Thread: Frost Mage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfox3 View Post
    invocation gives approximately +750 sp a few times in one battle. isn't it better than impact?
    The majority of Mages have found the additional control offered by Impact to be more useful (it doesn't DR with Deep Freeze). IMO what you're really giving up anyway isn't the burst from Invocation, but Imp Blink, which blows Blazing Speed out of the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speccing into Impact also gives you Blazing which speed gives you better control and some speed burst that can be useful at times despite being RNG. A 2 sec stun beats out 10% damage from invocation considering most decent healers will fake you and you will only get a blanket anyway. And Imp. Blink is the ace talent you want ehre anyway.

EDIT: ^Beat me to it
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

Deleted
    I've seen a few mages using 9/0/32, but yeah, most mages - like 90% of them, are using impact's build.

tbh I think 9/0/32 is better. Blink helps to run away fastly (which I really like!), and Invocation gives approximately +750sp a few times during the battle. I think it's better option than low 10% chance on getting instant FB. Stun for 2 sec - it's helpful to stop healers, but it has just 10% chance to be casted, so ypu never know when it happens, and probably not in the right time. you can't control it, and it won't come when you really need it. don't know how long is the Impact's duration, but even if it comes, I doubt I'll waste my time on waiting for a healer to start casting, so I could stun him.

tbh I don't got a space for my fire blast in my action bars (got icelance, COC,fb,blink,ffb in 1,2,3,4,5 and frost nova, pet's frost nova, cs and deep freeze in f1,f2,f3,f4). I always even don't have the time to cast my trinkets and icy veins, coz i'm busy with other spells...

Blazing speed - 5% chance. yeah. it gives better control than blink...

btw; why some mages gem/ench for 10% haste?

what's rng?

I've seen a few mages using 9/0/32, but yeah, most mages - like 90% of them, are using impact's build.

tbh I think 9/0/32 is better. Blink helps to run away fastly (which I really like!), and Invocation gives approximately +750sp a few times during the battle. I think it's better option than low 10% chance on getting instant FB. Stun for 2 sec - it's helpful to stop healers, but it has just 10% chance to be casted, so ypu never know when it happens, and probably not in the right time. you can't control it, and it won't come when you really need it. don't know how long is the Impact's duration, but even if it comes, I doubt I'll waste my time on waiting for a healer to start casting, so I could stun him.
    /shrug

The proc occurs pretty frequently, and you've got a fair amount of time to use it. It's very handy as an interrupt on healers, and as an emergency peel on enemy DPS. Invocation Frost isn't terrible, if you prefer it by all means go with that, if you're a decent player you'll have success. Just don't ask us which is better when you've already made up your mind.

tbh I don't got a space for my fire blast in my action bars (got icelance, COC,fb,blink,ffb in 1,2,3,4,5 and frost nova, pet's frost nova, cs and deep freeze in f1,f2,f3,f4). I always even don't have the time to cast my trinkets and icy veins, coz i'm busy with other spells...
    You should have plenty of binds available, even if you don't have a mouse with extra buttons. Just use more of your keyboard's buttons for spells, and employ alt/shift modifiers.

Blazing speed - 5% chance. yeah. it gives better control than blink...
    Yeah, like I said, Imp Blink blows it out of the water; but interrupting an Inner Focus'd Priest that's spamming Flash Heal by using an Impact proc? That's money.

btw; why some mages gem/ench for 10% haste?

what's rng?
    I'm not sure about the haste, I'm not aware of any particular breakpoint. It's possible that allows for an extra Ice Lance off during Deep Freeze, not sure.

RNG = Random Number Generator

Ex: Crit = RNG damage increase, it either happens or it doesn't. Haste = uniform damage increase, every cast is faster.

Deleted
    should I get staff or a dagger+offhand?

dagger+offhand is better, because you can enchant the offhand with +40int. but does 40 int mean anything? and staff looks way better... :P