Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    And which prominent tech company deserves the money it makes? Please don't say Microsoft and/or Apple...
    It's my opinion of course, but the less a company becomes about the customer(And I don't mean spoiling the crap out of them either) and more about moneymoneymoney, the less they deserve that money. The idea is that if you treat your customers right, make good products that people want, and take care of them, the money comes with it. The recent incidents in the news don't help their case either, ie the Geohot case and the other all to familiar incident. I've had it in for Sony for over 10 years now.

Not to mention what they did to make BluRay win the format war it did.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    It's my opinion of course, but the less a company becomes about the customer(And I don't mean spoiling the crap out of them either) and more about moneymoneymoney, the less they deserve that money. The idea is that if you treat your customers right, make good products that people want, and take care of them, the money comes with it. The recent incidents in the news don't help their case either, ie the Geohot case and the other all to familiar incident. I've had it in for Sony for over 10 years now.

Not to mention what they did to make BluRay win the format war it did.
    Well you can't blame a company for trying to make money, they all do. And of course companies will price their features compared to their market. Playing online on the 360 costs a monthly fee. Trying to play online on the Wii is horrible. PS3 still has free online play. And on the GeoHot front: He released stuff that made it easy for people to pirate PS3 software. Sony had every right to sue the shit out of him and make him pay a fine he would have had to work pretty much the rest of his life to pay off. Yet they didn't, they came to an agreement out of court.

But that of course is simply my opinion.

Also, I'm not aware of anything shifty Sony did during the HD format war.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Don't wanna come in here as a random in your Sony fight here. But calling a company like Sony not deserving of money without giving any kind of facts to why just kind of seems kind of fanboying, just that you haven't stated which company you like more which is good.

And you can't really take in the comparison with customer support. Every company exist for one and one reason alone, to make money. So the bigger the company is the more money they crave to expand. That's just economy. Personally I believe Apple is a perfect example of that, they produce overpriced shit mostly in my opinion. But they are first with doing so(successfully that is), iPhone, iPad for example. Only because they were first with marketing it doesn't mean they have the best product. But people buy it, that's what marketing is all about. iPhone has what, 50% of the Smartphone market and it has been out for 4 years. And the only thing they do every year is to give it some minor upgrades as a new body and video dialing, some new software updates and they call it a new phone, which people buy.
    There are phones 2 times as good as iPhones for nearly half the price today, but still kids wish for iPhones.

I wouldn't call Apple a company that works for their customers, they say they do and people believe it. But I personally wouldn't say that they do. They are updating old models with small updates and reselling them for full price.
    I've tried out macs, iPhones, iPods but every time I see that they are inferior to other products, overall. The only thing at present that Apple does better for the time being is the iPad. But in 4 years when iPad 4 is out, most likely will there be more powerful and cheaper tablets available despite iPad having 60% of the market. That has nothing to do with how much a company works for their company or not. It's purely marketing, a very successful display of such as well.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Well you can't blame a company for trying to make money, they all do. And of course companies will price their features compared to their market. Playing online on the 360 costs a monthly fee. Trying to play online on the Wii is horrible. PS3 still has free online play. And on the GeoHot front: He released stuff that made it easy for people to pirate PS3 software. Sony had every right to sue the shit out of him and make him pay a fine he would have had to work pretty much the rest of his life to pay off. Yet they didn't, they came to an agreement out of court.

But that of course is simply my opinion.

Also, I'm not aware of anything shifty Sony did during the HD format war.
    He released something to allow people the OtherOS functionailty back in. People will pirate REGARDLESS of whether he had done so or not. Yet they didn't? For Sony, which has the resources to sue him into oblivion(and the mentality too!), there is another reason they decided to settle, maybe we'll never find that out. To the market? Sure many do, many don't, it's painfully obvious that. Companies make money or they die out, it's a fact of what I feel is a poor system, but it's the system we have to live in today. The problem arises when the company puts it's weight behind "making the quick buck" instead of making it's customers happy. Because a company has no right to make money, making money comes with making good products and services for the customer.

They can also corner the market, lobby governments and many other things which have gone far beyond what should be allowed in a market such as ours.

As for the format War. They did what any "rolling in cash" company now a days does to make sure it wins.... throws money at the problem. Not at making BD better or less restrictive so as to be more attractive to customers or to make the hardware more affordable so as to be more mainstream. But throw money at it, as in "here's 400 million, use BD, not HD-DVD" There's also a rumor that Sony paid off Toshiba themselves. I won't argue that the HD-DVD specs aren't quite as good as BD, not even my point in the matter.

---------- Post added 2011-07-24 at 04:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    Don't wanna come in here as a random in your Sony fight here. But calling a company like Sony not deserving of money without giving any kind of facts to why just kind of seems kind of fanboying, just that you haven't stated which company you like more which is good.

And you can't really take in the comparison with customer support. Every company exist for one and one reason alone, to make money. So the bigger the company is the more money they crave to expand. That's just economy. Personally I believe Apple is a perfect example of that, they produce overpriced shit mostly in my opinion. But they are first with doing so(successfully that is), iPhone, iPad for example. Only because they were first with marketing it doesn't mean they have the best product. But people buy it, that's what marketing is all about. iPhone has what, 50% of the Smartphone market and it has been out for 4 years. And the only thing they do every year is to give it some minor upgrades as a new body and video dialing, some new software updates and they call it a new phone, which people buy.
    There are phones 2 times as good as iPhones for nearly half the price today, but still kids wish for iPhones.

I wouldn't call Apple a company that works for their customers, they say they do and people believe it. But I personally wouldn't say that they do. They are updating old models with small updates and reselling them for full price.
    I've tried out macs, iPhones, iPods but every time I see that they are inferior to other products, overall. The only thing at present that Apple does better for the time being is the iPad. But in 4 years when iPad 4 is out, most likely will there be more powerful and cheaper tablets available despite iPad having 60% of the market. That has nothing to do with how much a company works for their company or not. It's purely marketing, a very successful display of such as well.
    Do tell what company i'm fanboying for? Because honestly I don't know of many companies that work for their customers, although there are a few that get really close. One I know of recently started shifting towards the "make a quick buck" mentality, and got HUGE backlash for it. There are plenty of other companies that do things just like Sony, some to a lesser extend, some far worse. In fact the Sony "fanboys" that popped up on one of Sony's own forums in response to the ending of the Geohot case are much more what I would call fanboys. Totally praising and defending Sony 100%, refusing to even see the other side of the coin even for a second. To them, Gehot was the evil pirate trying to make it easier to hack and pirate the PS3 into Oblivion. Anyone who followed what he was doing knew far better than that. Do things like that possibly make it easier to pirate? Possibly, but someone will find a way to pirate even without Geohot. His hacking was to restore functionality that Sony took away, functionality that was listed on the products own packaging.

You're right, Apple is not a company for the customers, that's just the public "mask" they put on. I also dislike Apple, and that's only one of a few reasons for it. And you get many many people following it like a cult almost. This is where fanboys come from. People, for the most part, don't think for themselves.

So I will stick to my "guns" with this. A company that cares more about its money than the customers that make it that money, deserves no money at all.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

none

And where at you logic?

<User was infracted for this post>
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-09-24 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BS for DVDs and anything upwards of 720p.

GOM for everything at 720 or below.

That's what I use.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    Locked. Please don't necro old threads; it's against the rules. Please see the guidelines for more information.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-09-24 at 12:56 PM.