Deleted

Lich King Heroic (10-man)

Hello people!

As my guild doesn't have enough sign-ups/strong setup for Firelands, we decided to head over to ICC. We only managed to get 11/12 in HC before Cata got released. Basically, I got a quick question:

To do Lich King on heroic 10-man difficulty, do you need to kill Sindragosa, PP and Blood Queen on heroic as well on that specific lockout, or is normal fine? Specifically, we plan to do Sindra, PP and BQ on 25-man normal for the Shadowmourne quest chain.

Thanks for fast answers.
    /Marest

Yes, you need to kill all bosses. With a competent group you can easily do it all in under an hour

Though, for the Shadowmourne quests I believe you have to do it on 25 man.

You have to kill the end-wing bosses on heroic to unlock LK10hc.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    You have to kill the end-wing bosses on heroic to unlock LK10hc.
    Do you need to kill it on heroic that specific lockout, or do you (the RL) just need to have killed them at some point?

Deleted
    To attempt LK on heroic you have to down Saurfang, Putricide, Lana'thel and Sindragosa on heroic, on 10 and 25.

Its actually funny if you forget that, say kill saurfang normal, then you stand on the frozen throne at 11/12 and nobody's there.

Actually, all who said you need to do end wing bosses on heroic are wrong, they changed that before Cataclysm released. You can do all bosses on normal, then switch to heroic when you're at LK.

You do not have to do the end bosses on HM to pull LK HM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cekz View Post
    Actually, all who said you need to do end wing bosses on heroic are wrong, they changed that before Cataclysm released. You can do all bosses on normal, then switch to heroic when you're at LK.
    This is correct. It USED to be that you had to do the end bosses on heroic but they changed that either just before or when Cata released.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of 4.0 you don't have to kill them.

Deleted
    To serve which purpose?
    The bosses die as fast on heroic as on normal mode, if you kill them on normal to save time you're probably not prepared for LK heroic either. Just rush through on heroic.

EDIT: I hope they didn't change the fact that heroic 25 bosses have a higher chance on dropping Shadowfrost Shards than normal..

To be more specific. Provided you are a kingslayer, you can clear the first 11 on normal - be sure to switch the encounter to heroic BEFORE people enter the throne room...
    You can change difficulty while you're on the throne, but not in combat of course.
    Last edited by mmoc80e4089929; 2011-07-19 at 07:56 PM.

But.....
    they are also right - can't do any shadowmourne quest chain in 10 man mode - has to be 25 man only.

To be more specific. Provided you are a kingslayer, you can clear the first 11 on normal - be sure to switch the encounter to heroic BEFORE people enter the throne room...

nothing sucks worse than having half of your raid need to hearth and be resummoned...
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adanosa View Post
    To serve which purpose?
    The bosses die as fast on heroic as on normal mode, if you kill them on normal to save time you're probably not prepared for LK heroic either. Just rush through on heroic.

EDIT: I hope they didn't change the fact that heroic 25 bosses have a higher chance on dropping Shadowfrost Shards than normal..

You can change difficulty while you're on the throne, but not in combat of course.
    You obviously didn't read the OP. We are 10 players doing the 3 last tier bosses on 25-man because of the Shadowmourne quest. Seeing as we are 10 players, it is a huge difference to do it on 25-man versus 25-man heroic and was the reason why I asked in the first place.

Thanks to everyone for the fast replies.