Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Its better to macro it with demon soul like a poster above suggested, especially if you're demo or aff.

You'll have a permanently supercharged +1277int BoD for the whole fight and every alternate BoD will be buffed by Demon Soul which will increase your dps by a fair bit.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stridulent View Post
    Macro it to Demon Soul. Have the #showtooltip show the Rune of Zeth. Hit the macro on trinket cooldown, every other trinket pop you will use demon soul with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strych View Post
    How smart would that be since RoZ got 1min cd and Demon Soul´s cd is 2min?

the #showtooltip "lowest CD" will always show when that CD is off since RoZ has a 1 minute CD every second one will be timed with 2 min CD's

if you don't really know what you are talking about try not acting smart about it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    the #showtooltip "lowest CD" will always show when that CD is off since RoZ has a 1 minute CD every second one will be timed with 2 min CD's
    In addition to this, wouldn't it be smart to also Macro it into BoD? It won't have any issues activating if it's instant.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post

if you don't really know what you are talking about try not acting smart about it
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursey View Post
    In addition to this, wouldn't it be smart to also Macro it into BoD? It won't have any issues activating if it's instant.

Yes, and no. There are some aoe fights, whether it be trash or on a boss, where it would be better to use your cooldowns for the aoe portion. Sometimes you don't even cast BoD if there is no high-health target.

As warlock especially, I believe it is best to have your cooldowns in a macro by themselves and not integrated into casting a spell. If you want to maximize your DPS as a warlock, it requires you to be conscious of all your buffs (whether they are proc or self cast) so that you can stack them together and refresh dots, etc, at the right time.

For instance, at the start of every fight I don't use my rune of zeth + demon soul until power torrent + lightweave + DMC:V have all proc'd. Having all these together + RoZ + Demon Soul is a huge increase in DPS.

I am using
    Code:
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /use [mod:alt] Rune of Zeth
    /use [mod:alt] Demon Soul
    /use [mod:alt] Blood Fury
    /use [@focus,mod:shift][] Haunt

and monitoring Demon Soul's and Rune of Zeth's cooldowns.

15+ Year Old Account
    Neeevermind, cleary not playing enough destro here
    Last edited by kosuko; 2011-07-22 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    When opening you will want to:
    As affliction, cast demon soul AFTER haunt yet i believe that you will want your rune of zeth to be active on the haunt cast.
    As destro, you'll want to cast demon soul after opening with bane of doom, yet you'll definatly want your rune of zeth activated on that spell.

So macroíng it to demonsoul isn't that great of an idea.

Why would Rune of Zeth need to be up for your 1st Haunt? It doesn't have a higher DPCT than Shadow Bolt. Assuming you want to have DS up for Immolate etc but not BoD you would have to cast BoD before Immolate, which decreases uptime of Immolate and seems pretty daft to me.

The Ideal opener for Affliction CDs included is:

Shadow Bolt (pre-cast) -> Haunt -> Demon Soul + Rune of Zeth -> Corruption -> Unstable Affliction -> Shadowflame -> Shadow Bolt until DMC procs and Power Torrent (which is normally 0-2) -> BoD

and for Destro:

Soul Fire (pre-cast) -> Demon Soul + Rune of Zeth -> Immolate -> BoD -> Conflagrate -> Corruption -> Shadowflame -> Chaos Bolt -> Incinerate

~45 seconds later you will refresh BoD early with Power Torrent and DMC up (the alternative is to wait for it to just fall off and refresh with Rune of Zeth only up, which is worth less damage) and this will throw off the 2 synchronising so it won't be a problem that BoD lasts 1 minute and RoZ has a 1 minute cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account
    For some reason i thought doom had priority of immolate silly mistake..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strych View Post
    How smart would that be since RoZ got 1min cd and Demon Soul´s cd is 2min?
    It used to be 2 min CD