Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoluz View Post
    Agree, there has been many world firsts and i don't recall seeing a shaman. These guilds are the best in the world, I'm sure they have tried using shaman but they just don't cut it. Maybe blizzard should be asking these players why they don't use a shaman.
    The fact that an enhancement shaman is in the top 10 DPS on Beth'tilic, Majordomo Shanoxx, Baleroc and Rag on both 25 and 10 man normal modes, must be irrelevant?

Dunno if anyone noticed but Blizz forgot to change anything on DKs in the maintenance! Any idea when this hotfix is going to happen?

Deleted
    Realy blizzard? That's your arguement? "And why do you think the world first guilds continue to not bring any Shamans. Is it because they're in such a good place right now they didn't want people to complain that they were class stacking Shamans because of how amazing they are?" You know what i say? Eat my shorts like Bart would say. You are saying that shamans are good, but how good are they if no guilds that get 1st kill on a new content raid don't have a single shaman? I think you guys/girls realy should think of a better arguement.... Wish you good luck cause i'm realy interested in hearing a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping the "throttle" is less stringent than the General/Trade spam one. While I'd appreciate not getting spammed by emotes during PvP and/or RP griefers, it will make RP difficult, to say the least. (I cannot wait to hear the freakout by those very special entitled RPers, screaming more about deserving this and that louder than any of the hardest of the hardcore PvPers or PvEers. The WrA forums are going to be amazing.)

10+ Year Old Account
    And why do you think the world first guilds continue to not bring any Shamans. Is it because they're in such a good place right now they didn't want people to complain that they were class stacking Shamans because of how amazing they are?
    Really Blizzard REALLY ????? stop taking a dump on, us, resto shaman. Stacking what ?? You nerf tide totem to the ground, and in term ouf healing output whe're simply last. Mage and huntard got Bloodlust, our totem buff doesn't stack with most of others class buff. And don't event get me started on the mobility / survivabilty.

You're afraid ppl gonna stack shaman ? to what end ? World first down Hogger ?
    Last edited by Niight9; 2011-07-20 at 10:25 AM.

@ Daily Blink I knew I ground that rep for a good reason. It was just that i wasn't of that reason until now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    The fact that an enhancement shaman is in the top 10 DPS on Beth'tilic, Majordomo Shanoxx, Baleroc and Rag on both 25 and 10 man normal modes, must be irrelevant?
    Flawed logic. All of those fights with the exception of Beth'tilic have no or next to no movement. Of course Enhancement shaman are going to do well.

Personally, I'm an elemental shaman. I have geared my shaman as best as I can and I'm still 6-10k dps behind most classes with equal gear on stationary fights. If I want to move during fights, I have to lose 10% damage from my lava burst and my dps is presumably balanced around the 2 set bonus I don't have yet.

The level of difference in classes is just retarded - For example, lets pick on mages again for the fun.

Priority System and proc based dps (rolling thunder, lava surge) Vs 2 button Arcane spam. We all know who the winner is - Just retarded.

"On 25-player Heroic difficulty, Cloudbursts will now always properly apply Deluge to 3 players before fading away." i haven't had the change to get to him, this "fix" could have stopped world first yesterday?

Deleted
    I really don't get why Blizzard won't look in to Shaman a bit more.

My main is a Shaman and my dps is good enough compared to other ele shamans, so it ain't my skill. I'm playing my fury warrior again and he is doing better dps with less gear then my ele shaman. And I'm pretty rusty at playing my fury warrior atm.

I'm not 1 to complain normaly, but this is getting annoying. I don't mind doing a bit less dps then pure dps classes, but the difference is to big now. If it's like 5% of 10% average difference, you won't hear me. I don't need a shaman to be the best, but I do want Shaman to be compatative enough.

I've never seen so much ppl telling, writing, shouting that a class is doing bad. Normaly it is the same class telling they need a buff, but this time all classes agree on shamans being bad atm.

And Blizzard is just telling ppl there is nothing wrong with shamans. I really don't get it. Why Blizzard? Why are you defending Shaman so much atm? DREAM Paragon is pretty clear on why not to bring Shamans: Resto ain't pulling the heals compared to others, ele and enhanced aren't doing the dps compared to others. All totem buffs aren't special anymore since other classes will have simular buffs and nothing stacks anymore.

ppl might say DREAM Paragon is top guild and it's not the same comparing to 'normal' situations. But on my server Shamans will be last to pick on raids and dungeons atm. In trade ppl will ask for all classes, but shamans.

I might drop my ele shaman a main soon (with pain in my heart).
    Last edited by mmoc4cfe4591b7; 2011-07-20 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spaces and enters were cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleh View Post
    Flawed logic. All of those fights with the exception of Beth'tilic have no or next to no movement. Of course Enhancement shaman are going to do well.

Personally, I'm an elemental shaman. I have geared my shaman as best as I can and I'm still 6-10k dps behind most classes with equal gear on stationary fights. If I want to move during fights, I have to lose 10% damage from my lava burst and my dps is presumably balanced around the 2 set bonus I don't have yet.

The level of difference in classes is just retarded - For example, lets pick on mages again for the fun.

Priority System and proc based dps (rolling thunder, lava surge) Vs 2 button Arcane spam. We all know who the winner is - Just retarded.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I played an enhancement shaman since vanilla. I stopped half way through ICC, as I just couldn't bare the lack of movement, low dps and stupid rotation/priority. I don't mind a hard rotation, but I expect good dps for my pain (a la feral druid).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    good, spam during Swifty's ban was horrible
    no shitty!!! it shows blizzards desperation and incompetence in handling massive player events...
    really sad...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tracker
    And why do you think the world first guilds continue to not bring any Shamans. Is it because they're in such a good place right now they didn't want people to complain that they were class stacking Shamans because of how amazing they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Niight974 View Post
    Really Blizzard REALLY ????? stop taking a dump on, us, resto shaman. Stacking what ?? You nerf tide totem to the ground, and in term ouf healing output whe're simply last. Mage and huntard got Bloodlust, our totem buff doesn't stack with most of others class buff. And don't event get me started on the mobility / survivabilty.

You're afraid ppl gonna stack shaman ? to what end ? World first down Hogger ?
    I had quite the same opinion as you until I read the thread. It's taken completely out of context. A regular user suggested this and the blue poster quoted it. It's not actually a Blue posters opinion.

Re: Shamans While world firsts are a small sample set, they are the gold standard of sample sets. It does not make anyone feel any better about their class (and this is a game where things like this can really steer people away from a class) when the gold standards leave an entire class aside. Agreed that Blizz's response is pretty lacking.

15+ Year Old Account
    A chat filter on /say? Really, blizzard? Do you guys even play your own game anymore?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weenietot View Post
    Re: Shamans While world firsts are a small sample set, they are the gold standard of sample sets. It does not make anyone feel any better about their class (and this is a game where things like this can really steer people away from a class) when the gold standards leave an entire class aside. Agreed that Blizz's response is pretty lacking.
    It doesn't matter because what Zarhym said is true. A 1-kill sample size is useless from a statistical standpoint.

Enhancement is in a good spot. Elemental is slightly weak and could use a buff. Either way, the fact that they didn't take Shaman proves nothing.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    • Heroic bind-on-equip items now sell to vendors for gold.
    Could someone elaborate on that?
    I assume there was a bug where there was no gold amount for vendoring the item.

Everyone complaining about shamans not being required for world first achievements is dumb.

Like, unless you're the shaman who had to sit out for the world first achievement, why are you even talking? Is that even the case? Did a DPS shaman not get to go because he was useless? Probably not. I'm sure it's just all the shaman looking at the composition and overreacting.

If there hasn't already been a DPS shaman to kill Heroic Ragnaros, I'm sure there will be within the next few kills.If you look at _ANY_THER_GAME_IN_EXISTENCE_, that is spectacularly balanced.

I think Shaman just have a "I must be the most necessary role" complex. Shaman were absolutely necessary in previous expansions. And that was a well-needed change.

Saying shaman are useless, though? Really? Cry more!

Daily Blink never fails.

They finally woke up to what they did to DKs with all the past nerfs, first unholy gets a DPS boost and now Blood........Those who hated DKs in BGs are really going to howl now............I'm such a happy camper.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 09:04 AM ----------

OK I understand the need to take the servers offline to do the Honors fix (I am one of those who didn't get the promised Honors I had coming so flame away all of you who are pissed they shut the servers down to do it)......but was it really necessary to take down all the forums? Really?

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 09:12 AM ----------

Somewhere in the dark recesses of Blizzard's twisted Devs minds they decided (patch 4.2 I think) to make Heroic BOE drops so they could not be sold to vendors for gold (in an attempt to discourage off specc and non specc ninjaing of said items I am assuming). Now you can vendor them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    • Heroic bind-on-equip items now sell to vendors for gold.
    Could someone elaborate on that?

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 09:16 AM ----------

It didnt affect the mechanics of it no. But since the self healing and damage buff when you are in blood specc is dependent on the amount of damage you do with the strike, it is a significant boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Apparently, the complaints about the Aly fight and DK tanks having trouble downing their add was that much of an issue. It didn't change the self-healing in anyway though.
    Last edited by Moonsmaster; 2011-07-20 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadGH View Post
    Everyone complaining about shamans not being required for world first achievements is dumb.

Like, unless you're the shaman who had to sit out for the world first achievement, why are you even talking? Is that even the case? Did a DPS shaman not get to go because he was useless? Probably not. I'm sure it's just all the shaman looking at the composition and overreacting.

If there hasn't already been a DPS shaman to kill Heroic Ragnaros, I'm sure there will be within the next few kills.If you look at _ANY_THER_GAME_IN_EXISTENCE_, that is spectacularly balanced.

I think Shaman just have a "I must be the most necessary role" complex. Shaman were absolutely necessary in previous expansions. And that was a well-needed change.

Saying shaman are useless, though? Really? Cry more!
    Doesn't play a shaman. Clearly. We don't want to be the most necessary role, we just want to be considered a viable class. If you don't think Elemental has a problem, get off the drugs.