system panel conector help

i bought a ASUS p8h67-m pro motherboard, for my pc build, i first did a external build, and bootet it up with a screwdriver tuching the pins, when i mounted everything togheter, plugged everything togheter it dosent boot up i even tryed without the front panel power conector and the reset conetor etc. and again with a screw driver it DOS NOT want to boot up. the Motherboard still has the green light flashing. But may my motherbord be busted?! what to do get a new?

10+ Year Old Account
    you sure you didn't bend any pins or short the wrong circuit with your screwdriver? (actually thats why I never recomend booting with a screwdriver...)

Are you sure that the screwdriver wasn';t magenetic?

it was magnetic fuck, thats it?

10+ Year Old Account
    quite possibly.....

fuck then il have to put out 130 euros for a new one, thanks for the help =)

10+ Year Old Account
    see what other people here come up with... but that'd be my guess.. also if its a new one you can probably try and get it replaced.... just say it was dead out the box.

Depending on where you bought it from they may or may not even bother to check.

Did you plug in the extra 4 wire power connector to the motherboard? You have RAM and graphics card installed?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Did you plug in the extra 4 wire power connector to the motherboard? You have RAM and graphics card installed?
    yes everything instaled, video card, all cabels lol even fans, everything. then i Plugged in and pussed start no dosent work. take out the power thingy, try Screwdriver again. NOP dosent work. take out everything putt it on external again, plugg in as i did first time, but without video card. but dident even gets fan on CPU moving. Il just send it in since its no damage in the bord like bendt power units or anything and just say it never stardet, and putt in a trololol for it. Thanks for help

---------- Post added 2011-07-19 at 08:47 PM ----------

Last edited by omlimnuub; 2011-07-19 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    see what other people here come up with... but that'd be my guess.. also if its a new one you can probably try and get it replaced.... just say it was dead out the box.

Depending on where you bought it from they may or may not even bother to check.
    realy hope they dont have/or will check it i will try this if not then il have to buy another one for 120dollars, i was quite depressed, but il get the next build right. wont do a external ever!! Also iw come to the conclusing that iw was a good lesson for me. Wont fuck that up again!

Does the motherboard have a LED panel readout on the motherboard that shows POST codes?
    If so you can read the post code and reference it with the motherboard manuel.

-What components have you connected to the motherboard
    -EXACTLY what happens when you press power button. you say it doesn't boot up. I'm guessing you mean that the system doesn't POST?
    -If the system isn't posting, have you any swap parts to test with the system?
    -Are there POST indicators on the motherboard (like an LED).
    -Do you know for sure that the system can POST without the front panel
    -What happens after you try to power up. does the system turn on and make noise, does it stay on or shut down after a few seconds?

Just FYI you should understand the basics when trying to explain your issue.

POWER - System detects PSU/Mains connection. If this is ok the next sequence in startup is POST.
    POST - POWER ON SELF TEST. Components required for POST to work -> cpu, mem, video card, power, motherboard.
    BOOT- System powers up and all post components pass the test, this then now tries to detect the hard drive and see if there is an OS installed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by patrock View Post
    Does the motherboard have a LED panel readout on the motherboard that shows POST codes?
    If so you can read the post code and reference it with the motherboard manuel.

-What components have you connected to the motherboard
    -EXACTLY what happens when you press power button. you say it doesn't boot up. I'm guessing you mean that the system doesn't POST?
    -If the system isn't posting, have you any swap parts to test with the system?
    -Are there POST indicators on the motherboard (like an LED).
    -Do you know for sure that the system can POST without the front panel
    -What happens after you try to power up. does the system turn on and make noise, does it stay on or shut down after a few seconds?

Just FYI you should understand the basics when trying to explain your issue.

POWER - System detects PSU/Mains connection. If this is ok the next sequence in startup is POST.
    POST - POWER ON SELF TEST. Components required for POST to work -> cpu, mem, video card, power, motherboard.
    BOOT- System powers up and all post components pass the test, this then now tries to detect the hard drive and see if there is an OS installed.
    BOOT - System continues from POST and looks for a bootloader on any storage medium flagged as bootable.*