jaws of defeat and other trinket questions...

hello, holy priest here

picked up jaws of defeat today and i dont know how to use the trinket to its full potential.

i had 2 ideas about how to use it:
    1) pop trinket > roll renew on raid > profit
    2) pop trinket on CD (start the fight with it and spam my usual spells)

note that im not specced into the no GCD for renew since its against my religion.

my other trinket is tsunami and i was thinking about picking up fiery quintessence... i freaking hate on use trinkets but this patch seems to be full of it so i have to adjust.

spirit is not that big of a problem of mine. i also just got 2 pc tier 12 so regen should be much better(?)

so what do you guys think?

I posted an exact same thread 8 minutes ago. You are a fine chap, but perhaps try using search next time!.

Can we perhaps try to be a bit more eloquent and much less rude? ~ Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-07-21 at 01:01 PM. Reason: A touch of dazzle

haha oops i guess it took me 8 min to write that

dont really like the mechanic of that sort of trinket...

its obviously not worth spamming heals, just to profit from the trinket effect, but to overheal and waste mana...
    so its best used during a high dmg phase when you are chaincasting anyway.
    wether its better to use it on CD or on highdmgphases obviosly depends on the encounter.
    look at the encounter in advance, and work out if its worth it to wait, otherwise just use it on CD.

its would be a good idea to use renew when trinket is up, because it has the best effect on casts, that are are low cost anyway.
    but well, to outperform PoH for AoE healing, I guess you would have to skill rapid renewal, then you can think about it.
    but again, it depends on the situation/encounter whether using renew makes sense

I keep mine on CD, personally, mana saved is mana saved. I'm going to keep on my DM:C with it, none of the other trinkets are worth it, maybe pick up an FQ and swap it in and out with DM:C depending on fight, reforge some of the crit to haste or spirit if you need it.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-07-21 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Relevance removed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by holydoc View Post
    note that im not specced into the no GCD for renew since its against my religion.
    Huh what? 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    Huh what? 10char
    note that im not specced into rapid renewal as it is against my religion.*

ayooooo

Why do people hate on renew? =(

Renew + Inner will is sex leg to the max. Spam that shit all day long while running in circles. Mix with ProM and CoH for maximum effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Why do people hate on renew? =(

Renew + Inner will is sex leg to the max. Spam that shit all day long while running in circles. Mix with ProM and CoH for maximum effect.
    Nobody is hating on Renew, it has its uses. Rapid Renewal, however, is awful

Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    It's actually used by a lot of high-end priests this tier, it's not that awful. There's many many instances in heroics that some blanket renews are great and keeping you from being locked down & able to cast more is great too.

As for Jaws, it's kind of weak for holy. Your best bet is to not use it on CD just to use it and cast spells rather to use it when you are casting the most.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

how awesome would that be?
    if you have shard of woe and jaws of defeat!
    go'n skil rapid renewal, mental agility, go IW, activate jaws of defeat, and you will be spamming renew on the whole raid, every second, at about 1k manacost (which is about the mp5 I have). that would dish out some nice hps and hpm heal! :-)

The problem with jaws for holy is that your best spammable heal is poh, which has a pretty long cast time and thus doesn't make very good use of the effect. It's ok for renew spam, but if you are spamming that much renew you should probably just be using poh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    how awesome would that be?
    if you have shard of woe and jaws of defeat!
    go'n skil rapid renewal, mental agility, go IW, activate jaws of defeat, and you will be spamming renew on the whole raid, every second, at about 1k manacost (which is about the mp5 I have). that would dish out some nice hps and hpm heal! :-)
    I can say as disc, having both is pretty fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    Rapid renewal is great.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    its obviously not worth spamming heals, just to profit from the trinket effect, but to overheal and waste mana...
    so its best used during a high dmg phase when you are chaincasting anyway.
    wether its better to use it on CD or on highdmgphases obviosly depends on the encounter.
    look at the encounter in advance, and work out if its worth it to wait, otherwise just use it on CD.
    I'm having a hard time imagining a scenario where I would just not cast. If there isn't something for me to heal, we either brought too many healers or there's a massive spike period that we cannot compensate via cooldowns. If it's the latter, I generally find something to Smite.

Jaws of Defeat is a solid trinket that every Priest (and healer) that has access to it will be wearing.

im thinking about speccing into rapid renewal after i got this trinket.

i only use renews mainly on the tank atm but i guess i can start renew rolling again with jaws

i dont know though, im still iffy about all this still