[Music] Favorite musicians.

Post who are your favorite musicians, from the traditional guitar/bass/drummer, to whatever

Dream Theater are perhaps my favourite examples to demonstrate to other people the complexity, professionalism and talent gone into progressive metal and the metal genre altogether; although Opeth has a hauntingly beautiful simplicity in their Damnation album that has I will forever admire. Akerfeldt is my favourite vocalist as of this moment, DT's guitarist John Petrucci and former drummer Mike Portnoy are both inspirations and idols to me as a player of their respective instruments myself.

Slightly softer, I like two songs by John Rzeznik (although they're the only ones I've listened too, really) and Hold Your Colour, Pendulum album. Metal is still my favourite genre though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Too many to list really... Just too many, but I'll leave a quick list without explanations really: Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Trivium, Amon Amarth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Green Day, Toto, Dimmu Borgir, Black Sabbath and Rhapsody (of Fire)

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Opeth......
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Hey coll,,,i love music s much so i have many favorite musicians :
    Jim Morrison
    Molly Brown
    Sir Winston Churchill
    Enrico Fermi
    Mikhail Gorbachev

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a very wide range.
    Punk: Ramones, MISFITS, SUBLIME (punkish sometimes), the clash. some sex pistols stuff

metal: Huge METALLICA fan, by far my favorite band. But I mostly only listen to the trash stuff, not the later years hard-rock type stuff

pop punk kind of stuff: sum 41, BLINK 182

rap: Dre, Ice cube, Kanye west, Lupe, nwa, Eminem

classic rock: Springsteen, The Eagles, Pink Floyd

Ska: mighty might bosstones, STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO, reel big fish

all the stuff underlined are the bands/stuff I mostly listen to on my ipod

EDIT* I noticed the dude who mentioned dream theater, couldn't agree more. Portnoy and Petrucci are just complete masters of their intrsuments, no one can refute that. I also respect Springsteen a ton, everything from lyricism to music. Dude has been busting out four or five star albums since Born to Run in 1975 and is still going strong
    Last edited by Docsauce; 2011-07-21 at 08:06 AM.

My favorite songwriter is without question Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, single handedly writing most of the bands songs (with Ellefson co-writing a lot of stuff). Definately one of my favorite guitarists too.

The most musicial guitarist is most definately Chris Broderick from Nevermore, now Megadeth. He can play everything really, haven't seen a single genre he can't play.

James Hetfield is also one of my favorite musicians, the way he just writes stuff, it automaticly just comes out of his hands, its so exciting to watch.

Deleted
    Kai Hansen. Anything he touches automatically turns awesome.

Vladimir Horowitz

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    My favorite songwriter is without question Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, single handedly writing most of the bands songs (with Ellefson co-writing a lot of stuff). Definately one of my favorite guitarists too.

The most musicial guitarist is most definately Chris Broderick from Nevermore, now Megadeth. He can play everything really, haven't seen a single genre he can't play.

James Hetfield is also one of my favorite musicians, the way he just writes stuff, it automaticly just comes out of his hands, its so exciting to watch.
    *Brofist of Metulz*

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann