Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Where will we fight deathwing?

With Illidan and the lich king, it was pretty obvious where the end fight would take place, but with deathwing there is really nowhere that makes sense. Any idea's on where it could happen?

He may be hiding in Pakistan.

In all honesty though, I have no idea, but I guess it could be almost anywhere if they do what they did with Firelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing's Lair is in Outlands . Check this link for further info http://www.wowwiki.com/Fileraenor_map.jpg
    Also if you read the lore: "Deathwing hid eggs from all the different colors of dragons in his lair but the radiation from Gul'dan's spells or whatever hit the unborn drakes and created the Netherwing ."
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted
    Prolly have something to do with Deathwings lair (In Outlands).
    If it's not that, I would say it will be some deep part of Grim Batol maybe..
    If not that, no idea.

What about unused portals beneath Wyrmrest Temple?

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    They're gone Lorewise. Happens in the new Thrall novel.

Seems too easily accessible by his enemies to me. In addition, he would most likely be found in the Obsidium Sanctum (as he was a black dragon), and that's an instance already, as is Ruby.

Don't quote me on this and i am just taking a guess but i think they'll use the rest of the Wyrmrest Temple instance portals for filler bosses before expansions like Ruby Sanctum. Again don't quote me on it just taking a wild guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they could make a epic flying battle.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I wish they could make a epic flying battle.
    flying battle, the best way to know who is a big retard playing XD
    do you remember malygos ?

A lot of people have been asking this question. My guess would be either somewhere around or in Grim Batol, or some new zone blizzard makes for Deathwing specifically.

I'm personally going to fight him in the comfort of my own home and in my computer chair ; )
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deathwing is big enough that he IS the dungeon himself

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna fight him in Deepholm with assistance from Therazane :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyceron View Post
    flying battle, the best way to know who is a big retard playing XD
    do you remember malygos ?
    He said epic. Malygos was retarded.

Deleted
    He should be a world event. You need to gather the entire server to take him down!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Deathwing is big enough that he IS the dungeon himself
    This reminds me of FFX.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deepholm, another part of it, not accessible from Maelstrom. ????

Weird, i allways THOUGHT he was somewhere in deepholm, dwelling underground

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Deathwing's Lair is in Outlands . Check this link for further info http://www.wowwiki.com/Fileraenor_map.jpg
    Also if you read the lore: "Deathwing hid eggs from all the different colors of dragons in his lair but the radiation from Gul'dan's spells or whatever hit the unborn drakes and created the Netherwing ."
    :/ sorry to be the bearer of bad news bro, but you didnt read your lore all the way. He did hide in Draenor (Draenor =/= Outlands btw, so you already messed up with your map, ill explain why in next paragraph) and lay eggs, hence why there are black dragonkin in Blade's Edge Mountains and why we see a variation in Shadowmoon Valley. However that was when the Dark Portal was reopened by Ner'zhul. (During the Second War). Deathwing was attacked and defeated in Draenor though, and fled back through the portal into Azeroth.

(Btw, the Dark Portal was opened three times. First by Medivh [Controlled by Gul'dan], then by Ner'zhul, then by Doom Lord Kazzak.)

Now, the reason why your link to the map is wrong, is because Draenor and Outlands are not the same, though it is on the same planet, there is a crucial event that differs the two. When Ner'zhul reopened the Dark Portal, he also went further and opened multiple portals to other worlds in hopes of conquering those as well. However, by doing so, the portals' energies ripped Draenor apart. (As thus, most of the land is no longer there, since it was destroyed. Similar to the Great Sundering of Azeroth)

tl;dr (read it, its always good to know more lore info) Deathwing's Lair was there before Draenor was destroyed. Now it's no longer there.

Hope that history lesson helps!
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."