Thread: Leap of faith

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Think we have fraps of me and 2 other priests chain pulling someone that DCed from trap spawns / smashes during P1 on Ragnaros all way to P2.

Al'akir Squall line failures.

Deleted
    your grip on the pally could have just inturupted his "crusade" proced holy light which means he spends <1k mana healing himself for 30k as long as he casts it within x seconds of geting a killing blow.

first you inturupted then the dk inturupted, unlucky timing on your part i guess as that holy light would proably have taken him from 60% to full if it had crit but your grip stoped that. ( and then the dk's)

i saved some1 from being shot of from the middle by an ele shaman

The ONLY time I have ever actually planned on using leap is during the first boss in Halls of Origination (the one with the two levers to put the shield down). When the content was still new (and even now to make the run go faster) I would station myself near the side of the path leading to the boss, near the stairs where the tank/dps will have to run up. I would life grip the tank up to increase distance from snakes and then the tank could interrupt the channeled AoE...it really worked perfectly and I was hoping that there would be similar situations where the utility was there...other than that I should have it macro'd with:

/y %t was Life Gripped because they failed to move out of the fire!

In my former guild i would try and kill people with it

but im a lil more serious guild now so i use it some times but not as much as i want.

killing people is funny :P

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

I've seen it used properly a couple of times to varying degrees of effectiveness, but mostly it's just used to pull people in lava when they're afk for mass laughs.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I hate that spell for the reason that half the time peopel use it on me, is because they think you need to move from boss abilities like 10 secs before they happen, when i preffer running as late as i can. i can see the meaning of the spell, but like 90% of the time, its used for nothing :P

The most I have ever used it in raids was pulling people when Atramedes' flame got a bit to close.

Other then that, I usually use it to pull people into bad things

Pretty much use to it to troll the mage/druids in my guild. Sadly I don't find to much I can practically use it for as a healer.
    The only problem I've had with it in this expansion was that I have to be facing them to use it.

in pve 5's there's always that one dk who never watches his health and stands side by side with the tank (and eats cleaves/ground based aoe.) i lifegrip them, and you know what? they run back to where they were standing...

great in pvp though. deathgrip/thundershock/typhoon counter, flag runner helper, focused squisher helper, etc

edit. also good for nubcake tanks who can't do positioning
    somebody call for d doctor?

Best use of Life Grip i have found:

Life Grip a hunter who feigns during a wipe. Make him/her take a repair bill like the rest of us!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Best use of Life Grip i have found:

Life Grip a hunter who feigns during a wipe. Make him/her take a repair bill like the rest of us!
    Best use ever. They should pay their bills just like us non-feigning people do, they do come in handy with a mass rez every now and then though.

Deleted
    Yes...the shadow priests in our raid have mastered the art of griping people to the edge of Ragnaros's platform so that even if they don't move, they fall into the lava.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i had leap of faith i would be grieving and pissing off so many people in battlegrounds on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Yes...the shadow priests in our raid have mastered the art of griping people to the edge of Ragnaros's platform so that even if they don't move, they fall into the lava.
    Wait, what? really?!?! I MUST LEARN!!!

My Main is a hunter, Our holy priest loves to troll me, normally Life Grips me while I'm running, makes me run into the lava QQ Then I rolled a Disc Priest Mwhahaha Payback is a bitch

10+ Year Old Account
    This just reminds me of DKs that use Deathgrip to pull someone away from people in pvp. Healer getting focused by 3 people? "DEATHGRIP (probably with a "Get over here!" type /say macro) HIM TO ME, YEAH! OH GOD WHY AM I FEARED?!" Meanwhile, that priest just healed to 100% and backup arrived, and we lost the point, and the game. Woo!

It's a nice spell for emergencies, like, pulling someone into a grounding zone on Elemental Council before a big attack, Being a little too far to the side on a Valiona Breath, ect. It doesn't have much use in FLs, a few things here and there. Over all, it's just a "I noticed you aren't moving from that fire, let me scare the piss out of you while I save your ass" button.

You, OP, just used it at bad moments. Pay more attention. Don't Lifegrip people who are running out of LoS to heal, just heal them instead, don't Lifegrip people onto the cap points unless they're planning to go there, ect. Most people will say they aren't capping, or just check if you have mid. Use it to get people out of large groups, pull the FC ahead (but not onto a cap point most of the time), stuff like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Wait, what? really?!?! I MUST LEARN!!!

My Main is a hunter, Our holy priest loves to troll me, normally Life Grips me while I'm running, makes me run into the lava QQ Then I rolled a Disc Priest Mwhahaha Payback is a bitch
    lol well from what I can tell, its the corner between rags platform and the pathway down to him. You just back peddle at different angles until your char actually starts to go down the side of the platform ever so slightly. It really is about hitting the sweet spot so to say. :P

Most of the time when I use it seriously, I help grab idiots standing in harmful aoes or misplaced players and usually thank whisper me to thank me. The other times, I use it to mess around, pull one of my friends near the edge to scare the shit out of them, that sort of things.

I love it in pvp as well when a Deathknight deathgrips one of your teammates and you quickly react with life grip. It's just a great feeling saying Lifegrip > deathgrip. or even when a shaman throws off one of your teammates off a cliff and you're able to quickly react with lifegrip to pull them back up before they fall to their death. It's such a satisfying, rewarding feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so I imagined this guy getting gripped to safety by you, then out of the air, and finally landing in a herd of enemy players, then destroyed. Then, I picture his rage. And this made me laugh.

There are some people who rage at you for using it because it gives you the ability to control their character and people don't like the sensation, so they rage at you. For instance, I was in a ZA run where the tank had sped off after we'd just downed a boss and not given me time to drink, then went head first into a group of mobs and nearly died. I was watching his health from afar and knew I had to grip him away from the mobs long enough for me to toss up a shield, then penance him. This works, luckily, but afterward the guy then flips out at me despite him being at 10% when I pulled him with 5+ mobs on him (the cats immediately after the dragonhawk boss) and in spite of the fact that he lived.

"wtf did you grip me for?"
    "Because you were about to die?"
    "um, no i wasnt"
    "Yeah, you were and wtf are you mad at me for? I wasn't even griefing you w/ it."
    "i just get mad at people you use it wrong. i was fine."