Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They also had only one mage, so clearly mages are bad too, right?

Don't take one guild's layout as indicative of anything, frankly. They probably didn't have a shaman player who was as strong and consistent as the other classes for the slot.
    They brought the mage for the hero, as opposed to bringing a shaman :P

Deleted

Don't take one guild's layout as indicative of anything, frankly. They probably didn't have a shaman player who was as strong and consistent as the other classes for the slot.
    they used the mage for TW obviously...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazycab View Post
    They brought the mage for the hero, as opposed to bringing a shaman :P
    Except that as pointed out before, they also brought a BM hunter, whom according to the armoury, has a Core Hound as his last used pet. They took the mage, but probably not for any specific reason.

Edit: Upon refreshing the armoury his active pet changed to a wolf. Don't try that one

Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster View Post
    This. Bring the player not the class.
    ^ lol.

I'd actually be really interested to hear why there weren't any Shammies from the raid team themselves. Probably just a case of maximising everything to win the race for first kill, but it would be interesting to hear the details. "We didn't bring any because they can x but they can't y." Etc. It might not be a negative thing, and maybe they just didn't have one around. (I find that a little hard to believe, but hey, could be.)

Anyway, hopefully a couple of Shammies will be around for the next few kills.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    I am pretty sure Shamans are hated by blizz....

On a serious note, it's kind of sad seeing no shaman on the list of the first kill, but there's bound to be one sometime in the later kills... in the near future.... near 4.3...
    Unless Blizz decides to add dungeons! Then it will have to wait until 4.4!

In my opinion it's the exact opposite of what you just said. It has nothing to do with skill or consistency. They have geared shamans. They're the #1 guild in the world, they aren't lacking skill. They simply didn't bring them because they didn't have to, which one can infer the class itself just isn't strong enough.

I play a Shaman, but seriously, you're kidding yourself. Shamans are great, and they are NOT as bad as people make them out to be, but even if they perform slightly worse than other classes in all regards, it's enough to not have to bring them to a world first kill.

Only one Mage spec, only one Rogue spec, no Retribution Paladin, no Shaman. Lots of POSSIBLY other unused specs, if just basing off each toon's two specs.
    If Shaman were the ONLY specs not represented, I'd be more inclined to think there was a problem; as it stands, this is a single kill. Just be patient and see what compositions other guilds use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no mage in their LK 25 HC first kill - doesn't mean a thing. Maybe their finest shammy wasn't able to log and got replaced by a druid?

It means nothing. Just bring your shamans to the raid!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    Unless Blizz decides to add dungeons! Then it will have to wait until 4.4!
    /nod nod

but I think that'd be kind of redundant from their part so I think it might not happen.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    not this shit again...

Deleted
    Shamans are a disgrace to wow, not surpriced.
    (I'm kiddinggggggg, yeah shamans need a major buff tbh)

Well there is les and les Shamans if they dont plan that then Blizz guys must realy have something with ther heads if none cant see that ....... on my serwer where 10 guilds ar at last 3/7+ hc i'm 1 of 4 ele shamans and there is only 4 enhs as well ..... So 10 guilds that ar in first 500 best Guilds have only 8 DPS shamans that mins Something or i'm Just bloody stupid . I dont say we do bad DPS but we realy need to Give 150% from our efort to do so While bloody Arcane mage can literaly hit the keyboard with his Head and outDps me .. comon !!!

personally, I don't mind that much.

but it does go to show blizzard is homogenizing classes way too much.

shamans are no longer unique.
    let me drop a windfury totem! oh wait, a hunter.
    maybe wrath of air? oh wait, a spriest.
    how about strength of earth? oh darn, dks and warriors.
    I know! stoneskin! ugh, a pally.
    mana spring? oh no, the same pally.
    elemental resistance/healing stream glyhped? another pally...

at least we have heroism/bloodlu- oh hey look, a mage. -_-"

Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster View Post
    Only one Mage spec, only one Rogue spec, no Retribution Paladin, no Shaman. Lots of POSSIBLY other unused specs, if just basing off each toon's two specs.
    If Shaman were the ONLY specs not represented, I'd be more inclined to think there was a problem; as it stands, this is a single kill. Just be patient and see what compositions other guilds use.
    Um, that's kinda the whole point... you know, that other classes *have* at least one somewhat viable spec (though I think Shamans aren't bad in general -- see my previous post).

I wouldnt be so sure of that. Their members are bound to have 1 of every char at 85, geared and ready to switch to whatever is best this patch/that fight (remember the many boomkins on sinestra). The argument that I would go with is that, just because shamans arent the best of the best atm (in that, top guilds wont use them) that doesnt make them as terrible as perhaps some would make out.

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    In my opinion it's the exact opposite of what you just said. It has nothing to do with skill or consistency. They have geared shamans. They're the #1 guild in the world, they aren't lacking skill. They simply didn't bring them because they didn't have to, which one can infer the class itself just isn't strong enough.
    No, you can't make that inference. A sample size of one is not significant enough to draw any conclusions about anything at all, especially when your premise is, at the absolute best, of indeterminate veracity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post

I play a Shaman, but seriously, you're kidding yourself. Shamans are great, and they are NOT as bad as people make them out to be, but even if they perform slightly worse than other classes in all regards, it's enough to not have to bring them to a world first kill.
    Not entirely true. Go take a look at their roster yourself. They have 10 shaman total, most of which are alts/pvpers. Only 2-3 of the shamans in the guild are geared enough for hc firelands and only 2 were taken to hc firelands kills.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Kahva/simple

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kyylol/simple

Even if they wanted to take shaman to the raggy kill, its not like they had many to choose from at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshi View Post
    personally, I don't mind that much.

but it does go to show blizzard is homogenizing classes way too much.

shamans are no longer unique.
    let me drop a windfury totem! oh wait, a hunter.
    maybe wrath of air? oh wait, a spriest.
    how about strength of earth? oh darn, dks and warriors.
    I know! stoneskin! ugh, a pally.
    mana spring? oh no, the same pally.
    elemental resistance/healing stream glyhped? another pally...

at least we have heroism/bloodlu- oh hey look, a mage. -_-"
    Ehi, we still have nature resistance aura (unless a hunter would like doing shitty dps). :P
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    I wouldnt be so sure of that. Their members are bound to have 1 of every char at 85, geared and ready to switch to whatever is best this patch/that fight (remember the many boomkins on sinestra). The argument that I would go with is that, just because shamans arent the best of the best atm (in that, top guilds wont use them) that doesnt make them as terrible as perhaps some would make out.
    Check my post. And heres an armoury link :- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/li...&class=7&rank=

They do not have many shamans capable of swapping in and out for kills.

Deleted
    Who the hell gives a shit? I'm a shaman, I get picked for raids in my guild, I'm a core raider.
    That's all I give a damn about, and so should you.