Poll: Favorite Boss in Throne of the Four Winds?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Post Favorite Boss: Throne of the Four Winds

as title hints, whats your favortie boss in Throne of the Four Winds, and why.
    Favorite Boss: Bastion of Twilight
    Favorite Boss: Blackwing Descent

Al'Akir, the tactics are fun for everyone.

Conclave is mainly a matter of timing which all relies on me, the RL.

10+ Year Old Account
    P1 on Al'akir is too much of a complete bitch for me to enjoy properly, so by default my vote goes to the Conclave. If truth is to be told though I really don't like the Throne of the Four Winds at all, it's beautiful to look at and I like the music in there too, but I really hate fighting those bosses.

Dont' really like the bosses in throne. I guess Al'akir is more fun since phase 1&2 are fun.

Phase 3 is lame.

Deleted
    I just klicked Al'akir cause he is huge.. i like huge boss encounters.. But in my favlist of Alltime Boss encounters, neither would make it

10+ Year Old Account
    Al'Akir Heroic. P3 is boring and p1 can be aggrevating, but p2 is intense and as a healer I like to heal things and this is the fight for that

Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post
    Al'Akir Heroic. P3 is boring and p1 can be aggrevating, but p2 is intense and as a healer I like to heal things and this is the fight for that
    i admit, i havent tried Al'Akir (but my guild has done, i must be patient), but i heard phase 2 was the longest and most boring phase. personally, P3 looked fun, but again, i like to fly around in the air.

al'akir is just malygos repainted... think about it and you'll see my point.

I had a very traumatic experience at c*ntclave, cant say I enjoy that boss after the ammount of wiping i did on it.
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate al'Akir.... if you make big bosses make sure you have a big area so you can have a nice view of the boss.... man we see Al'Akir's nailes or w/e you write it + phase 3 is not chain heal/healing rain friendly

conclave is actually my favorite fight this xpac.

al akir however was a guild breaker for us.

Quote Originally Posted by DerGenerale View Post
    al'akir is just malygos repainted... think about it and you'll see my point.

I had a very traumatic experience at c*ntclave, cant say I enjoy that boss after the ammount of wiping i did on it.
    i thinked about it, but i really cant see much more of the same than the mob in phase2, and phase3 with flying around reminds A LITTLE about phase3 in Malygos. Malygos's phase2 is nowhere to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    i admit, i havent tried Al'Akir (but my guild has done, i must be patient), but i heard phase 2 was the longest and most boring phase. personally, P3 looked fun, but again, i like to fly around in the air.

It's not bad in anyway. Just not as fun as you might think. You don't actually want to fly around else you may inadvertently get sucked out of the eye of the storm, in which case you will literally be flying around the boss uncontrollably and in circles. lol You pretty much just got up and down using space bar and X keys and when he knocks you back w burst you fly back in and up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post
    It's not bad in anyway. Just not as fun as you might think. You don't actually want to fly around else you may inadvertently get sucked out of the eye of the storm, in which case you will literally be flying around the boss uncontrollably and in circles. lol You pretty much just got up and down using space bar and X keys and when he knocks you back w burst you fly back in and up a little.
    flying uncontrollably and in circles?
    i must join the fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    I clicked conclave, because I think Al'Akir is the biggest piece of shit boss in the expansion, because of P1 alone.

I absolutely hate the kind of fight where half of the time you're incapacitated. And that's what this phase is. Half of the times, you either take a tornado or a knockback as ranged.

Al'Akir is by far the better. I find the platform-hopping during Conclave to be tedious and in general an un-interesting game mechanic. On Al'Akir you have to be on your toes during p1, make sure you don't get yourself Wind Buffeted into a tornado-line, push dps and stack lightning spark debuffs in p2, dodge winds and stuff in p3.

Plus, he's FRIGGIN HUGE, and he's Al'Akir!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    flying uncontrollably and in circles?
    i must join the fun!
    lol it is kinda fun if it doesnt wipe ur raid. i got sucked out once when learning it and another time on my alt cause it was 6am and i am bad lol

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Conclave by default, just because I hate those stupid freaking tornadoes. And Stormlings. And my god, it takes foreeeever to transition out of that stupid phase 2.

I voted conclave because I hate Al'akir.
    I don't like conclave either, but it's less bad that Al.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.