Battlefield 3 vs Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Hello everyone!
    I'll be quick and direct, and hope mentioning BF will lead to CoD wars and stuff.
    It's been around a month I've got into Bad Company 2, and I'm really, really enjoying it.
    With the "soon" release of BF3, I thought to get to know about it as I've never played BF2 at first place; I read it will be more like BF2 rather than BC2.
    So, does that mean it will be a completely different thing compared to BC2? I mean, I've seen it will still have the 4 classes model, basically the same game modes and at a first look I'd also say very similar gameplay.
    My question would be, what will the real differences be, mainly (BF3 over BC2)?

I've tried to google about this, but only got some videos about BF3 and no comparisons in gameplay :/
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    My question would be, what will the real differences be, mainly (BF3 over BC2)?

I've tried to google about this, but only got some videos about BF3 and no comparisons in gameplay :/
    Better graphics and doubled player-limit for MP
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Support is a new class in BF3

15+ Year Old Account
    Larger maps, more vehicles, higher player count, etc.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Deleted
    i doubt the improvements will make it an enjoyable time past the first hour or so, just like any other shooter. it's a more boring grind than an mmorpg such a WoW, with many more idiotic players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    I'll be quick and direct, and hope mentioning BF will lead to CoD wars and stuff.
    Warning: CoD fanboys attempting flank!
    Last edited by conqq; 2011-07-19 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    Been a MW player myself for a long long lonnggg time. Just weeks ago I found BC2 on steam summer sale, and I'm no way going back. The team play is much more existant, players are on average way more mature than the random CoD player, and the game itself is great fun once you get the hang of it.

Gief BF3!

If they make it more like BF2 like they said they will you will also BF2 also had a player dedicated to being commander who was able to make supply/light vehicle drops, call in mortar strikes, give orders and all those command-y things.

Other than that as others have mentioned double the multilayer limit, larger maps (but the game types will still include rush and conquest), more and different vehicles (including jets), the ability to go prone again.

In most other regards however BF2 played a lot like the BC's

Quote Originally Posted by Pino View Post
    Support is a new class in BF3
    Not really for all intents and purposed the Support is the Medic from BC2 and Assault is the Medic from BC2 (only their weaponry is the same as the original class) aka support drops ammo and assault drops health.
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2011-07-19 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    And the ability to go prone again.
    That is, unless they disabled it for the MP.
    Lack of prone in BC2 made me rage.

It was one of the very first combat related training things we had in army. Hitting the dirt as fast as you can. Why would a military game miss something like that expesially when it's very open ffffff
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    If they make it more like BF2 like they said they will you will also BF2 also had a player dedicated to being commander who was able to make supply/light vehicle drops, call in mortar strikes, give orders and all those command-y things.

Other than that as others have mentioned double the multilayer limit, larger maps (but the game types will still include rush and conquest), more and different vehicles (including jets), the ability to go prone again.

In most other regards however BF2 played a lot like the BC's
    I think one of the favorites things I saw in a preview: When you knife someone, YOU ACTUALLY KNIFE THEM. It's not just an animation and they die. Plus weapon recoil and muzzle flash looks much more real and SOUNDS real.

BF3 will not have a commander

I hope they get the knife right in BF3 to be honest, it acted the same way in BC2 (swinging animation if you were just swinging it but you'd stab if you should stab) however this lead to it behaving really laggy and in most cases you would end up getting shot before it actually kills them since the animation was so long (and the damage was not applied until the end of it ie. after you've pulled the knife out instead of put it in) which lead to it rarely being worth using at all.

All my friends and I refer to it as the lag knife :S but I'm getting off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    I hope they get the knife right in BF3 to be honest, it acted the same way in BC2 (swinging animation if you were just swinging it but you'd stab if you should stab) however this lead to it behaving really laggy and in most cases you would end up getting shot before it actually kills them since the animation was so long (and the damage was not applied until the end of it ie. after you've pulled the knife out instead of put it in) which lead to it rarely being worth using at all.

All my friends and I refer to it as the lag knife :S but I'm getting off topic.
    In the video they showed at E3 were the guy got knifed he didnt have his gun out so maybe there wont be that problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPu7-LtLKmU

^^ actual multiplayer gameplay

Something's seriously wrong with the editor lately...

---------- Post added 2011-07-19 at 12:37 PM ----------

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    i doubt the improvements will make it an enjoyable time past the first hour or so, just like any other shooter. it's a more boring grind than an mmorpg such a WoW, with many more idiotic players.
    You don't seem to like this type of game therefore your opinion is invalid. Also I find fps games to be less grindy than any other type of game as you play them to go on a rampage and kill your fellow man, making me more likely to play for sheer enjoyment rather than to collect a b and c.

OT: BF3 seems almost like a step back to BF1942 moreso the large desert combat mod. They are even reintroducing some of these maps again. It's going to be amazing, pity i have to upgrade my comp just to run it.
    Last edited by mmoc0635589ad4; 2011-07-19 at 04:44 PM.