Thread: Who is Athene?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Who is Athene?

Can someone please give me a brief bio on who Athene is and why is he so famous?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

He is the self-procalimed World's Best Paladin.

A troll who makes Youtube videos.

edit: Did you try using the search function? There are literally hundreds of posts on this forum which could have answered your question.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-07-20 at 09:26 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    He's the best gamer in the world.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    hes best paladin ever

10+ Year Old Account
    He is an idiot who make's stupid youtube videos which I find hard to watch...

Only watched one and found it painfull as he just spouts a load of crap...
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Deleted
    Who now? Never heard of this person (serious)
    >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Best gamer in the world... duh...

He was the world first level 80 and world first 85, maybe even world first 70, can't remember.
    He makes youtube videos and he's the best paladin in the world (troll).

10+ Year Old Account
    1 word....amazing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    He is an idiot who make's stupid youtube videos which I find hard to watch...

Only watched one and found it painfull as he just spouts a load of crap...
    Stop taking everything so serious then.

OT: He's the self-proclaimed "best gamer in the world" and a huge troll. (He's actually a good gamer though:P)

This is something I wrote the last time Athene wave was going in the forums.

A "brief" history on Athene.

It started out as a prank by some PvP competitor/friend of his, when he made a post into the forums of the realm they played, acting out as a really tuff/elitist prick.

Athene then responded to it, through a Youtube video where he acted out in the way the original post implied and the video of the "best paladin in the world" kind of caught fire and got popular, after which they started making more of them.

For his record have to be said that he also made plenty of WoW related "achievements" to back up his acted out arrogance and elitism (and I truly wish to push out the word ACTED, Chiren, the guy behind is really nice fella). As example, he made the record of the fastest leveler 1-70 before the xp nerfs in TBC and he also ranked 1st in 2vs2 and 3vs3 to which people are quick to harp that he was carried. But the point is that he made it.

In Wrath, he hit level 80 first aswell in just few hours, but was banned due to "cheating" even though the way he made it was confirmed to be legit by CM's in WoW forums before doing so.
    After Wrath he p. much had quit WoW related things even though he returned briefly to become the first one to hit 85.

Other things he is known of is the iPower project him and his crew has, that pushed the net neutrality thing into the eyes of the more wide audience (mostly by Tania and her "naked" stuff) and while not being the major player, was effecting the outcome of the vote in European parliament due to the calls for the representatives of the each country that could affect the vote.

Later he got really big into poker and made some sort of "most games played at once" record aswell, even though at the time I didn't really follow him that much. Apparently he made fair bit of cash out of it, which can be seen through the constantly upgraded tech in his videos. He also got to see the CEO of the one of the largest online poker companies when he was at that, and participiated some live competitions over seas in US.

Then he went for Starcraft 2 and fought himself to be first of the Diamond(whatever is the highest) league in few weeks, with p. much best win/loss ratio out there. He also made a record of killing them insane AI opponents, first two, he was beaten by that other SC2 celeb, and after that 4 of the AI's.

Now he's playing LoL and aiming to create his own class (requires 10 000 recommendations).

He's also got into science somehow with his God is in the Neurons project, but of that I'm not so much interested.

It's the arrogance and elitism of his character that usually makes the people truly hate him but they always tend to forget that it's what they aimed for with the whole best player of the world thing.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Ansto View Post
    He was the world first level 80 and world first 85, maybe even world first 70, can't remember.
    Wasn't be banned before he atually got to level 80 ?

OT - His just a self absorbed troll, who claims to be best in the world ;p

Well he holds records for fastest 1-70 leveling and world first 85...

He's also the slef-proclaimed best paladin in the world and IMO an immature troll...his vids were fun at the beginning but they're starting to get old and lame..

Quote Originally Posted by Ansto View Post
    His world firsts shouldnt count, having 20 people killing mobs you tag is just lazy : /

But yea, basically hes the biggest troll in WoW

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's a french candyass.

Hes a famous lame troll playing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Targo View Post
    He's the best gamer in the world.
    Also best paladin.

Deleted
    Athene is a synonym for mega-troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's the reason Swifty was un-banned.

Blizzard didn't want him coming back.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥