Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Thrall by Cristie Golden: ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

I play Horde and Alliance and quite frankly I had it with all the Thrall crap. Yes he's the Hero of the expansion, yeah he led the Horde big FRIGGIN WHOOP! He's in every questline and on every poster. I'm sick of seeing this guy's face. Next he's gonna be on cereal boxes.

They saved Illidan's face in the game for the intro and as a final boss in an epic raid. Arthas was the bad guy who always showed up when heroes died or to gloat over a victory. We see thrall in this new quest that he wants to settle down and get married, and in an intro to the Firelands, A Raid that he isn't even in nor does he do JACK in any of the quest lines. Nada, Zip, the HIPPIE WENT HOME! If anything Malfurion the guy on the frontlines is almost ignored.

So why do we have to hear about a guy praying to a Giant Toliet while the rest of the world is actually doing something!

Lore rage over, comence trolling.

Chris Metzen really thinks hes Thrall. Blame him.

Thrall is the lapdog of chris metzen. He is not going away so get used to him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    They saved Illidan's face in the game for the intro and as a final boss in an epic raid.
    As i recall, people complained about this endlessly because he basically had 0 presence throughout the expansion until you got to Black Temple.

I do agree however that there was too much emphasis on Thrall over Malf when he shouldve had more presence - in this trailer at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although he may be shown quite a bit, he is kind of the reason the world of Azeroth still exists. You know, the whole keeping the world from collapsing and all. I'd say he's done quite a lot of work already. I do agree the return and presence of Malfurion has been sorely underplayed so far. But hey, at least the shaman who whine can look at lore and know they have a +1 over other classes somewhere? :P
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

i agree, they r overlooking every other lore characters for thrall this expansion, what the blood elf guy has just been jacking it since sunwell was restored, velen been playing CoD in exador, and i only pointed out the leaders, there r plenty of other major lore figures that arn't leaders that are being overshadowed

Who's Cristie Golden and why should we care?

OT: he's a major lore figure, why would there be LESS of him?

10+ Year Old Account
    They saved Illidan's face in the game for the intro and as a final boss in an epic raid.
    Which wasn't that great of an idea, because people who did not play Warcraft 3 had really no idea who the guy is and what he is doing and why should we be afraid of him.

Thrall is the main character in Warcraft, you know the statue outside Blizz head office? yeah it's of Thrall.....

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

I do agree the Thrall quest chain was done badly (well it was an awesome quest chain, just IMPLEMENTED badly) but the novel is FANTASTIC so far.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post

OT: he's a major lore figure, why would there be LESS of him?

she writes wow books

she isnt terrible

[QUOTE=Providence;12330158]Who's Cristie Golden and why should we care?

She writes warcraft novels, some of the better ones infact.

OT: Just be glad we wont be hearing from Knaak for awhile.
    I'm not too addicted to quit WoW, I've already done it dozens of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Although he may be shown quite a bit, he is kind of the reason the world of Azeroth still exists. You know, the whole keeping the world from collapsing and all. I'd say he's done quite a lot of work already. I do agree the return and presence of Malfurion has been sorely underplayed so far. But hey, at least the shaman who whine can look at lore and know they have a +1 over other classes somewhere? :P
    As far as I'm concerned, Thrall has done absolutely nothing. Staring into the Maelstrom =/= keeping it from "collapsing". Not to mention I was the one recovering the pieces of the World Pillar while he was doing... what was it? Oh yes! Nothing! And who the hell likes Malfurion? He's a self-righteous windbag who turned Illidan against us because he has a stick up his ass. We actually have enough of those running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post

She writes warcraft novels, some of the better ones infact.

OT: Just be glad we wont be hearing from Knaak for awhile.
    BOOM

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

I play Horde and Alliance and quite frankly I had it with all the Thrall crap. Yes he's the Hero of the expansion, yeah he led the Horde big FRIGGIN WHOOP! He's in every questline and on every poster. I'm sick of seeing this guy's face. Next he's gonna be on cereal boxes.

They saved Illidan's face in the game for the intro and as a final boss in an epic raid. Arthas was the bad guy who always showed up when heroes died or to gloat over a victory. We see thrall in this new quest that he wants to settle down and get married, and in an intro to the Firelands, A Raid that he isn't even in nor does he do JACK in any of the quest lines. Nada, Zip, the HIPPIE WENT HOME! If anything Malfurion the guy on the frontlines is almost ignored.

So why do we have to hear about a guy praying to a Giant Toliet while the rest of the world is actually doing something!

Lore rage over, comence trolling.
    you realize of course that if it wasn't for Thrall, there would be no WoW?
    The game that was going to be about an orc slave (Thrall) was scrapped and WoW was made instead.
    Safe to say Blizzard has a soft spot in their hearts for Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    BOOM

And I was having such a good day up until now :<
    And it looks like its involving Varian too, my god when will this mad mans rampage end?
    Last edited by Lightstorm; 2011-07-20 at 02:59 AM. Reason: bad engrish
    I'm not too addicted to quit WoW, I've already done it dozens of times.

Ah well that gives her some credibility then. I disagree that there should be less of Thrall but agree that there should be more of everyone else. There are major lore figures who's stories are either non-existent or just out right boring (ie gnome leader, draenei leader, goblin leader, blood elf leader, worgen leader)

edit: in all honesty a lot of the major lore in this game has been pretty awful
    Last edited by Providence; 2011-07-20 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Chris Metzen really thinks hes Thrall. Blame him.
    really wish metzen would take a liking to the game of thrones, and bring George r.r. martin in to write.

Sorry, but Thrall did nothing? Without him, wouldn't Azeroth be destroyed already?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that Thrall is one of the most important characters in Warcraft history and all but still to be honest thye should include Malfurion more in the trailer of 4.2 with his former druid student Fandral it would have been more awesome but oh well that's just my personal opinion.