Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

5 Reasons Skyrim is Going to Make You Its B@#%h

Here is the article the title of the article pretty much sums it up. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1181905p1.html
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

If they're doing another crappy console -> PC port, you can count me out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kind of an odd list.. 1. Really good reason 2. Dragons! 3. More dragons! etc.

Still looks like a great game.. I've never played the Elder scrolls series and it makes me sad after looking into it.. I love open world games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post

Still looks like a great game.. I've never played the Elder scrolls series and it makes me sad after looking into it.. I love open world games.
    The best one was Morrowind by far, I'd recommend you check it out and get the mod that improves graphics so you don't have to gouge your eyes by its datedness

Skyrim is going to be just like every other Elder Scrolls game :|, of course they are going to try and hype it up to be something more.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for sure. I really love the elder scrolls games in general for their open and immersive world; this one looks like it won't be any different. I really hope that they fix some of the problems with Oblivion's leveling system, though.

Also, for those looking to dig up old elder scrolls games for memories, don't forget Arena, the game that started it all! It was released for free a few years ago for its tenth anniversary, and seems to be available for download at various places, such as here:

http://download.cnet.com/The-Elder-S...-10281566.html

I spent so long playing that game as a kid...

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post

You need to play oblivion, now.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    You need to play oblivion, now.
    For the majority of the playerbase, oblivion was the worst one to date :S

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Well PC playerbase because the game was nerfed to hell to fit it on the infant next-gen consoles they didn't know how to code for. It took years for modders to make the game playable for me.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Skip the main story+lots of mods and its no longer the worst lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Skip the main story+lots of mods and its no longer the worst lol
    Yeah, the core game of Oblivion wasn't so much bad, just generic. But hooooo boy could that baby be modded! And once it was, it was fuckin beautiful! Even if the story still sucked.

Kinda indifferent to Skyrim at this point, Bethesda can produce good games, but it's been so long since the last Elder Scrolls, it's not exactly hot on my mind.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Bit off topic but thinking about Skyrim is making me drool over what their next Fallout will be like.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Skyrim is going to be just like every other Elder Scrolls game :|, of course they are going to try and hype it up to be something more.

And..

That's a bad thing?

Running around a virtual world killing dragons...no thanks. bring me the pvp

If it is anything like oblivion, I'll pass.

If its anything like Morrowind, Sign me up SCOTTY!

Hype hype hype hype then poof, usual Bethsoft fare. Mark my words.

"Why is AI retarded?" - "Um, we had to make it work on XBOX"
    "Why are textures so crappy?" - "Um, we had to make it work on XBOX"
    "Why is character generation and customization so oversimplified?" - "Um, we thought XBOX players are idiots"
    "Why does the story suck compared to older Elder Scrolls games?" - "Um, since we thought XBOX players were idiots, we gave them idiot story."
    "OK, but I am playing in on the PC." - "Um, we just ported the thing, optimization wasn't a priority. Here, have a construction set."
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post

"Why is character generation and customization so oversimplified?" - "Um, we thought XBOX players are idiots"
    "Why does the story suck compared to older Elder Scrolls games?" - "Um, since we thought XBOX players were idiots, we gave them idiot story."
    "OK, but I am playing in on the PC." - "Um, we just ported the thing, optimization wasn't a priority. Here, have a construction set."
    Don't forget Ps3 optimization!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post

It has a lot less to do with the fact that the XBOX was a factor than the fact that Bethesda has a crappy engine they love to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morrowind was awesome. Oblivion was 3 times as awesome. Skyrim will be 20 times more awesome than that. Ahmygawwwwddd.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    Morrowind was awesome. Oblivion was 3 times as awesome. Skyrim will be 20 times more awesome than that. Ahmygawwwwddd.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988