Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have a 20kW grow op in the backwoods of a local state forest, plus I earn a stipend through money laundering for a variety of contacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly gems and enchants since 4.2 as the prices have gone up heaps. Selling red gems 180g each atm. Also been selling the new scopes for 800-900g per only costing about 250g of raw mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Aestis View Post
    I have a 20kW grow op in the backwoods of a local state forest, plus I earn a stipend through money laundering for a variety of contacts.
    Tell me where it is, so I can call the cops on you.
    Better yet, can we get a admin to post his IP with the last octet blocked?
    Last edited by Unferth; 2011-07-21 at 08:11 AM.

Im always following something new. Crafted stuff, valor BoEs from alts etc. Dont have any "stable" income source.

Deleted
    I usually just solo some old heroics or raids for fun, and get a ton of gold while doing so.

Solo trash in firelands now.
    I used to solo vanilla and BC raids on my DK and Hunter.

Deleted
    I make money with the professions I have listed in my signature. I'm planning on leveling blacksmithing soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    Tell me where it is, so I can call the cops on you.
    Better yet, can we get a admin to post his IP with the last octet blocked?
    No way, get this dude instead. Snitches get stitches, here in the lawless interblag.

Deleted
    I sell baby Gnomes to the Trolls and Taurens...

I take potions of treasure finding and farm areas with fast spawning mobs and get tons of chests, potions are 50-100g each. I make around 250-750g an hour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    I solo'ed firelands trash and got about a dozen epics in the first couple weeks and sold them all. I also got most of the BS and engineering pattarns and sold exactly 17 365 item lvl epics. Between those two I will never do another daily that I don't need rep from or work the AH/professions again for the rest of wow. I had about 100k gold between all my toons prior and now I would venture to guess it will be close to 3/4 of a million and now im bored.
    That's "over the top!" - c wut i did thar? hehe

Deleted
    firelands trash solo and prospecting gems

Was up to 200k a couple weeks ago, but got a new Druid to 85 and blew about 60k on gear. And I bought a Sandstone Drake a couple months ago. I'm sitting at about 125k at the moment and have put my gold making on pause while I enjoy a portion of the game other than making gold for a change.

I make all my money through Enchanting, JCing, Alchemy, and Inscriptioning.

TL;DR on all 4 professions:

Enchanting - Power Torrent / Landslide / Agi/Str/Int Bracer Scrolls. Huge profit margin per scroll and they sell like...something that sells fast.

Inscriptioning - Make 1 of every Glyph every Monday. Sell most of them by the following week. Rinse and repeat.

Jewelcrafting - Cutting Inferno Rubies. I don't bother with other gems - too much time and not enough profit. I get gems easily via Alchemy below.

Alchemy - Potions, Flasks, daily Life >> Air Transmute, and Carnelian + Heartblossom >> Inferno Ruby Transmute as a Transmute-specced alchy.

Also, read my signature for more details on Alchemy / Potions.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk92555 View Post
    Asking about making money in the professions forum is already off topic? Unless of course you mean GOLD, which is what we use in Wow for currency then it might make sense.
    Money is a blanket term the same as currency. If he had said dollars, euros, rupees, yen or any other specific real life term then you might have a case.

I don't make money. I horde materials.

I farm herbs on my druid. I send the herbs to my DK to mill into inks. I sent the volatiles lifes to my shaman to transmute into other volatiles as needed. I sent the volatiles to my priest to make dreamcloth (and all my toons that get embersilk sent to my priest). My paladin will farm ore and my wife helps prospect it and keep my supply of gems.

Basically, I don't have to buy anything. I do all my own enchants, farm and cut my own gems, and make some of my own gear for all my 85s. I rarely have to deal with overpriced nonsense on the auction house. It's incredibly efficient.

Money trickles in from dailies, looting, and selling excess mats/blues on AH. It doesn't get spent very often, though.

Really, gold just happens. I made a DK on another server (only toon, no transfers), I had flight by 60 (both of them), had to farm some khorium/fel iron/adamantium to get gold for epic flying by the time I hit 70, had master flying by 80 (doing basically nothing but leveling), and have bought a few epics since then (bought truegold cooldowns to make my own helmet, have a belt made, etc). I've probably earned nearly 20k gold just getting to 85 and reaching 355 item level.

Deleted
    I rob a when I run low on funds, a piggy bank tututu!

Oh wait you meant in-game? I don't. I get no time to make any money because all my spare time goes into sleeping(I've alot of catching up to do), taking care of the house, raiding, keeping my future roommate happy by doing quests with her for hyjal everyday (suppose I make a small amount of gold from those quests though) I have to raid to make sure the guild doesn't fall appart again (TBH there's like 5 of us who are any good and could manage Firelands bosses, we downed Nef the first time today QQ and I have to catch up for one other healer's slack almost every fight because we can't get any other healer, oh and this probs also counts, we did start alot later with raiding then your average guild, like a month or two before Firelands opened up) oh and also keep my IRL ''friends'' happy by going out with them every saturday and when they come by my house unnanounced by letting them in even when I don't feel like their company >.>

Erh but this was about gold not my life story or for me to rant about my current situation, my bad, anyway, not that much other than from dailies (I also don't have any real money making profession, I have engineering :P)

Farm mats, make ebonsteel belt buckles and bars and sell them, I'm nowhere near rich but I have enough to go around.

Earned my cash through solo farming Firelands. I'm up close to 600k.

Deleted
    ive had more than 200k across 2 chars since early wrath, i cant remember the last time ive "made money"