Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I'm tired of the Alliance, but...

Okay, so I've been trying my best to gear my hunter because I wanted to start PvPing on a more serious level. Unfortunately, I'm on the Alliance which means I lose more than I win. On top of that, I apparently have the worst luck in the world because I literally lose nine out of ten matches, everyday. The only ones I win more often than lose is the 10 - 14 bracket where playing the right class allows you to pretty much one-shot everyone. Any who, I'm definitely transferring off my current realm but I've been toying with the idea of transferring back to the Horde. Why? Because it's pretty obvious that they do tend to win more random BGs which allows them to gear up faster which means getting a chance to do rated BGs sooner and allowing them to enter arenas quicker. But I really enjoy being a human because their racial is so helpful in PvP because it frees up a trinket slot. I also like their lore and while I'm not particularly fond of the way they look, their combat animations always make me jealous when playing a different race (which is why I tend to eat up a lot of Savory Deviant Delight).

If I do transfer back to the Horde, I intend on being a Blood Elf despite the fact that their racials aren't all that amazing. I don't know how many end up in the high rating teams but just as a heads up, I will be playing a mage, warlock, hunter & rogue until I can find a class that suits me. At which point, I'll get rid of the other three. But I digress; so I have to ask... should I stick it out with the Alliance? Or should I transfer back to the Horde so I don't spend an eternity gearing myself up? I don't know if you guys know this but to gear up a hunter in a full set of PvP gear takes about 30k Honor Points. Now if I'm earning less than a hundred per BG, how long do you think that's going to take me? If I earn roughly 80 Honor Points per loss, that's 375 random battleground matches I have to endure just for a basic set of PvP gear. Now imagine doing that for the Conquest gear.

So yeah... what do I do?

The grass is always greener on the other side...(but really the difference is not really noticeable.)

Have you ever considered that you may be seriously hampering your teammates?

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    The grass is always greener on the other side...(but really the difference is not really noticeable.)

I LOVE how blizzard denied this as "3rd party sources that aren't true"

Yeah "NOT TRUE" when this website DATA-MINES 100% of the shit you do.

trololol blizzard

Deleted
    If you lose too much, one reason might be you.
    Of cause you cannot solely win a bg, but join with 2-3 friends and you WILL have an impact on the outcome.
    And if you're not constantly switching pvp main chars, winning bgs is even more unimportant.
    You could have full 365 gear just from doing arenas in the past, and that's entirely enough to compete.
    Replace with 384 gear, aquire some 371 at variable pace for offslots while waiting for more conquest points.
    It's not like you're forced to first farm a full 371 set to do arenas-

I think the win/loss ratio is about even between factions. If you want to seriously PvP then just join a PvP guild. Run some premades with them and you won't have to worry as much and they will help teach you how to maximize your class.

It's a team effort to win and it's a team effort to lose. If you insist on posting, I ask that you at least find a little common sense and use it.

There's a 5% difference total. That's a substantial amount. The only thing Alliance wins more than the Horde is Alterac Valley but that's not always guaranteed when doing random battlegrounds. More importantly, where does this data come from? I know I haven't submitted any data anywhere so unless it comes straight from Blizzard, it's not very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiva View Post
    I LOVE how blizzard denied this as "3rd party sources that aren't true"

Yeah "NOT TRUE" when this website DATA-MINES 100% of the shit you do.

trololol blizzard
    Ever think that this was from a third party source? Like wow census lol

Deleted
    It really doesn't take that long to gear an alliance character that you should transfer over. I've been swapping between ally and horde now for a quite a while, but honestly I don't see that much of a difference anymore. Maybe it's just my server/bg group, but I wouldn't faction change just to gear up faster. You could always try and preform a group for random bg if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Magivante View Post
    It's a team effort to win and it's a team effort to lose. If you insist on posting, I ask that you at least find a little common sense and use it.

There's a 5% difference total. That's a substantial amount. The only thing Alliance wins more than the Horde is Alterac Valley but that's not always guaranteed when doing random battlegrounds. More importantly, where does this data come from? I know I haven't submitted any data anywhere so unless it comes straight from Blizzard, it's not very accurate.
    A 5% difference is minor, especially in light of how your original post was written, (lol...). If I were you, I might think about taking my own advice when it comes to common sense.

5% =/= 900%

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Casie View Post
    It really doesn't take that long to gear an alliance character that you should transfer over. I've been swapping between ally and horde now for a quite a while, but honestly I don't see that much of a difference anymore. Maybe it's just my server/bg group, but I wouldn't faction change just to gear up faster. You could always try and preform a group for random bg if you can.
    375 random battlegrounds matches isn't that long? Do you not know how to tell time? Or what? Even if every match only lasted ten minutes long (which they don't), it would take about 62.5 straight hours just to farm all that Honor Points. Now mind you, that's just from losing all of them. If I won a lot, the time would be significantly shorter. Now, the only way for that to seem like a reasonable amount is if you do nothing BUT PvP the entire time for 24 hours straight each day. Since that's highly unlikely lets go ahead and break it down to about... two hours a day since it's unrealistic to spend all day PvP and to spend all day playing World of Warcraft. That's about 31 days before you get the full set which is a month. Yeah, sure, it doesn't seem bad except that this isn't even the good gear. This is the basic stuff that most people already have. I don't even want to imagine how unbearably tedious it would be to try and earn a full set of Conquest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    A 5% difference is minor, especially in light of how your original post was written, (lol...). If I were you, I might think about taking my own advice when it comes to common sense.

5% =/= 900%
    5% difference is a large difference and that's in total and as I said, not from a very reliable source unless it comes straight from Blizzard. So no, you should definitely take my advice and get some common sense. Oh, and learn some basic math skills.

Nine times out of ten =/= 900%.

Okay, so I've been trying my best to gear my hunter because I wanted to start PvPing on a more serious level. Unfortunately, I'm on the Alliance which means I lose more than I win. On top of that, I apparently have the worst luck in the world because I literally lose nine out of ten matches, everyday. The only ones I win more often than lose is the 10 - 14 bracket where playing the right class allows you to pretty much one-shot everyone. Any who, I'm definitely transferring off my current realm but I've been toying with the idea of transferring back to the Horde. Why? Because it's pretty obvious that they do tend to win more random BGs which allows them to gear up faster which means getting a chance to do rated BGs sooner and allowing them to enter arenas quicker. But I really enjoy being a human because their racial is so helpful in PvP because it frees up a trinket slot. I also like their lore and while I'm not particularly fond of the way they look, their combat animations always make me jealous when playing a different race (which is why I tend to eat up a lot of Savory Deviant Delight).

If I do transfer back to the Horde, I intend on being a Blood Elf despite the fact that their racials aren't all that amazing. I don't know how many end up in the high rating teams but just as a heads up, I will be playing a mage, warlock, hunter & rogue until I can find a class that suits me. At which point, I'll get rid of the other three. But I digress; so I have to ask... should I stick it out with the Alliance? Or should I transfer back to the Horde so I don't spend an eternity gearing myself up? I don't know if you guys know this but to gear up a hunter in a full set of PvP gear takes about 30k Honor Points. Now if I'm earning less than a hundred per BG, how long do you think that's going to take me? If I earn roughly 80 Honor Points per loss, that's 375 random battleground matches I have to endure just for a basic set of PvP gear. Now imagine doing that for the Conquest gear.

So yeah... what do I do?
    Blood elves have a nice racial. Take a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    Blood elves have a nice racial. Take a closer look.
    I played a Blood Elf for years (Burning Crusade until a month into Cataclysm). By the way, please stay out of my thread. I don't need your ignorance tainting it as well.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atistic#21:153

Battleground win / losses are displayed on your statistics page, a bot could easily randomly sample several thousands of people and this data comes directly from blizzard, although, ironically statistics aren't super accurate (like my druids bgs won number -.-).

@op, alliance really doesn't do that bad. Looking at all 3 of my 85s they all have really close to a 50-50 w/l in every bg.
    (druid dk shaman)
    Last edited by TyloBedo; 2011-07-20 at 07:38 AM.

Nine times out of ten =/= 900%.
    If you lose 9x more than you win it is. Isn't that what you are claiming? That you lose 9x more than you win?

I digress, the 5% is only going to net you an additional win (on average) every 20 games, but as you are positing it would take you over 100 BG's just to win the same amount of matches the chart says you should win out of 20.

Side note: Back on the old forum, when you could check these kind of details, I checked ALL of my toons and they were all right around the 55% win ratio over thousands of BG's. I SERIOUSLY doubt you are losing anywhere near what you are claiming. (In fact, I remember a thread a guy started just like this one, yet when you checked his stats he was at about a 46% win ratio. Still pretty close to half if you ask me. Definitely not 1 out of 10.)

Some people. >.>

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atistic#21:153

Battleground win / losses are displayed on your statistics page, a bot could easily randomly sample several thousands of people and this data comes directly from blizzard, although, ironically statistics aren't super accurate (like my druids bgs played number -.-).

@op, alliance really doesn't do that bad. Looking at all 3 of my 85s they all have really close to a 50-50 w/l in every bg.
    (druid dk shaman)
    Ah, nice! I haven't spent much time on the new forum, (took a break when my son was born), but I see you can still check these things. I will check mine...brb.

How can something data mine EVERYTHING you do when you don't download anything, I guess these "people" put something on every server to see who wins what? it makes zero sense and I've spent ages doing bg's and to me it's pretty obvious and crystal clear that horde win ALOT more than alliance, and this absolute shit that some retard posted is hilarious, let me quote:

Seriously bro? do you really think 1 person can affect the outcome of every bg? I've come across some amazing pvpers farming bg's who outgear everyone yet even they can't help the team win because it's pretty hard for 1 individual to win a bg on his own and everytime I QQ about alliance failing people always come out with the same crap, maybe you suck, me suck? bg's are so easy that I'm always one of the top 3 alliance regardless of being dps or healing and the people saying I suck are the ones near the bottom with 0 kills and about 4 deaths with 300k dmg done when I'm on 13-0 with 1.5M dmg done, who sucks?

Tell you what, if 99% of the alliance scrubs were half as good as me (not that I'm pro) we would win alot more, so instead of using excuses and blaming a loss on 1 single person just suck it up and accept alliance fail, I also love when people come into a bg saying they have won 10 in a row yet lose horribly, is that also because of me, because after all me sucking is surely going to lose us a bg when it's 40 vs 40 right?

I've been doing bg's for years on both sides and as I said, to me horde are better and win more and the only reason I'm not horde is because I don't enjoy waiting 20 minutes for 1 bg while alliance is instant. I've done thousands of bg's on over a dozen different chars on different battlegroups and factions, also healing, dps and even prot, so I'm pretty sure I know who wins more and who doesn't.

Mage: played 915 won 450
    Pala: played 825 won 259
    Shaman: played 767 won 259
    Rogue: played 590 won 187
    DK: played 195 won 36
    War: played 595 won 205

This isn't counting the druid I used for years that I sold nor the lock I also used alot and sold nor is it counting other chars I've levelled and sold nor is it counting my mates chars I pvped alot on aswell, now tell me, are those stats equal? or wait, do I just suck even though I'm one of the better players in every bg, because bg's are hard right?

Another thing, people say alliance don't suck because they win 50% yet are playing in America, I mean what the fuck does that have to do with what we do on Europe? if a European comes and says alliance fail the yanks come and say no they don't because I win 50% of my bg's, yea and? you can't compare Europe with the US.

Oh and another thing, data mining, does that decide what bg's are played at 85? I doubt it, it somehow scans every feckin char on both factions and decides how many bg's they have won and lost? it even counts people that ain't 85 so it compares different brackets that mean piss all? data mining is the shiz init?
    Last edited by Naoto; 2011-07-20 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M a c t o View Post
    If you lose 9x more than you win it is. Isn't that what you are claiming? That you lose 9x more than you win?

I digress, the 5% is only going to net you an additional win (on average) every 20 games, but as you are positing it would take you over 100 BG's just to win the same amount of matches the chart says you should win out of 20.

Side note: Back on the old forum, when you could check these kind of details, I checked ALL of my toons and they were all right around the 55% win ratio over thousands of BG's. I SERIOUSLY doubt you are losing anywhere near what you are claiming. (In fact, I remember a thread a guy started just like this one, yet when you checked his stats he was at about a 46% win ratio. Still pretty close to half if you ask me. Definitely not 1 out of 10.)

Some people. >.>
    Oh yes, because clearly if you're winning a lot of random battleground matches that must mean I am too!

No. I'm afraid that's not how it works.

The accuracy of your information is debatable because if you transfer from the Alliance to the Horde or vice versa, it sticks with you. So if you have 1000 wins as a Gnome and you decide to be a Goblin, you'll still have those 1000 wins. Unless you can prove your character has always been on one faction?

Oh yes, because clearly if you're winning a lot of random battleground matches that must mean I am too!

No. I'm afraid that's not how it works.

The accuracy of your information is debatable because if you transfer from the Alliance to the Horde or vice versa, it sticks with you. So if you have 1000 wins as a Gnome and you decide to be a Goblin, you'll still have those 1000 wins. Unless you can prove your character has always been on one faction?
    Link your toon. Let's see how bad it is for you. If it's as bad as you say I will eat my words, and accept that your battleground has a bad set of Alliance players.

375 random battlegrounds matches isn't that long?
    I may be missing something here but where do you get 375 randomg battlegrounds from? After like 70 battlegrounds I had all of PvP gear available through honor.

Quote Originally Posted by M a c t o View Post
    Link your toon. Let's see how bad it is for you. If it's as bad as you say I will eat my words, and accept that your battleground has a bad set of Alliance players.
    I can either prove my point by posting my armory profile and get harassed by a bunch of socially-deprived, basement-dwellers or I can decline your request and deal with a few negative, antagonistic comments. I think I'll choose the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by brown View Post
    I may be missing something here but where do you get 375 randomg battlegrounds from? After like 70 battlegrounds I had all of PvP gear available through honor.
    Try actually reading the first post instead of skimming through the thread.

It isn't about numbers aswell, I've seen bg's where alliance have played pretty shit but still won because the horde didn't really bother to win they just want to kill and you only have to watch the alliance PVP to know the majority really fail, maybe it's hard to see when you're facerolling as a dps but when you're on a healing class and you're having to watch them and keep them alive then you realise just how shit they are, another thing is the fact alliance are short on healers while horde are full of them, I done AB yesterday and out of 15 players horde had 7 healers, now healers are feckin OP and always have been so 1 healer is a major pain in the ass, but 7?

The people that run bg's seem clueless when it comes to healers, they think they don't make a difference and even when horde are full of them they still think they don't affect the outcome of a bg when they clearly do, and the fact alliance can't be arsed either nuking or controlling healers whereas being an alliance healer the horde are like flies around shit and in a group of 10 people 9 times out of 10 they will focus on the healer, I've watched alliance nuke a dps who is being spammed and not once do they even target the healer letalone dps or cc it.

I don't care how often I win or lose because quite frankly I don't PVP to win, I PVP to kill people, but it's the way the alliance PVP that pisses me off, even if they played good and lost all the time I'd be happy with that, but to suck so bad and still lose often than they win is the issue here.

For people that say alliance don't fail, roll a healer and watch them for a few days in bg's and see if your opinion changes, if it doesn't you're obviously one of the lucky ones on a better battlegroup.