Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmmm, i'm always on the fence with cell shading graphics. Just looks a bit too complicated and in your face than the simple (yet effective) design of SSFIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Does anyone know if the Ultimate version will include the DLC characters/content that the original had? That was pretty much my main reason for waiting to get MvC3 since I knew like most games a better version would come out with all the DLC/tweaks/extra content.

Also B.B. Hood better be one of the new characters.

Darkstalkers totally slipped my mind!

WTB Lord Raptor, Donovan, Talbain, Q-Bee! etc.. etc..

I want venom/carnage

Super Awesome Character update and Pre-Order bonuses added to first post!
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Jill and Shumna-Gorath be in this version on the disk or will they still be DLC content?

Will Jill and Shumna-Gorath be in this version on the disk or will they still be DLC content?
    I'm not quite sure. The UMvC3 disc will be stand-alone, so I suppose they COULD be included.

I would presume that previous DLC characters will be included. Shame on Capcom for selling 'DLC' characters that are on the game disk, though.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Also some of those new characters are questionable. Where the hell Is Mega man, Venom, Ken, Guile?
    I heard Capcom wanted to make Megaman X fit in as DLC, this is as good a chance as any. In order for Megaman to be a decent character though he has to be seriously reworked IMO. I'm also skeptical of that list of leaked characters, but we'll see. Dr. Strange would be badass, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    I want the real bionic commando.. or better yet CAPTAIN COMMANDO!

I don't know I'm tired of this.. Super __________ then a few months later Super mega _______________!

Just give me new characters and tweak the balance like you should be doing anyways..
    Capcom is not your company then. Also, what do you mean the real Bionic Commando? It was always Nathan Spencer, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAlaska
    I would presume that previous DLC characters will be included. Shame on Capcom for selling 'DLC' characters that are on the game disk, though.
    In the trailer, they are still flagged as DLC. Like I said, I really don't know right now lol

I heard Capcom wanted to make Megaman X fit in as DLC, this is as good a chance as any. In order for Megaman to be a decent character though he has to be seriously reworked IMO. I'm also skeptical of that list of leaked characters, but we'll see. Dr. Strange would be badass, I think.
    The list was taken from Capcom's site. From doing a simple website source inspection, you can find all 12 pictures on the domain with the appropriate URLs, just not actually published yet.

Capcom is not your company then. Also, what do you mean the real Bionic Commando? It was always Nathan Spencer, wasn't it?
    I think he means the original Bionic Commando, and not the reboot. I kind of agree. I still play the hell out of the first one, but that new one sucked pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    The list was taken from Capcom's site. From doing a simple website source inspection, you can find all 12 pictures on the domain with the appropriate URLs, just not actually published yet. I think he means the original Bionic Commando, and not the reboot. I kind of agree. I still play the hell out of the first one, but that new one sucked pretty bad.
    Ahh, I'm abroad right now so I can't really look at it at the moment. What was the difference between Spencers, really? The costume? I agree that his older one was cooler but it seems like it'd be pretty much the same character.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a stream yesterday at Comic Con, here is what I remember:

- Some character got new colors
    - Wolverine was overnerfed (too slow in general), his only problem was Berserker Slash
    - Wesker HP nerfed, it's fair
    - DHC glitch is gone
    - Exchange glitch is gone
    - Magneto seems slower, also fair
    - Strider seems to be the new #1 character
    - Ryu movements now are chargeable. A charged Hadouken is invisible and I think it wall bounces, I'm not sure about the extra effects in a charged Shoryuken
    - Phoenix now can only use 1 fireball per jump/superjump
    - The dark scenario where you couldn't see dark characters is gone
    - Akuma's tatsu assist doesn't knockdown anymore
    - Dormammu's Flame Carpet pushes the opponent away, so it's not a viable OTG anymore.
    - She Hulks slide is slower and has less range
    - Arthur can throw 3 spears in a row
    - Zero lvl 3 buster now causes a soft knockdown
    - According to EG.fLoE, the magic pixel is gone
    - According to EG.fLoE, X Factor wasn't nerfed enough
    - Rumors of Chris' Shotgun shot being buffed, but I have no idea
    Last edited by Hraklea; 2011-07-21 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    There was a stream yesterday at Comic Con, here is what I remember:

- Some character got new colors
    - Wolverine was overnerfed (too slow in general), his only problem was Berserker Slash
    - Wesker HP nerfed, it's fair
    - DHC glitch is gone
    - Exchange glitch is gone
    - Magneto seems slower, also fair
    - Strider seems to be the new #1 character
    - Ryu movements now are chargeable. A charged Hadouken is invisible and I think it wall bounces, I'm not sure about the extra effects in a charged Shoryuken
    - Phoenix now can only use 1 fireball per jump/superjump
    - The dark scenario where you couldn't see dark characters is gone
    - Akuma's tatsu assist doesn't knockdown anymore
    - Dormammu's Flame Carpet pushes the opponent away, so it's not a viable OTG anymore.
    - She Hulks slide is slower and has less range
    - Arthur can throw 3 spears in a row
    - Zero lvl 3 buster now causes a soft knockdown
    - According to EG.fLoE, the magic pixel is gone
    - According to EG.fLoE, X Factor wasn't nerfed enough
    - Rumors of Chris' Shotgun shot being buffed, but I have no idea

Now I HAVE to get this new addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post

Now I HAVE to get this new addition.
    Yeah, I remember reading the write up by fLoE earlier. It seems pretty legit.

OT: I'm super damn happy fLoE got signed with EG. He seems really nice, and is a fantastic AE and MvC3 player.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Underskilled

I'm glad to know that I was wrong when I said that Capcom wouldn't remove the DHC.

I would definitely buy it IF it was on PC. Capcom was on the right direction by releasing AE on PC. Please don't take a step backwards again.

Deleted
    It's just another fighting game, I'd rather pick up my old Dead or Alive game up...after all these years it is still one off the best looking games with a simple fighting style with laserbeams who knows what crap they can fire in the games these days. :P

Not saying it will be a bad game, it's just nothing that special.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I would definitely buy it IF it was on PC. Capcom was on the right direction by releasing AE on PC. Please don't take a step backwards again.
    I think the biggest reason why they didn't release it on PC was none of the games in the "VS" series (X Men vs Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, etc.) were released on PC, and a few of them never made it to consoles. The Street Fighter series has been PC since Super Street Fighter II Turbo. Its only common sense that they would steadily release a few games here and there on PC. I'm extremely sad that SFA3, 3S, and Gem Fighter never saw proper PC releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    It's just another fighting game, I'd rather pick up my old Dead or Alive game up...after all these years it is still one off the best looking games with a simple fighting style with laserbeams who knows what crap they can fire in the games these days. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Not saying it will be a bad game, it's just nothing that special.

The biggest issue with Dead or Alive is that its never been bad, but its also never been competitively
    good. I'm not saying all of this to bash DoA, or anything like that. I found DoA 2 to be extremely fun, but I personally didn't like that the engine restricts the player to very simple BnB combos. It feels like its striving to be Tekken, but falls short in a few places. Now, I can't stand Tekken these days, but I am drooling over Tekken Tag Tournament 2. The original Tekken Tag Tournament is still one of the best 3D fighting games of all time, and I'm hoping the TTT2 will take it's spot.

I can agree that MvC3, at the moment, is rather lackluster. The absence of many common sense features (*COUGH*SPECTATOR MODE*COUGH*) already has enough people pissed off. Not to mention that the game just doesn't feel like a good sequel to MvC2. I'm still an MvC2 addict, and I spend at least one hour in training mode per day just to keep my skills up. I suppose we're all hoping that UMvC3 will pump more of that MvC2 feeling into the game.

I can only hope that they'll remove X-Factor...
    Last edited by Kankuri; 2011-07-22 at 12:24 AM.

So, a lot has been released about UMvC3 now, apparently the ideal release date the want is around November.

Found a few trailers of some of the new characters.

Firebrand trailer

Strider Trailer

Ghost Rider Trailer

Hawkeye Trailer

I'm not going to lie, Firebrand looks fucking awesome. I'm already a huge fan of the Ghouls n' Ghosts and Gargoyle's Quest games, Arthur is cool, but he's so spammy, Firebrand looks just insane.
    Last edited by Underskilled; 2011-08-15 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    My decision to hold off on buying this just got a whole lot better
    Same. I wasn't going to buy it till Phoenix Wright came in.

I never thought I'd see the day though, honestly.

Phoenix Wright is actually gonna be kicking ass! It's a dream come true. I'll be getting this on day one, JUST for him. Well, I also like Dante. Those are the only two characters I know from other games, but damn I love Phoenix Wright.