Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Rune of Zeth- Shadow bolt macro

I'm having a bit trouble with macro Rune of Zeth with Shadow bolt.

The problem is when I press Shadow bolt to fast the trinket just wont go off.

This is how my macro looks right now. And it doesnt matter If i remove /use 10 it still dont work.

#showtooltip Shadow bolt
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /use 14
    /use 10
    /cast Shadow bolt
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Are you saying that the macro isn't activating the trinket at all, or too late for the Shadowbolt cast?

For macros like this, the server runs the /cast portion of the macro before it can recognize that you've gained the buff from the trinket. Demonology has the same problem if you macro in the Moonwell Chalice with Metamorphosis. You'll actually end up casting Metamorphosis before the server acknowledges your Blessing of the Moonwell buff, resulting in a Metamorphosis 'snapshot' that doesn't have the extra 1700 mastery.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2011-07-20 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    But how shall I macro it then? Or shall I macro the trinket to a non challening spell?

I'n a bit slow and tired today. And not that good with macros x)

Macro it to Demon Soul. Have the #showtooltip show the Rune of Zeth. Hit the macro on trinket cooldown, every other trinket pop you will use demon soul with it.

The trinket slots are 13 (top trinket) and 14 (bottom trinket).
    Try use:

#showtooltip Shadow bolt
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Shadow bolt

Quote Originally Posted by otinar View Post
    The trinket slots are 13 (top trinket) and 14 (bottom trinket).
    Try use:

#showtooltip Shadow bolt
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Shadow bolt
    Slot 10 is the engineering glove tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure engineering gloves share cd with all use trinkets so that's why it won't work

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Are you saying that the macro isn't activating the trinket at all, or too late for the Shadowbolt cast?

The macro is activating the trinket when I start of my rotation. And next time is off cd. If I want it to work I have to like stop in the rotation and press Shadowbolt slowy :I

I really want the trinket Macroed someway to a spell I use. Have tried Haunt/UA aswell but have the same problem there

To kushlol; It doesnt matter if I remove /use 10. It still doesnt work :I

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stridulent View Post
    Macro it to Demon Soul. Have the #showtooltip show the Rune of Zeth. Hit the macro on trinket cooldown, every other trinket pop you will use demon soul with it.
    This is what I was planning, but then I read:

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Pretty sure engineering gloves share cd with all use trinkets so that's why it won't work

So it won't work if that is active? What about the Lightweave Embroidery?

Quote Originally Posted by FrizzleMe View Post
    This is what I was planning, but then I read:

So it won't work if that is active? What about the Lightweave Embroidery?
    If you leave your /use 10 in with Shadowbolt and have your #showtooltip Rune of Zeth, the icon will go on cooldown for 10 seconds when /use 10 is cast. Having an addon such as OmniCC will also put numbers on icons for cooldowns, which works great.

Lightweave and other proc-based buffs have no effects on any other cooldowns but their own internal.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 10:30 AM ----------

The OP stated, "This is how my macro looks right now. And it doesnt matter If i remove /use 10 it still don't work."

10+ Year Old Account
    If you leave your /use 10 in with Shadowbolt and have your #showtooltip Rune of Zeth, the icon will go on cooldown for 10 seconds when /use 10 is cast. Having an addon such as OmniCC will also put numbers on icons for cooldowns, which works great.

Lightweave and other proc-based buffs have no effects on any other cooldowns but their own internal.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 10:30 AM ----------

The OP stated, "This is how my macro looks right now. And it doesnt matter If i remove /use 10 it still don't work."

^^ exactly so if his engineering gloves are indeed in the macro it most definitely will always not work. Meaning he needs to keep the /use10 out of the macro and then adjust it accoridingly.

Also why in the world would you want to auto use your trinket on shadowbolt casts. that is incredibly stupid, if you want the most out of it you would keybind it and use it according to the situation.
    Last edited by kushlol; 2011-07-20 at 04:01 PM.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    ^^ exactly so if his engineering gloves are indeed in the macro it most definitely will always not work. Meaning he needs to keep the /use10 out of the macro and then adjust it accoridingly.

Also why in the world would you want to auto use your trinket on shadowbolt casts. that is incredibly stupid, if you want the most out of it you would keybind it and use it according to the situation.
    From a single target fight I cant really see how I can get more out of it. Since it always get used with every second demon soul.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaata View Post
    I'm having a bit trouble with macro Rune of Zeth with Shadow bolt.

The problem is when I press Shadow bolt to fast the trinket just wont go off.

This is how my macro looks right now. And it doesnt matter If i remove /use 10 it still dont work.

#showtooltip Shadow bolt
    /use 14
    /use 10
    /cast Shadow bolt

i'm gonna say this cause it needs to be said

macroing CD's to another ability is a bad idea and will not make you a good player
    when you do this you don't pay attention to the best times to use the trinket/CD and don't get as much as you can from it
    with this macro you could use your CD right before a down time in the fight (movement, phase transition)

you are always better off activating the CD yourself

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    i'm gonna say this cause it needs to be said

macroing CD's to another ability is a bad idea and will not make you a good player
    when you do this you don't pay attention to the best times to use the trinket/CD and don't get as much as you can from it
    with this macro you could use your CD right before a down time in the fight (movement, phase transition)

you are always better off activating the CD yourself
    Basically what I was saying, although I do see it fine to macro in your engineering tinker as you can only use it or an on-use trinket at a certain time, not both. Therefore, the on-use trinket is obviously a better choice to use with Dark Intent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post

For macros like this, the server runs the /cast portion of the macro before it can recognize that you've gained the buff from the trinket. Demonology has the same problem if you macro in the Moonwell Chalice with Metamorphosis. You'll actually end up casting Metamorphosis before the server acknowledges your Blessing of the Moonwell buff, resulting in a Metamorphosis 'snapshot' that doesn't have the extra 1700 mastery.
    Seriously? lame, now i have to fix my macros
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I heard that it helps to change it to "/cast !Shadow Bolt", it seems to work better for me. You should bind all your cooldowns (i.e. Demon Soul, Rune of Zeth, Engineering Gloves - in that order) to 1 separate keybind as well though. You've nothing to lose even if you do only use it once or twice and you will find you begin to use it more and more, which is the best idea. You're never going to want to use this macro for anything but DOTs hence why you can add Demon Soul, and of course since Engi Gloves share an internal cooldown with Rune of Zeth, there is no harm having that in the bind as well.
    Last edited by The Trunk Munky; 2011-07-21 at 01:27 AM.

Unsure if the answers above have answered the question, but from my reading - it sounds like you are spamming the macro fast enough to cause the problem, rather than the cross-cooldown between engineering gloves and trinkets?

WoW has problems recognising macros with multiple lines when pressed very fast in general -
    Hunters using G15 for shot rotations would know what I mean there I think (At least my guildies did in tbc) - and I have similiar problems mousewheeling cooldown+gcd triggering abilities too fast.

Best bet is either having a dedicated cooldown button, or putting them on an ability you would use prior to the ability you wish to amplify.

ive noticed in my macro's (mainly w/ demon soul and meta) that when spamming a spell, i.e. shadow bolt, the spells queue up ignoring any /use or other /cast in the macro. the best way i found to avoid this when meta and/or demon soul is up to let shadow bolt fully complete the cast, then hit the shadow bolt button again to activate meta and/or demon soul. so the problem lies in the spell queuing and im not sure if there is anything u can do to fix this. maybe others will have a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Gades View Post
    ive noticed in my macro's (mainly w/ demon soul and meta) that when spamming a spell, i.e. shadow bolt, the spells queue up ignoring any /use or other /cast in the macro. the best way i found to avoid this when meta and/or demon soul is up to let shadow bolt fully complete the cast, then hit the shadow bolt button again to activate meta and/or demon soul. so the problem lies in the spell queuing and im not sure if there is anything u can do to fix this. maybe others will have a solution.
    Never seen that, but I'm the kind of player that likes a more fluid playstyle of depressing the key once as I hit the lag threshold of quartz instead of mashing buttons as fast as I can. I suppose I can see how that could royally fuck stuff up with the spell queuing. I'd suggest setting your lag tolerance to 0 to turn off any spell queuing.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2011-07-21 at 12:34 PM.

How smart would that be since RoZ got 1min cd and Demon Soul´s cd is 2min?
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 S-1155 | Intel Core I7 3770K 3.5GHZ (@ 4.3Ghz) | Asus GeForce GTX670 DC2 2GD5 2GB | Corsair 32GB DDR3 Vengeance Quad 1866MHZ CL10 (4X8GB)
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W | NZXT Miditower Phantom 410 ATX Gunmetal | 3DMARK Vantage: P34120