Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The future of Algalon?

So, this question is around in my mind since a few days.
    What is Algalon doing now after he got defeated? I don't think he will travel across the cosmos anymore to observe worlds for the Pantheon.
    I don't know why this sentence isn't on wowpedia (or Iam just blind?) but after you defeat him he say someting like that he can't trust his own calculations anymore.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2MwblTnb-g - go to 4:15 and listen. I know that this are ptr soundfiles and I defeat him ingame a long time ago, so iam not 100% sure that they exactly in the game like on the ptr, but why should Blizzard remove something from this great dialogue?)

And after you defeat him, he's confused about everything. That the titans creaturs can be so flawed.

So what do you think he's doing no? Sitting around in a far edge of the universe and think about what he has done in the past? Got insane and mad like others before him? Or just doing the job again he was made for? Or maybe doing nothing anymore till the end of time?

Iam curious about what you think.

In my opinion he will may think about his past....and this can take a long time...maybe forever.
    Last edited by Feluna; 2011-07-20 at 07:30 AM.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five man normal dungeon lies in his future.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as he's confused and disoriented, I want him to go on a celestial killing spree, turn into like a hitman. Anyone seen Get Carter? When the guy becomes a hitman and gets involved in organised crime? What I'm hoping is that he becomes a hitman for the titans, no longer wants to make sense of something, just forcibly destroy it. In the fight against Deathwing, if there is any sort of Titan intervention, Algalon should show up. If not now, if there is ever a fight against an insane titan or an insane spawn of the titans, he should help out.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    You just made my day, and for that, I love you.

OT; I think he's nothing to Blizzard anymore, in all fairness, sure from a sensible point of view he should be doing something, but then alot of bosses/NPC's could be doing the same. Such as Tirion, the hell is he doing now a days?

He's beaten the Lich King, he has nothing better to do, so he sits in a vest and boxers with a can of beer on the sofa watching T.V all day.

Pathaleon the Calculator will help him out with his calculations

Deleted
    I thought Algalon was basically just a computer program, designed as a failsafe should azeroth be corrupted, basically a virus checker. I think hes just sitting in the mainframe now, regularly popping up to remind the users that he requires renewal.

Deleted
    He because the Marvel's Watcher.

lol dear god i laughed
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Algalon is in most players' top-5 favourite bosses list. They'd be stupid to not use him for some other purpose than to get facerolled in Ulduar in the future. Though if they start "lol revamping old content", people might not like it either. :P But perhaps not as a enemy this time..

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Seeing as he's confused and disoriented, I want him to go on a celestial killing spree, turn into like a hitman. Anyone seen Get Carter? When the guy becomes a hitman and gets involved in organised crime? What I'm hoping is that he becomes a hitman for the titans, no longer wants to make sense of something, just forcibly destroy it. In the fight against Deathwing, if there is any sort of Titan intervention, Algalon should show up. If not now, if there is ever a fight against an insane titan or an insane spawn of the titans, he should help out.
    I don't mean to sound like a dumbass, but where is the Titan intervention mentioned in lore?

Deleted
    Awesome boss, but I hope they leave him alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably MC,trying to get eye of sulfuras >_>
    I hope they he gets very angry with the titans, and tries to fight them. Could be a nice 5man dungeon or a raid in a future expansion.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    I thought Algalon was basically just a computer program, designed as a failsafe should azeroth be corrupted, basically a virus checker. I think hes just sitting in the mainframe now, regularly popping up to remind the users that he requires renewal.
    I highly doubt it. When you defeat him, his dialouge seems to suggest he has developed emotions, if possible. He seemed very angry for a few seconds when he said "I.... HAVE... FELT.... NOTHING!" But had a very calm voice for the rest of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was about to make a joke about why Algalon didn't just say to hell with it when Deathwing broke Azeroth. Then something off-topic occurred to me. The Titans and Algalon wanted to use the Uldum superweapon to re-originate the world, cleansing the Old God's corruption. Deathwing and the Old Gods wanted to use the weapon to destroy all life on Azeroth. There seems to be a bit of a lore plot-hole here. Is the weapon bad for the Old Gods or does it it play into their hands?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    He's much more than that. The first thing he say if you enter the room is "Trans-location complete. Commencing planetary analysis of Azeroth" He observe the worlds the Titans create. And if a message come from any of this worlds, he goes there and look if everything is right and then do what he must. I send the Pantheon a message with "All is ok" or "You need to re-originate this planet" And after this he leave the planet and goes on the the next.
    Till the day he was going to observe Azeroth.
    Last edited by Feluna; 2011-07-20 at 08:32 AM.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect during the next maintenance day he'll pop up with Linken and Mankrik in Sethria's Roost. "How did I get here?" Oh well, DIE ELEMENTAL SCUM."

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I was about to make a joke about why Algalon didn't just say to hell with it when Deathwing broke Azeroth. Then something off-topic occurred to me. The Titans and Algalon wanted to use the Uldum superweapon to re-originate the world, cleansing the Old God's corruption. Deathwing and the Old Gods wanted to use the weapon to destroy all life on Azeroth. There seems to be a bit of a lore plot-hole here. Is the weapon bad for the Old Gods or does it it play into their hands?
    See ive wondered about this aswell. If the HoO had actually originated the planet then i think the old gods would of be cleansed aswell( although not sure if it would just return them to the original state where they kind of roamed free?) Anyway it wasn't used and the old gods still exist so as you said was it their plan for it never to be used at all or actually to be used to benefit them in some way?
    http://darkened.wowstead.com/ <Darkened> Burning Steppes EU Currently Recruiting for Firelands.
    Part Time DK

LMAO! I'd like to see blizzard renew Ulduar . It's such a amazing raid.

The way I have understood it from the warcraft Special comic, after the events at Ulduar Algalon is trying to expand his knowledge of mortals by opserving their behaviour.
    of course this is only a theory.

Ulduar was merely a setback!
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Maybe he will start questioning and losing faith like someone else we know and joint the burning legion.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.