thingy.
    I bet your "best healer" paladin in fact sucks and doesn't realize that he doesn't need to heal anyone but the tank up there if all enter at maxhp... The pulsing aoe wont kill the dps and the healer in a single web phase. Especially that he can very easily keep himself and/or the dps high by using the beacon. Also you don't need to kite Betti up there, just sidestep the meteors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at your progress, you have not even cleared T11 raids. Do not even attempt Firelands until you can clear all these with relative ease.

Also, a log would be good to provide so we can discuss whether people are just mucking up or you don't have the numbers. Also, for a guild that's not very well geared, Shannox > Beth'tilac in terms of easiness.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing that most of the raid is in iLvl 350 I'd suggest farming T11 raids a bit more til they are geared enough really. Besides that there is too little to go on really, because if you keep aggro and still people have complaints, then it might mean you're standing in shit you're not supposed to, or not popping defensive cooldowns at right time or anything. So without knowing why they are mad at you there's no advice to be given.

Are you communicating with your healer? Are you making sure that the both of you are up on the web at the same time? Are you dodging meteors and not falling off?

Also...get rid of the armsman enchant on your bracers. Get mastery.

If you can afford it...buy the BoE tank bracers. Big upgrade over the ramkahen bracers.

Go run dungeons till you're exalted w/ therezane...no reason to be using the lesser inscription if you're going for firelands.

As other people have pointed out, your parry and dodge should be fairly close, to spread the impact of diminishing returns.

Go ahead and buy the t11 chest with justice. The stats are better.

There's some really decent stuff for you in t11 content. The prot four set is very nice, so you def. wanna try to get your shoulders or helm token. The bracers off halfus are better itemized, and halfus is one of the easiest t11 heroic bosses. If your guild doesn't have much experience raiding, they should really start in t11 content. Less stress, easier learning curve, and some definite solid pieces. I love the VnT dodge trink for Baleroc (the heal's job is much easier when I dodge a decimation blade swing).

There is no reason why your guild should not be clearing Occu'thar every weak. The boss is a joke and the chance for t12 gear plus easy valor should not be passed up.
    Last edited by CynicalOtaku; 2011-07-20 at 11:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another thing you guys might want to concider is sending a holy priest up on top to heal instead of a holy pally. That's what we use because its easier for him to keep everyone topped off without even trying so the healers don't have to try to play catch-up when everyone goes back down below.

And I hate to say it but Zka hit the nail on the head. If your healer is struggling to keep you up and struggling to keep up your replacement tank then its the healer not the tank that's the problem. I didn't bother looking at the rest of your guild but it was pointed out that your guild leader is also a prot warrior so that makes one suspect that he has reasons for not wanting you there and possibly if it is the pally healer that's the problem not you he might have a thing for your healer (there's an issue with that kind of thing in my guild but its a mage not a healer that's the suckfest and yet rewarded because she has boobies by our GM).

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 08:29 AM ----------

OH and I'd strongly suggest you having a private talk with your guild leader and giving him a direct link to this thread so he can read exactly what your guild needs to be doing (not FL but back to T11 content) and if there's other issues going on than what you've said he can shed some light on the matter.

Hehehe...to add to my previous post...you need to replace your leg enchants.

Agi no longer gives dodge. You want Drakehide leg armor. Also, lavawalker is worth the investment. The movement speed boost is worth losing 15 mastery.

Was looking at your tank...he's got some of the same odd ideas for reforging (real heavy on the parry) and I was amused to see three heavy savage leather kits on his gear. He needs to get a real inscription, real arcanum, and lavawalker for his boots. Also he needs to replace his neck w/ the 365 from the molten front (mastery + exp is preferable to dodge + hit).

Interesting that your guild has the dark pheonix achievement...but neither you nor he have your defender titles...