Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Comparing the quality of PvE players by country

As many of you surely have noticed, wowprogress.com has some new features which allows new kinds of comparisons without manual work ("advanced filter"). Nothing major, but the possibility to see rankings by language is kind of cool.

So it's good for some simple comparisons in any case. Let's take for example...gee, I don't know...let's take Finland, a country with 5 million people. Where the top5 looks like this:

1 DREAM Paragon (25 r) EU-Lightning's Blade 6/7 (H)
    36 Exploding Labrats (25 r) EU-Stormreaver 6/7 (H)
    44 Draama (25 r) EU-Chromaggus 6/7 (H)
    78 SOULKEEPERS (10) EU-Kazzak 5/7 (H)
    110 Gifu (10 r) EU-Al'Akir 4/7 (H)

For 2nd example...hmm, let's take the top5 of Greece.

3651 The Haunted (10/25 r) EU-Genjuros 6/7
    7402 Circle of Nerzhul (10 r) EU-Twilight's Hammer 5/7
    8022 Infernals (10 r) EU-Genjuros 4/7
    8515 Firebreathers (10 r) EU-Genjuros 4/7
    8637 Guerreros (10 r) EU-Genjuros 4/7

Still waiting for that first normal mode Ragnaros. The score for Italy doesn’t seem so great either if you compare it to the number of Italian guilds that are raiding. If I were mean, I could draw some parallels into the European economic crisis and which countries are causing it, or analyze the organizational skill of said countries, but I won't ().
    Oh, and the largest number of very well-progressing raid guilds comes from Germany, by far. Go figure.

Of course, these are just numbers for a PC game. In order to make proper comparisons, we would need numbers for a) how many people are raiding WoW per country and b) how many of them are serious about it. But meanwhile, some conclusions can me made regardless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ouch, those Greek numbers look bad.
    BTW, 3/7 hc and several 2/7-1/7 hc guilds in Hungary (10M) and we have not exactly a good enconomy.
    I don't think we should draw big conclusions from these data

Ah there is a filtering on wowprogress now and here is a more accurate list of Hungary's progress:
    http://www.wowprogress.com/?faction=..._week=&lang=hu
    Last edited by Zka; 2011-07-19 at 10:07 AM.

Deleted
    People from norway/finland/sweden are born gamers.

Deleted
    I'm thinking the swedish guilds are the highest on the average scale, as alot of them raid with friends and don't bring in outsiders that can ruin their raids, from whatever i've gathered. Too bad trying to understand swedish is like watching a guy poop out of his mouth while trying to talk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I'm thinking the swedish guilds are the highest on the average scale, as alot of them raid with friends and don't bring in outsiders that can ruin their raids, from whatever i've gathered. Too bad trying to understand swedish is like watching a guy poop out of his mouth while trying to talk.
    They generally just raid alot, since its too dark or too cold in their countries to ever go outside. See the comparison to Greece/Italy, where the day/weather cycles are actually more healthy.

Now look at mid-EU, and you'll find out another noteworthy information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    They generally just raid alot, since its too dark or too cold in their countries to ever go outside. See the comparison to Greece/Italy, where the day/weather cycles are actually more healthy.

Now look at mid-EU, and you'll find out another noteworthy information.
    Either that's a bad joke or strong misinformation, either way I'm curious as to what the other piece information is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahak View Post
    Not born, just extreamly bad weather for pmuch 9 months out of 12 and amazing inet.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mdfx View Post
    and amazing inet.
    This makes a huge difference. Connections have huge differences per country.

15+ Year Old Account
    These meters don't exactly make sense now do they, you would need to put comparison of what % of the nationality plays WoW, for instance it seems to me that on every server when I ask someone nationality I roll dice and it's either UK or scandinavian countries.

Deleted
    The biggest problem would be the countries like USA where you could pretty much drag the players from the whole country and if there's a million bad players it will drag down the list by a mile

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    The biggest problem would be the countries like USA where you could pretty much drag the players from the whole country and if there's a million bad players it will drag down the list by a mile
    Which is pretty much the same as it is in EU with Scandinavian

lol'ed!! Hmm im from finland and im playing game because im enjoying it not because there's bad weather

Deleted

Holland atleast killed Ragnaros and killed a heroic mode. So we aint that bad as greece.

The only explanation I can give you about Greek players as I am one is that here in Greece, and I guess in Italy as well, the Mediterranean climate is so good that we cant stay in front of a pc for so long fighting in a game to prove our existence or our organizational skills.
    We prefer to organize beach parties and meeting girls, having fun in the real world.
    I never met anyone who goes for summer holidays in Finland or Sweden.
    Our weather, the sea and our temper allows as to do it better... the Northern countries where always better in working than us, that's why we have this economical crisis!
    I blame the sunshine....
    Last edited by Alphamage; 2011-07-19 at 10:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 Adept (25 r) Frostmourne 6/7 (H) 16819.44
    2 Tsunami (25 r) Frostmourne 5/7 (H) 10947.22
    3 Crimson Blade (10 r) Frostmourne 4/7 (H) 9463.89
    4 Prestige (10 r) Jubei'Thos 4/7 (H)

Hm.. Oceanic aren't too bad, and Adept is Aussie, so go the Aussies! We have shit ping compared to Americans, so it's even more win! I think we'd be quite the competition against the world if Blizzard introduced a server that's close to Oceanic players.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-07-19 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    These meters don't exactly make sense now do they, you would need to put comparison of what % of the nationality plays WoW, for instance it seems to me that on every server when I ask someone nationality I roll dice and it's either UK or scandinavian countries.
    Yeah I put that in the OP in the first place, you see. If someone has such statistics (amount of WoW players per country) please link here.
    Of course this isn't "perfectly reliable data" or anything like that, it's just something to make some kind of conclusions from and to feel superior towards our mediterranean friends

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post

Holland atleast killed Ragnaros and killed a heroic mode. So we aint that bad as greece.
    And "Dude where's my mount" is a Dutch/Belgian guild (like a lot of Dutch speaking guilds) so I suppose that counts for two countries

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    The only explanation I can give you about Greek players as I am one is that here in Greece, and I guess in Italy as well, the Mediterranean climate is so good that we cant stay in front of a pc for so long fighting in a game to prove our existence or our organizational skills.
    We prefer to organize beach parties and meeting girls, having fun in the real world.
    I never met anyone who goes for summer holidays in Finland or Sweden.
    Our weather, the sea and our temper allows as to do it better... the Northern countries where always better in working than us, that's why we have this economical crisis!
    I blame the sunshine....
    Same goes for work, people in Greece go party more than working, economy and your words somewhat proving this point.

Anyway, PROUD OF MOTHERLAND:

6 Карфаген (25 r) EU-Пиратская Бухта 6/7 (H) 17186.10
    14 Экзорсус (25 r) EU-Свежеватель Душ 6/7 (H) 17102.77
    35 Войд Зона (10 r) EU-Свежеватель Душ 6/7 (H) 16847.21
    55 Эксайл (10 r) EU-Ревущий фьорд 6/7 (H) 16775.00
    73 Инсигния (25/10 r) EU-Страж смерти 5/7 (H) 10986.11
    76 Чёрный Лотос (25/10 r) EU-Гордунни 5/7 (H) 10963.89
    77 Энвижн (10 r) EU-Подземье 5/7 (H) 10952.78
    86 Фаэтон (10 r) EU-Ясеневый лес 5/7 (H) 10902.77
    98 Особое мнение (10 r) EU-Страж смерти 4/7 (H) 9558.33
    125 Эксплойт (25 r) EU-Черный Шрам 4/7 (H) 5191.66
    128 Вайп на трэше (25 r) EU-Термоштепсель 4/7 (H) 5186.11
    138 Реборн (10 r) EU-Гордунни 4/7 (H) 5169.44
    181 Мисклик (25 r) EU-Черный Шрам 4/7 (H) 5119.44
    184 Генезис (25 r) EU-Разувий 4/7 (H) 5116.66
    195 Картина Маслом (10) EU-Свежеватель Душ 4/7 (H) 5105.55
    207 Би Негатив (25 r) EU-Разувий 4/7 (H) 5097.22
    221 Форс Мажор (25 r) EU-Гордунни 3/7 (H) 3697.22
    234 Наследники Титанов (25 r) EU-Пиратская Бухта 3/7 (H) 3686.11
    249 Тайга (25 r) EU-Ясеневый лес 3/7 (H) 3669.44
    255 Имя Говорит Само з.. (25 r) EU-Гордунни 3/7 (H) 3669.44

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    Yeah I put that in the OP in the first place, you see. If someone has such statistics (amount of WoW players per country) please link here.
    Of course this isn't "perfectly reliable data" or anything like that, it's just something to make some kind of conclusions from and to feel superior towards our mediterranean friends
    Or it speaks of poor education system in which players are playing only with players of their own country as their ability to socialize with english speaking community is limitted? Who knows I think this thread is just asking for flames.
    Last edited by Exiztence; 2011-07-19 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahak View Post
    Thats Korean people.