Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    @Crowe - The issue is that they took an overclocked 560 Ti and compare it to stock 6950s to prove that the 560Ti are "the best". You either compare stock-to-stock, or overclock to overclock. I feel uncomfortable even mentioning this, since you being infracted prevents you from retorting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Except that 4GB is already too little for people who multi task a lot
    I'm quite consistently above 4GiB of RAM, even while not gaming.
    I'm quite consistently above 1.5 GiB of VRAM in Crysis 2!

Wait, how's Twin Frozr 560ti so far down? o.o
    EDIT: nevermind. I saw the 560, not 560ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    2GB of video RAM might not pay off right now but they will in the future. Especially if you plan to expand beyond the tested 1080p resolution.

Getting 2GB of Video RAM is like buying 8GB of DDR3 RAM for your new rig. It won't improve your performance today, but it will sometime in the future.
    Like Tetris, I feel a little bad about replying when you can't defend yourself, but...... I have 16Gb of RAM in my machine right now. I can actually use all of it too. Unlike a video card you can run multiple RAM-eating programs at once and your performance won't suffer too greatly if you have the RAM for it. Video cards though are typically limited to 1 game at a time if you want the game to be playable. I think there are 2 or 3 games on the market that can actually use more than 1Gb of VRAM. Considering the pace at which video cards are upgraded it would be unwise to plan past a year. And there aren't really any huge VRAM-eating games on the horizon yet. CAD or Rendering may be different, but I am not as familiar with that market. So, I think your analogy is bit off. Right now I think 2Gb VRAM Video Cards are more of a gimick than anything else. Otherwise all the major manufacturers would have 2Gb models on the market and pushing them heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic13 View Post
    Otherwise all the major manufacturers would have 2Gb models on the market and pushing them heavily.
    Actually, using DX11mode and running ultra in Crysis 2, it uses up quite a lot of my VRAM, wheras I have 2GiB. It uses well over 1GiB.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Actually, using DX11mode and running ultra in Crysis 2, it uses up quite a lot of my VRAM, wheras I have 2GiB. It uses well over 1GiB.
    Crysis always pushes the edges of what video cards can do. But there aren't a whole lot of games that are as brutal on hardware as Crysis 2. I guess the real question would be whether or not a performance difference is measurable between a 1Gb and 2Gb card of the same design when running the same games. I don't know of anyone that has tested that yet. But I am going to Google it now.

Ok, so apparently we have a few tests that were performed..... one by TH. :-)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...0,2428-10.html

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/...mance_review/4

The basic finding from the HardOCP test was that there was very little difference unless driving a resolution above 1080p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic13 View Post
    Crysis always pushes the edges of what video cards can do. But there aren't a whole lot of games that are as brutal on hardware as Crysis 2. I guess the real question would be whether or not a performance difference is measurable between a 1Gb and 2Gb card of the same design when running the same games. I don't know of anyone that has tested that yet. But I am going to Google it now.

Ok, so apparently we have a few tests that were performed..... one by TH. :-)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...0,2428-10.html

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/...mance_review/4

The basic finding from the HardOCP test was that there was very little difference unless driving a resolution above 1080p.
    Except Crysis 2's graphics are still garbage even with DirectX 11 and the high res textures Crysis 2 isn't even in the same league that Crysis was in when it released. I blame consoles
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Except Crysis 2's graphics are still garbage even with DirectX 11 and the high res textures Crysis 2 isn't even in the same league that Crysis was in when it released. I blame consoles
    It's prettier than BFBC2 at least, which people have as a hallmark of prettniess.

Lolconsoleports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    It's prettier than BFBC2 at least, which people have as a hallmark of prettniess.

Lolconsoleports.
    Yeah but the Battlefield series was never about being pretty... was more oriented for gameplay lol. I'd say Metro 2033 is prettier than BFBC2 since it uses Tessellation on more stuff.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Yeah but the Battlefield series was never about being pretty... was more oriented for gameplay lol. I'd say Metro 2033 is prettier than BFBC2 since it uses Tessellation on more stuff.
    Never tried that.
    But having seen BF3 firsthand. I'm torn. It's not that awful at all!

It is all garbage compared to what I have seen of Skyrim. I have a feeling that game may just force me to put my 2x GTX 560 Ti cards in SLI (can't right now since I am using 3 monitors and want 3 distinct 1920x1080 desktops; more coming about my setup later in a request for suggestions post).