Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    lol. Prove it buddy.
    Bet you don't have shadows at max. Bet you don't have AA and Multisampling at max.
    No, that build will *not* run max settings, don't lie.
    everything is maxed out, except either multisampling, or antialiasing (cant remember off the top of my head which). But the one that is NOT maxxed out, is disabled because of a bug with water effects being maxxed, so it doesn't matter right now. Wow is NOT dificult to be usable on max settings, and people that spend this retarded amount of money to get it there are simply that, retarded. If you have other needs and want, great, spend the cash, its all good. if all you want is max wow, like i said, I am there with a SLIGHTLY weaker then puppy build, so anyone can be.

First of all, what all do you plan to do on your computer other than gaming? Anything demanding on the computer? Or just mostly internet surfing/pr0n viewing?
    Games/School

---------- Post added 2011-07-19 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Tons.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw

Watch that series. Build the $1500 build, which will be roughly $1400 if you take out the 2600k. Additionally, I'd consider getting a different Solid State Drive. Intel's 510/320 series is pretty solid, though both OCZ and Intel are having SSD related issues.
    Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onslaughth2 View Post
    everything is maxed out, except either multisampling, or antialiasing (cant remember off the top of my head which). But the one that is NOT maxxed out, is disabled because of a bug with water effects being maxxed, so it doesn't matter right now. Wow is NOT dificult to be usable on max settings, and people that spend this retarded amount of money to get it there are simply that, retarded. If you have other needs and want, great, spend the cash, its all good. if all you want is max wow, like i said, I am there with a SLIGHTLY weaker then puppy build, so anyone can be.
    Using the term retarded as derogatory is insulting and proves you're nothing but immature. Also, it fails to prove credibility. WoW is incredibly CPU intensive. I know people who have framerate issues in stormwind on overclocked 2500ks. Let's see a screenshot with your FPS counter open in AV or something. (We can tell if you photoshop/have it on a lower setting. Most of us play on Ultra. )

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is very little software that most people uses that even pushes the i5-2500K to its limits, and that's at stock speeds. I understand the want to upgrade in the future, but be realistic.... Ivybridge is seriously overkill when you think about it. Anyone who has a Sandybridge build right now, especially the i5 and i7 chips, is probably good for the next 3-5 years unless something absolutely drastic happens in the software industry.
    I agree, however, I would only recommend someone buying a h61 right now if they were going with a current SB like the 2100-2300 and had very little interest in gaming. It's a bit silly to not try to get the most out of your money with gaming. Especially when the new console generation comes out the need for higher end components will increase drastically. Right now we're in a pretty big lull.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I agree, however, I would only recommend someone buying a h61 right now if they were going with a current SB like the 2100-2300 and had very little interest in gaming. It's a bit silly to not try to get the most out of your money with gaming. Especially when the new console generation comes out the need for higher end components will increase drastically. Right now we're in a pretty big lull.
    If you have to cut prices, the first thing you cut is futureproofing. If it works now and will continue to work, why would you cut something that might compromise that as opposed to "I may possibly buy a top of the line IvyBridge in a year or two."

10+ Year Old Account
    In a world like ours where technology is always changing and new becomes old very quickly you usually don't want to remove future upgradability off the table right as you buy it.
    These are wise words!
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    If you have to cut prices, the first thing you cut is futureproofing. If it works now and will continue to work, why would you cut something that might compromise that as opposed to "I may possibly buy a top of the line IvyBridge in a year or two."
    Maybe, but his budget is 1500. If his budget was 'that' cramped, he could wait a bit, save more money, or harvest what he could from his previous machine. To each their own however, I prefer to try to futureproof and be able to upgrade little by little down the road.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but his budget is 1500. If his budget was 'that' cramped, he could wait a bit, save more money, or harvest what he could from his previous machine. To each their own however, I prefer to try to futureproof and be able to upgrade little by little down the road.
    If you look at the most recent build, I recommended something entirely different than an H61. I was under the assumption he wanted to spend as little as possible.

Shell out for at least a i5 2600k processor as they are made to be overclocked 4.0 ghz is low end of what they can do and they do that ezpz and that is almost double the processing power of the one in the puppy. Also it will give you a motherboard that can upgrade to a more useful processor. Amd has been terrible for quite a while now.

15+ Year Old Account
    If we ask for a SS of settings and FPS in a raid are you gonna photoshop it like the last guy who tried to convince us of this?

@OP:
    Will last you far longer than the puppy build and is easily inside your estimated $1,500 budget
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    Shell out for at least a i5 2600k processor as they are made to be overclocked 4.0 ghz is low end of what they can do and they do that ezpz and that is almost double the processing power of the one in the puppy.
    Obligatory:

I hope you mean the i5 2500k or the i7 2600k, or I'm missing something major.

Quote Originally Posted by Omang View Post
    Yeah, I was looking at that and the $1000 build.

This will be my first time building my own comp. so I was wondering if there were any guides on what to do.
    Guides you say? We don't need no stinking guides! But in all seriousness, putting the pieces together is quite simple and obviously there have already been guides linked. Just don't be nervous about it. Most of the pieces are pretty intuitive as to how to install them and as long as you get the pieces in the original packaging they should have some install instructions if you aren't entirely sure what to do. The motherboard usually has a pretty comprehensive guide on what goes where as well. I've been building computers since 1989 and I can assure you it's not rocket science. Just don't try to fit the square peg through the round hole and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Guides you say? We don't need no stinking guides! But in all seriousness, putting the pieces together is quite simple and obviously there have already been guides linked. Just don't be nervous about it. Most of the pieces are pretty intuitive as to how to install them and as long as you get the pieces in the original packaging they should have some install instructions if you aren't entirely sure what to do. The motherboard usually has a pretty comprehensive guide on what goes where as well. I've been building computers since 1989 and I can assure you it's not rocket science. Just don't try to fit the square peg through the round hole and you'll be fine.
    Lol, I won't.

Any monitors you'd recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Omang View Post
    Lol, I won't.

Any monitors you'd recommend?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824260020 <-

If it's too pricey, try to get the 23" version somewhere.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except that's not "max" that's..... maybe good. AA and Multisampling are a huge thing in graphics, and having water effects down, and I am sure shadows as well, you are nowhere near max. Stop spreading misinformation.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that's not "max" that's..... maybe good. AA and Multisampling are a huge thing in graphics, and having water effects down, and I am sure shadows as well, you are nowhere near max. Stop spreading misinformation.
    Pretty much this. You can't claim you're doing 'max' if you're turning down all the things that actually stress components.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new console generation does not worry me one bit dude. Consoles have almost always been and pretty much always will be a total joke in comparison to real gaming computers.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new console generation does not worry me one bit dude. Consoles have almost always been and pretty much always will be a total joke in comparison to real gaming computers.
    And yet the gaming market is driven by consoles, and not computers.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet the gaming market is driven by consoles, and not computers.
    Sadly! At least those of us who are bamf enough (joke I SWEAR!!! Don't hate/flame!) to buy/build our own gaming PCs will always have better gaming experiences and such. ;D

All hail the N64 plugged into a gaming computer. :P Nothing missing. ^_<
    "A flower.

Like i said, its ALL max except the one setting that is disabled by BLIZZARD because of the water effects bug. My water effects is max as well. about to take a screenshot from stormwind, too early in the day for raids and such...but that will give a small baseline.

---------- Post added 2011-07-19 at 10:02 PM ----------

ok, it wont let me upload...do i need a post limit to upload here?