Deleted

So what's the situation with pvp nowdays

yo,

I haven't played for over a year now, so i have no idea how the current game is for pvp. I have always played rogue/paladin mainly rogue from vanilla ------> Wotlk, so what i'm asking is:

How is pvp atm? Is it fun? is damage too high, health too low, whatever the case i'm interested to know the state of the game so i can decide if i wanna come back. Hope for feedback from all classes (especially rogues!!)

cheers for yo time

No doubt you're going to get a wide-spread of answers, but from my view it depends on what type of PvP you do... If it's normal BGs you can face anyone from greens to Ruthless geared people to PvE geared people. In other words, you can one shot people, you can be one shot by other people, or it can be a pretty fun fight.

Talking in a fair environment with multiple people(aka not just 1v1 with a half your cooldowns), the amount of burst depends on how well you and your team mates are coordinated verse how well the other team are. If they chain CC your healer and they don't get peeled, you're gonna' be blown up.

Or the answer you're probably looking for - Yes, you can still zerg someone in a Shadow Dance+Smoke Bomb in a random BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Same old same old. Rogues are in a tough spot now though (though not too bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Same old same old. Rogues are in a tough spot now though (though not too bad).
    Not sure if serious? Haven't you heard of RLS? Not to mention RMP is viable every season.

very hard to tell. when did you stop palying, late s7?

2 vs 2 can be fun as 2 dps. heal/dps vs heal/dps is lasting 45 minutes most times.
    3 vs 3 is still the main bracket. a lot fotm setups. tsg is still cleaving hard. mls is dominating atm (and will continue with legendary staffs).
    5 vs 5 is better than in wotlk (4 dps is less viable imo, so damage is lower in general).

damage can be extremly high, but i find it easier to predict swaps so you can handle the damage better.
    some classes still go from 100% to 0% inside a smokebomb (at least i heared so, sorry im a rshaman :P).

sub rogues are in a good spot. their survivability got nerfed with the last patch, but they are by no means as squishy as in wotlk against cleaves.
    the damage is good and controlable, but you shouldnt be able to solo healers. smokebomb and redirect are two very important abilities for quick swaps and kills.

there are plenty of viable setups for rogues as well:
    rmp and rls are still r1 viable, but some teams replaced the rogue with a feral.
    meleecleaves like rogue/dk/heal are also very viable and can kill stuff in seconds.

well, its hard to tell if a comeback is worth though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Not sure if serious? Haven't you heard of RLS? Not to mention RMP is viable every season.
    Thats very specific to arena. Tbh the side to wow i have always enjoyed was sitting outside with all the pvp nutters and duelling (with occasional arena and bg). i dont want this post to be rogue focused too much but how are rogues handling 1v1.

Seems to be a bit more about finesse than WOTLK was in my opinion. You can last a bit longer, though it doesn't seem like you last as long as you did in TBC. I like the balance right now, but as a healer i find melee classes to be much more dangerous than casters since they all have interrupts on short cooldowns.

Deleted
    Is there a dominant class when it comes to 1v1? if i remember correctly mages were too much in Wotlk. very hard to beat a good mage, i even remember that guy offering loads of gold if anyone could beat him (frost mage). Yeah i loved the tbc days, especially season 3.

1:1 is still the same. mages are okish, but not ontop the foodchain. rogues are in a good shape due to their new selfheal.
    dks and affliction warlocks are pretty tough for some classes, though.
    if your interested in 1:1 mainly, enjoy your rogue.

I'm having great fun as a rogue atm. I just came back as well, though my break was only a few months. Just stack resil and CC well, if you're skilled you'll do quite well.

Deleted
    Alright people, cheers for the info. Looks like i will grab a 1 month subscription and check it out. Once again i appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievabletekkers View Post
    Thats very specific to arena. Tbh the side to wow i have always enjoyed was sitting outside with all the pvp nutters and duelling (with occasional arena and bg). i dont want this post to be rogue focused too much but how are rogues handling 1v1.
    Lol you think the game is balanced around 1v1 duels outside Stormwind. Your opinion loses all validity right there.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Lol you think the game is balanced around 1v1 duels outside Stormwind. Your opinion loses all validity right there.
    nice trolling but did i ever say that? no. no i didn't.

Just because i prefer to chill out and duel over arena for fun doesn't mean anything. In summary: if you don't have anything useful to say. Don't say it.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Lol your only post isn't even answering the OPs question. Your opinion loses all validity right there.

See what I did there?

>.>

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievabletekkers View Post
    yo,

I haven't played for over a year now, so i have no idea how the current game is for pvp. I have always played rogue/paladin mainly rogue from vanilla ------> Wotlk, so what i'm asking is:

How is pvp atm? Is it fun? is damage too high, health too low, whatever the case i'm interested to know the state of the game so i can decide if i wanna come back. Hope for feedback from all classes (especially rogues!!)

cheers for yo time
    Couple things you need to know.

1. Alliance is still terrible at random BGs.
    2. Everyone complains about Frost mages even though they're not that difficult to deal with.
    3. Hunters still suck.
    4. The only PvP that is balanced is 3v3s and even then, not so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Lol your only post isn't even answering the OPs question. Your opinion loses all validity right there.

See what I did there?

>.>
    You are a top legend mate.

Rogues, as always, are still strong and somewhat balanced other than recup heal being a bit too powerful. But CloS nerf kind of sucks.

Holy pallys and Resto shamans are going to make you want to quit again.

And anyhow rogues are still strong 1v1 as always and can outplay everything except for Blood DKs, Holy Pallys, and resto shamans.