Mac-Compatible Games

Recently I've been trying to find a new game to start playing since I'm getting a little bored with WoW. However, all the cool games I see people talking about (Guild Wars 2, Rift, etc.) don't work with my operating system, Mac OS X

Can anyone recommend me to a good game that works with Mac? Thank you for any suggestions

Boot Camp + Windows + any game you want = profit.

However if that's not possible, or you just want to avoid Windows:

- There was a thread earlier on Mac MMOs. It was a very short thread, but someone linked this, probably worth a look: http://www.mmomac.com/

- I believe A Tale In The Desert supports Macs, but that might not be what you're looking for (no combat).

- In the spirit of "kinda sorta like an MMO" I would suggest League of Legends and Minecraft.

- If you're open to any genre, download Steam (it came to Mac last year) and go nuts.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguinFreak View Post
    Recently I've been trying to find a new game to start playing since I'm getting a little bored with WoW. However, all the cool games I see people talking about (Guild Wars 2, Rift, etc.) don't work with my operating system, Mac OS X

Can anyone recommend me to a good game that works with Mac? Thank you for any suggestions
    Check out steam, they have an entire section of Mac games. Otherwise just load windows onto bootcamp.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Deleted all the OT bull. He isn't going to buy a new computer to play games on, he wants to find games to play on his mac.

Bootcamps pretty simple to set up if you have that option. If not:
    Eve
    Warhammer
    Vendetta
    City of Heroes(think this is going ftp?)
    Lots of bad other ones

Here's a list:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/mac

All you need:
    StarCraft II

Quote Originally Posted by HadleyX View Post
    All you need:
    StarCraft II
    Shame RTS games aren't for everyone. And all SC2 focuses on is competitive play because of how mainstream it has become

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Shame RTS games aren't for everyone. And all SC2 focuses on is competitive play because of how mainstream it has become
    It has a great Campaign and CustomGames like DOTA or TowerDefense...

10+ Year Old Account
    All of my MAC games are old ones like Diablo, Full-Throttle, Sam and Max(the original), Mario's Game Gallery, Afterlife and the very obscure/weird as fuck: Uncle Albert's Fabulous Voyage. I think I also got Journeyman Project and some others like Mario Teaches Typing 2 to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    All of my MAC games are old ones like Diablo, Full-Throttle, Sam and Max(the original), Mario's Game Gallery, Afterlife and the very obscure/weird as fuck: Uncle Albert's Fabulous Voyage. I think I also got Journeyman Project and some others like Mario Teaches Typing 2 to work on it.
    zomg, Mario Teaches Typing <333333

If we're going retro, I highly recommend Escape Velocity.

Deleted
    anyone know any racing games for macs?

At least with a Mac you dont have to worry about gathering a gaming backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguinFreak View Post

GW2 works on Mac. So does ESO. I have both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to Steam and select Mac and you'll see all games playable on Mac