Thread: Lord Rhy Tips

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    my best tip is to assign dpsers, and have the rest focus only on legs. else you will find it hard to turn him when suddenly every player with an aoe switch to aeo fragments for 5-6seconds at a critical moment.
    3-4 ppl should be enough to aoe fragments, and 3-4 range dps on spark.
    the rest of teh dps should be on legs only. that way it will be easier to turn him since you are always the same amount of dpers on teh legs. lets you not be spurised by a to swift or to slow turn and so on. assigning dpsers for when you want the boss to go straight could be a good idea aswell.

experiment some on how many aoe u need for fragments and how many u need on spark. there is noned for fragments to die in 10sec. 20sec is enough (they explode at 30). and you dont want the spark ever to get more then 10stacks preferebly he will die around 7-8.

p2 is a mess, im myslef actually not sure wether spreading or bunching up is teh best. (spreading =lessdmg but aso less efficent healing..) but its pretty mucha hero and burn phase.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2011-07-21 at 04:53 PM.

Overview

At the start of the fight we have all dps start out on the left leg then shortly after the first stop everyone switches to the right to give the boss a pathway that generally leads to crushing all initial volcanoes without creating the need for a harsh initial turn. Our raid then splits into two groups, the Leg group which roams around directing the boss, and our Add group which positions just on the edge of the island where we entered. When the boss reaches about 40-45% we start positioning for Phase two Bringing the Boss close to the entry point where our add group is positioned. At 35% have our group stacked together (with the tank facing the boss away) for phase two and we pop hero and have the entire raid switch from adds to legs which quickly pushes him below 25% with momentum to drop him as everyone is already full swing into their rotation.

DPS Breakdown

Legs: (Ret,Arcane,Destro)
    As leg we utilize cooldowns to make sharp turns and not just simply to destroy the boss. Knocking out volcanos is the main objective. Our group uses three very logical raiders for this task who constantly direct the boss as a team, we all make calls when we see something the others might not see. In addition, we have the Lock and Mage macro whisper the Ret paladin with one frequently used ability as he has the best perspective on the direction of the boss. Both feet have raid markers so that the Ret Paladin can make judgement calls in adjusting the dps distribution on the legs

Example Macro:
    #showtooltip Arcane Blast
    /w Ex %t
    /cast Arcane Blast

Adds: (Survival,Survival,Arcane,Prot Pally).
    We keep our Add dps spread until his Obsidian Armor is gone or nearly gone, at which point our arcane mage that was formerly on adds will switch between the boss and the big single add being sure to prioritize the latter. Our hunters rotate misdirects for each add or pack of adds to our prot pally.

Healing Breakdown

Phase 1:
    We put our Disc Priest and Resto druid in the add group while our Resto Shaman runs around healing the leg group. Healing in this fight is very manageable until phase two as long as people are not getting hit by the lava from craters.

Phase 2:
    Long before phase two starts we are already getting in position. Our disc priest is marked and everyone stacks on him, he drops a Barrier, our shaman drops a Spirit Link Totem and our Druid Pops Tranquility. And hope for the best

I hope this provides a little more insight on the specifics of the fight. And perhaps you can utilize this with some adjustments on your strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by -ex- View Post
    Overview

At the start of the fight we have all dps start out on the left leg then shortly after the first stop everyone switches to the right to give the boss a pathway that generally leads to crushing all initial volcanoes without creating the need for a harsh initial turn. Our raid then splits into two groups, the Leg group which roams around directing the boss, and our Add group which positions just on the edge of the island where we entered. When the boss reaches about 40-45% we start positioning for Phase two Bringing the Boss close to the entry point where our add group is positioned. At 35% have our group stacked together (with the tank facing the boss away) for phase two and we pop hero and have the entire raid switch from adds to legs which quickly pushes him below 25% with momentum to drop him as everyone is already full swing into their rotation.

DPS Breakdown

Legs: (Ret,Arcane,Destro)
    As leg we utilize cooldowns to make sharp turns and not just simply to destroy the boss. Knocking out volcanos is the main objective. Our group uses three very logical raiders for this task who constantly direct the boss as a team, we all make calls when we see something the others might not see. In addition, we have the Lock and Mage macro whisper the Ret paladin with one frequently used ability as he has the best perspective on the direction of the boss. Both feet have raid markers so that the Ret Paladin can make judgement calls in adjusting the dps distribution on the legs

Example Macro:
    #showtooltip Arcane Blast
    /w Ex %t
    /cast Arcane Blast

Adds: (Survival,Survival,Arcane,Prot Pally).
    We keep our Add dps spread until his Obsidian Armor is gone or nearly gone, at which point our arcane mage that was formerly on adds will switch between the boss and the big single add being sure to prioritize the latter. Our hunters rotate misdirects for each add or pack of adds to our prot pally.

Healing Breakdown

Phase 1:
    We put our Disc Priest and Resto druid in the add group while our Resto Shaman runs around healing the leg group. Healing in this fight is very manageable until phase two as long as people are not getting hit by the lava from craters.

Phase 2:
    Long before phase two starts we are already getting in position. Our disc priest is marked and everyone stacks on him, he drops a Barrier, our shaman drops a Spirit Link Totem and our Druid Pops Tranquility. And hope for the best

I hope this provides a little more insight on the specifics of the fight. And perhaps you can utilize this with some adjustments on your strategy.
    Awesome post Ex we'll give it a shot, I was pondering if a spriest and myself(prot war) could dps down fragments by ourself, we may try that or add one other ranged dps.

Thanks!

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luizofoca View Post
    maybe is this soft enrage i will look today for the time we were taking.
    we tryed yesterday with a warrior tank
    frost dk (me) ret pally and a shadow priest on legs.
    druid resto, shaman resto, and priest disc as healers
    hunter marks, mage arcane and warlock destro on adds.

me and ret pally are offspecs but with 362 gear at least.
    Definitely check how long it takes to get into P2 and when you hit the 7 minute mark and he starts gaining stacks of superheated it will be announced via emote or whatever so you can see when that begins to happen.

It looks like you have more dps on the adds than you would need. Between the tank's damage, the hunter, and the warlock they should be able to get down the adds within the 30 seconds before they start doing their charge damage. That would free up your arcane mage to be on the legs as well. He'll need to be careful not to screw up the driving of your melee but as long as he can watch the % and switch between legs it will work out well. Then have all ranged dps switch to dps the spark when it is up so it dies quickly and then move back to their normal jobs dps'ing the legs. Arcane mages are good to have on the legs anyway because we can always burn out a few 4 stack ABs to help turn quickly when needed.

The other thing that could be contributing to a longer P1 is how well you drive him to hit the active volcanoes. If you find yourself having a lot of active volcanoes on the far side of the island then keep in mind that is not bad RNG, that means that you are stomping too many inactive volcanoes around where Rhyolith currently is. He will prefer to make closer volcanoes active but only if he has closer options. So after you stomp an active volcano try to steer him in a way so that he's around the middle of the island (making it not far to any volcano) or if you have to move towards a volcano or two aim him to the side of them so that you don't stomp them before he activates one, then when he does make one active you just spin him and stomp it.

We haven't had a priest on our roster since mid-T11 so I'm not familiar with what specs are best for what fight, but it seems that this fight may be a better holy fight than disc given the AoE nature of much of the healing so if he has a holy off-spec that may help in P2. As your current set-up stands I'd probably do a healer CD rotation like this: first, stack together so you can take advantage of AoE heals - Power Word: Barrier the first stomp, use Tranq to help heal everyone up, then Spirit Link Totem the 2nd stomp, and heal like crazy after that. If you get a third stomp you are probably in trouble. Have your dps use their personal CDs (Iceblock, Bubble, etc) on the first stomp to minimize the healing needed to get people topped up for the 2nd stomp. The first stomp will always be the weakest so if you get into P2 a few times and realize that you just can't kill him before the 3rd stomp then you'd probably need to use no CDs (except personal ones) on the first stomp, then tranq to heal up, then PW:B, heal like crazy, and totem for the 3rd stomp. But I'm pretty sure that phase is supposed to be short enough that you don't get 3 stomps.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for all the info.
    We managed to bring him down yesterday after like more 2 hours of attempts.
    its was like 3 seconds to the superheat,

Grats Luiz, hopefully my group has similar luck on Monday

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

we have 1 tank tanking, 3 dps on the legs at all times. 1 guy is steering him by yelling on vent where to dps.
    rest is just nuking adds. thats about it
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI