Improve Me Please? :))

I DID post this thread last night, but in the middle of the night with barely anyone online. Sincere apologies for reposting it if it's inconvenient.

-

So this is my first x-pac where I'm raiding as DPS and haven't QUITE figured it alllll out yet. I tanked before, and the stats are obviously somewhat different for priority there.
    I figured I'd put this under General instead of "Warlock" because it's moreso me, not my class.

Anyway, if anyone has any advice on how to improve my stats, gear, enchants, priorities?

I'm generally demo, and I switch to destro commonly. In Heroics I'll typically be around 18k in mass AoE situations, about 12k-13k (that could be wrong) for Single.

I know I need another few points for my hit cap, I missed it before logging out. :P

So any constructive criticism from anyone please? )

Thank you.

EDIT: I DID always PvP as dps, but never raiding.

A basis of what percents my Haste > Crit > and Mastery should be at would also be nice please... I kind of prioritized it myself.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

The first step would be to spec out of demo unless the fight calls for massive aoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be affliction for most single target fights, maybe a fight with an add or two.

Any fight with a lot of aoe phases be demo.

A lot of people like destro, but imo i find it useless then the other two specs.

Stats are basically how you said them. Hit > Haste > Mastery > Crit. As for gemming, any socket you have thats +20 of any of your major stats, go ahead and match that. If the socket isnt +20 get pure int in those sockets.

Then of course is doing the correct rotations on each spec and so on.

And remember, because up to this day, i STILL see warlocks either gearing or gemming spirit /facepalm. So make sure you never do that haha

I just like demonology, I don't really know why. It's somewhat simple, but I still do some decent damage. I'm also still doing heroics right now, which is what Demo is definitely good for.
    What percent should I try to get my haste to before moving on?

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

I know you posted this in General on purpose, but I am moving this to warlock because it's where it truly belongs. There are far more folks in this part of the forums that can help you out than General (they're also really nice here!).

Also, just taking a quick glance at your armory, I figured I should mention that warlocks do not go for Spirit anymore at all. Core of Ripeness is.. ehhhhh. I get the int is nice, but the proc is useless, and there are better crafted belts (which are fairly cheap on most servers at this point) than the rep one. Also, the +12 int gem should definitely get replaced.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2011-07-21 at 02:09 AM.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Thank you, I just didn't know if it was based on Casters in general or not. Thank you very much, Elysia.

And anything with spirit in there is ONLY there because it dropped and still gave me better stats than a 333 or 346. I also would never roll if there was a priest.
    Last edited by Stuneree; 2011-07-21 at 02:15 AM.