10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Next time on..

Does it really bother anyone else when tv shows do the whole "Next time on [TV Show] - [Spoilers]"?

I mean isnt the point of watching a tv show to find out whats going to happen? Just curious if there is anyone who actually wants them to spoil the next show for them.

Please dont post with things like 'I dont watch tv'.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it doesn't bother me too much because you can skip those parts and just not watch them.

I don't know why they add them, perhaps to help with some people's curiosity?

The one thing I hated about a particular show I watched was when they put the summary for the episode right in the damn beginning..
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-09-04 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same logic as a movie trailer. It leaves hooks in the back of your mind that make you more likely to actively seek out watching it. I don't mind them except when it's a cliffhanger ending in one show that's immediately spoiled by the preview.

yeah its all about teasing the audience. trying to toss things out there in an incomplete way, leaving you wanting to know why this or that happens in the next episode.

now, what i really really dislike... "previously on..." when its on TV its some what ok but still annoying. i can see watching so many shows, you might forget bits and pieces from a specific one, or there might have been a break, so on. if its a show where it each ep flows right into the next then yeah. if its a show where each ep can mostly stand on its own then why does it matter what happened last week? this gets even more annoying when you are watching a show back to back, recorded or on dvd/bluray/streaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a teaser to get people excited for the next episode. If done right it should make you be like "Ohgodohgodohgod...WHATS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT??"

What really ticks me off is when the present has to give a summary of the show THAT YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET!

Makes detective stories real fun -_-
    Me sorry. Not do bad again, honest. :<

I don't really mind it. I hate open endings a lot more. Where they are about to reveal the bad guy for example and then suddenly FADE OUT and credits.

Deleted
    Moved thread.