Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Retribution Paladin, Is it worth to lose t11 4p against t12 2p?

Is it worth to get 2p of t12 and loose the t11 4p bonus? I mean , which one will gain most dps. 2p of t12 or 4p of t11?

i would say the t12 2pc is better cus its 15% extra damage in the form of a rolling dot from your most used ability. yea the t11 4pc lets you go ~12 more seconds between inquisitions, but thats hardly a problem to toss a proc into it with 5sec remaining.
    If you do not stand for something, you will fall for anything.

It's actually an interesting question. I'm debating holding off switching to T12 until I can bring a 4p bonus to replace my current 4p. I'm sorry, but even if 4PT11 isn't a massive DPS buff, it just makes the class handle so much better. T11 and T12 bonuses differ in that T11 is like driving a car with exceptional handling, where as T12 is like slapping a large turbo onto a unresponsive car. Number wise, T11 will never compete with T12, especially considering the stat differences, T11 just makes the class suck less to play. Now, if I had heroic T11 pieces, there wouldn't be a question to me. I'd hold on to it until I had the 4p, no question. Probably the wrong answer, but I blame craptastic class design.

Deleted
    Well...what about T11 2p + T12 2p.

10% TV dam increase + 15% CS dam increase

Quote Originally Posted by Rustalot View Post
    Well...what about T11 2p + T12 2p.

10% TV dam increase + 15% CS dam increase
    that itself is a very good question, the TV damage increase is something like a 3-4% dps increase by itself.

Deleted
    imo, take 2 parts T12, because of the gain of stats, and because this T12 2p bonus if not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mentally vexed View Post
    that itself is a very good question, the TV damage increase is something like a 3-4% dps increase by itself.
    No.. it is not. Templar's Verdict damage very rarely exceeds 20% of total damage, even with the 2-set. Comparing the set bonuses alone, they're pretty much a wash.

TV hits harder than CS, sure, but you use CS *ALOT* more than TV. It's likely a bit of a damage upgrade, but I'll leave that for the theory crafters. The stats alone mean 2pT12 is quite superior to 2pT11.

Regardless of whether 2p T12 is better than 2p T11, I think that keeping both until you achieve 4p T12 would probably be your best decision. Assuming the offset pieces aren't a HUGE upgrade.

Honestly, imo I dont understand why anyone would go for the 4pc T12. With the loss of the 2pc T11, the bonus to zealotry is diminished. 2pc T11 + 2pc T12 is what most will be going for (im speaking of heroic level T11. otherwise the stats on 359 gear is too much of a dps loss from 378 let alone 372 gear). even if you aren't able to keep both 2pc bonuses, i say still skip the 4pc. Some of the offset peices are much better itemized than tier peices such as the chest off Majordomo and the helm off Alysrazor.
    Last edited by Bruceleroi; 2011-07-21 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruceleroi View Post
    Honestly, imo I dont understand why anyone would go for the 4pc T12. With the loss of the 2pc T11, the bonus to zealotry is diminished. 2pc T11 + 2pc T12 is what most will be going for (im speaking of heroic level T11. otherwise the stats on 359 gear is too much of a dps loss from 378 let alone 372 gear). even if you aren't able to keep both 2pc bonuses, i say still skip the 4pc. Some of the offset peices are much better itemized than tier peices such as the chest off Majordomo and the helm off Alysrazor.
    How so exactly?
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Um. What? An extra 15 seconds of zealotry isn't worth it? My good sir, please come back after you sober up, or bring some very hard math to the table if you're going to make such outlandish claims. Sure, theoretically, if you could cram in the 2pT11 and 4pT12, you'd do more damage, but just because you can't keep your 2pT11 doesn't mean 4pT12 isn't worth it. Nearly DOUBLING the length of Zealotry, and you say skip it? I demand hard math backing up such an outlandish claim.

I think id rather go with the full T12 over the T11 the T12 hs more stats and a decent set bonus i could see why you want thje 2 peaice T11 but an etra 15 on zealotry is nice to have as well as the 15 second increse on inq.

The 4p T12 is an obvious upgrade over 4P T11. The set bonus on T12 is quite substantial. 15% damage on CS, an ability you use roughly every ~4sec (periodically even more often) and hits respectably is quite a solid boost.
    Ofcourse the loss of 10% TV damage dampens the overall usefullness of Zealotry. But Zealotry is still a very powerfull cooldown to use, especially if your 4p T12 extends it with a massive 15sec. Thats 175% duration!!

This also makes a very interesting cooldown cycle. And would further up the value of a trinket such as Apparatus, wich will vbe virtually guarenteed to have reached 5 stacks by the time you get to using it in your cooldown rotation if Zealotry starts 15sec sooner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    No.. it is not. Templar's Verdict damage very rarely exceeds 20% of total damage, even with the 2-set. Comparing the set bonuses alone, they're pretty much a wash.
    that depends if you split mastery between cs and tv as mastery is normaly very high on the total damg scale as well and since thats dependant on tv's and cs you should split the mastery between the two.

on topic: since the talent got buffed compared to t11 it's going from 40 seconds to 36 when 3 point refresh, what we are losing the most is the 1 point refreshes are now 12 secs instead of 20.

that said i would stil go with double 2 pieces. although it it's firelands normal tier(no extra bonus) vs t11 Normal item i would probably take thefirelands but if t11 heroic stick with the t11 as it's only 6ilevels and 6ilevels of stre/secondaries is probably less than the TV loss.
    Last edited by mmoc1ace84aa42; 2011-07-21 at 11:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Redcape on EJ says your gear progress should look like this

4t11 > 2t11 +2t12 > 4t12

and if you dont have heroic gear, dropping the 4pc t11 bonus is barely noticeable since they have given us an extended Inq time through talents. what I have done is keep my 2pct11 bonus and swap out other pieces for any FL gear that i have acquired while keeping an optimal setup. this is only because I am tanking again, and have to spend vp on prot tier, otherwise i would be running duel 2pc as indicated above.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

about equipping items , today i got the BS sword and i think its bugged ....
    Naked and without buff , only Equipping the sword and i had speed in melee tab = 3.44
    thats a big BUG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    Redcape on EJ says your gear progress should look like this

4t11 > 2t11 +2t12 > 4t12
    This... Even without calculating this should be the obvious thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    Naked and without buff , only Equipping the sword and i had speed in melee tab = 3.44
    thats a big BUG
    Did you use Judgement within the last minute of taking off all your equipment? Remember we get a haste buff from using Judgement due to Judgements of the Pure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    thats a big BUG
    I got told it's a tooltip error, the sword speed is 3.5 instead of 3.8, and its min/max dmg is thus MUCH lower than the stated 2000-3000. Those fucking bastards screwed it up once again.

Interestingly though, the mace from magmaw hits harder white hits, but lower yellow hits.