Hand of Freedom Mouseover

Trying to make a mouseover macro for Hand of Freedom. My mouseover macros for my other Hand spells work. Even Cleanse works with mouseover macro. Have tried the following:

/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Hand of Freedom; Hand of Freedom <--- (this is the one I use for my other Hand/Cleanse spells.)

/cast [target=mouseover,help] Hand of Freedom

/cast [target=mouseover][target=player] Hand of Freedom

/cast [target=mouseover,exists][target=player] Hand of Freedom

The only way I can currently cast this spell on friendly player is to have that player targeted and press the appropriate hotkey.

Thanks!

/cast [target=mouseover, exists] Hand of Freedom; Hand of Freedom

Switch 'target=' to '@' to save space if needed.

For example
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumazurama View Post
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Hand of Freedom; Hand of Freedom
    to
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumazurama View Post
    /cast [@mouseover, exists] Hand of Freedom; Hand of Freedom
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-07-20 at 09:51 PM.

Are you mousing over their grid/uf or their character?

Zumazurama... Thanks but I alredy stated that "/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Hand of Freedom; Hand of Freedom " does not work. Neither does the other macro commands I typed in my original post.

Damus... I am using the normal standard Blizzard GUI. The only addon I use is Recount. I have tried both mouseover their character and their portrait. When using this macro, it always casts the spell on myself instead of my mouseover target.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 03:33 PM ----------

Just thinking... could it be that this spell can only be cased on "party or raid member" instead of "friendly target"? I wasn't in a party when I was testing these spells. The spell tooltip doesn't indicate being in a party is necessary.
    Last edited by Krothos; 2011-07-20 at 10:20 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Were you able to cast it on the person via click methods, instead of mouseover macros? If so, then it's not limited to party/raid members. However, make sure when you test it that you don't accidentally cast it on yourself.

Also, just a note - you can simplify your macros. The following should work for 99% of things that can be cast via mouseover macros.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, exists][] Hand of Thingyness

Thank you! Appreciate the help. I can cast Hand of Freedom on a random friendly toon that passes by via click methods. I now have a ticket submitted with Blizz to look at this issue.

I like the updated cleaner code. Thanks!!!

I doubt it's something worth submitting a ticket for, check

1) You are actually dragged the macro on your bars and are not using the normal spell
    2) Your keybinds are conflicting in someway, unbind it and rebind it.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator