Thread: Arcane PVP

Arcane PVP

It's so cool to see 60-70K AB crits in pve but unfortunately in pvp I just can not stand still to build up my stacks.

Anyway arcane would be so nice in pvp, I hope blizz add arcane mages some more defense beside the armor knockback
    and the low tier blink run speed increase.

I could imagine a glyphed slow that immoblize the target for 2 sec. then 1 sec then immune.

Let's see, for defense you also have... Ice Block, Frost Nova, Ring of Frost, Frost Armor (though with the amount of magic damage being flung around I don't blame you for using Mage Armor instead, it at least helps against the casters who forgot to gear for spellpen), Cone of Cold (possibly Improved if you use Frost for a secondary tree, Impact and Blazing Speed if you use Fire for secondary), Slow, Polymorph, Glyphed Evocation, Mage Ward, Mirror Image, Spellsteal, and Invisibility. I may have missed one or two, but I'd have to log on to my Arcane Mage to check, and I'm embarrassed to be seen on him any longer than it takes me to do a jewelcrafting daily or cut gems or make enchant scrolls for my guildmates, despite his having been specced Arcane since Burning Crusade.

I don't think mages need any more defenses, regardless of spec.

Deleted
    giving arcane mages too much survivabilty would make them so OP without nerfing the damage

ATM I'm having fun with sheep then POM+AB(3 sec stunned) , AB , ABar = 90K
    with wsg buff + arcane power it's usually fatality.
    Last edited by Mmownd; 2011-07-20 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmownd View Post
    try something like sheep > get at 40 yd range > AB (3 sec stun) > AB > POM + AB > ABar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmownd View Post
    with wsg buff + arcane power it's usually fatality.
    do the people you fight have 0 resi or something? :P

arcane pvp is so fun ! Yes, resil negates most of it, but free casting is pretty common in bgs, i can just keep them coming until they drop.

75 kbs no deaths in ab as arcane with no healer i think they are decent at living