Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    It's worth it in the long run if you do it right, but I warn you: your damage for everything outside of the burn phase will be laughably awful. Like "are you even at your keyboard trying, the fuck are you doing" awful. Every thing in that fight that isn't the burn phase works against Demo.

I have done it as both Aff and Demo and while I can't perform as well with the suboptimal dual dotting, there is no noticeable difference when playing demo on it for me.

Then you're doing something wrong as Affliction on that fight, because outside of the burn phase it should be easily winning out against Demo

Been Affl for every fight. As for 10-man, don't know the differences, but Jinx is huge for just about every encounter that has multiple adds (exp running without a moonkin) and if you can get it on Beth during the pull. A Soulburn: SoC does wonders for helping whoever is soloing the spiderlings down, but really all specs seem to be fine.

Deleted
    It's worth it in the long run if you do it right, but I warn you: your damage for everything outside of the burn phase will be laughably awful. Like "are you even at your keyboard trying, the fuck are you doing" awful. Every thing in that fight that isn't the burn phase works against Demo.
    Ok, did the fight again with several trys as demo. My overall dps improved but everything besides the nuke phase sux big time. In the end i had to respec to destro cause the meteors didnt work out like they should.

Also big problem is, that the burn phase is way to short, i had my doomguad just standing there doing nothing after alys went up again. Next time i'll try affli like i did in normal mode.

Btw. its so..... to be on meteor slowing duty, need a huntard.

Affliction is the best unless you're on Spiderling duty (which you shouldn't be). You should have a Hunter handling Spiderlings and you should be Affliction to blanket the entire encounter with DoTs. I handle Drones and Spinners just fine and Afflic is good single target too for P2. I haven't downed HC Beth yet (closest was 15%) but we're ironing out the kinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo performs better on every fight from what I've seen.
    P.S. I'm very biased.
    Last edited by kushlol; 2011-07-22 at 06:27 AM.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    demo for all cept domo
    Out of experience, it's rather the EXACT other way arround.

Affliction on all fights except Beth, destro for beth. Do a BoH-pull and AoE stunn the spiderlings, might also want to take the chance on stunn when you do RoF-talent, dont remember the name. For the rest of the fight burn down the drones and hanging spiders. In executephase, CoE beth and burn her down! That fight has destro written all over it.

Trying this fight (HC Beth) soon. Is it possible to solo a cave on 25 man as demo AFTER the first drone spawns? If so, any tips? And your item level please.

If you can do that and soak your side's worth of banelings by yourself, I will tip my hat to you good sir.

If you have any hunters in your raid, get them to do it. Soooo much better handled by them than you

2 hunters currently, so there is a 3rd side open. However I think it will be managed by a frost dk. Much better slows than us anyways, and they don't have to kill themselves for AoE.

Why is that?
    If you have the moonwell chalice trinket then demo for all because the trinket is that good. Assuming you are as competent at demo as you are as affl/destro.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    demo for all cept domo
    I'm not certain of that honestly, I find myself moving quite a lot on domo. Lots of back and forth... I dont feel like its a *bad* fight for demo, but I think particularly on heroic affliction will pull ahead of it because you'll be spending a lot less time in melee range and even more time moving.

Thanks Sokogeka<3