Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dark Sim steals Hand of Ragnaros

Granted it is not a huge piece of damage, but this spell can be stolen from Ragnaros.

Trying to catch it just before 70% can be pretty funky as you can use it on the ads to knock them back

haha, really? Will be hotfixed I bet, but I'll try it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by vhaman View Post
    haha, really? Will be hotfixed I bet, but I'll try it this week.
    I'll try this out on Heroic rag tonight.

It just occurred to me, but this could be a darn good reason why Paragon brought 4 DKs I'd think. >>

I'd suspect that 4 x Death Grip for add control / Tsunami from boomkins for knockback was why they stacked those two classes, though the Dark Sim would be a pretty strong help as well. Given Blizzard was monitoring their kill though, I suspect that if it hadn't been intended it would have been hotfixed earlier in the week.

Yea I doubt this will be hot fixed I'm pretty sure if blizz has control over what we can dark sim. Thank you for the info though it's always good to know. Do the waves come with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep that looks to be why paragon had 3 DK alts in the raid for the kill. its pretty sad

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    Yep that looks to be why paragon had 3 DK alts in the raid for the kill. its pretty sad
    They do what they can to get a kill, it's just what they do... I don't see how using their brains to get the best setup is sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    They do what they can to get a kill, it's just what they do... I don't see how using their brains to get the best setup is sad.
    hand of rag shouldn't be spell stealable. get it in your thick head seriously. why do you think they gave trash in FL nets? to stop you from soloing, doing an unintended action. why did they hotfix thorns on alysrazor ? to stop it from doing 20% of the dmg a tank needs on the birds. things happen for a reason. they just missed that like other things that are missed. And on alysrazor u can still spam click 1 feather and gain 3 stacks off just 1 feather.

hand of rag shouldn't be spell stealable. get it in your thick head seriously. why do you think they gave trash in FL nets? to stop you from soloing, doing an unintended action. why did they hotfix thorns on alysrazor ? to stop it from doing 20% of the dmg a tank needs on the birds. things happen for a reason. they just missed that like other things that are missed. And on alysrazor u can still spam click 1 feather and gain 3 stacks off just 1 feather.
    It's up to Blizzard whether something should be able to be copied, not you... No doubt they were monitoring all the Heroic Rag attempts like they did with Sinestra and probably others too, and would of hotfixed it... And they didn't. So, stop being a dick, and get YOUR thick head off of the high horse, eh? :3

What the hell are you talking about? Of course the game gets changed, its been 2 weeks and this wasn't touched. Besides, who are you to say what should or shouldn't be dark simulacrum'd?
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Deleted
    Somebodies mad.

Seriously man chill out. Blizzard probably know about this and either agree with it or it'l be changed soon.

in fact i believe there was a recent trend in trying to make darksim more viable as an ability to count on rather then a gimmick in pve by allowing us to dark sim more spells. so it makes perfect sense they would allow us to sim something off rag that isn't game breaking.

lol @ Sizzlinsauce's rageface, someone crit him for 40k quick.

As many said, if Blizz felt it was unbalanced they'd fix it, Its not like the ability does some massive damage, only hits for like 30k, I bet someone at blizz said "Lol clever use of game mechanics! lets let it slide"

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    lol @ Sizzlinsauce's rageface, someone crit him for 40k quick.
    LOL, thanks for making me choke on my dinner, it was needed. ;P

It's not exactly game-breaking by itself, nor does it actually bypass any mechanics.
    It allows for better add-handling and that's about the extent of it tbf.

Source on the Thorns fix? And Dark Simulacrum is not a spellsteal, it's a copy of an ability, and if the specifically flagged that ability to be susceptible to it, they did it intentionally.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Oh boy, he sounds jelly to meh.
    Chill mate, there is no way you actually know if its intended or not, you are just a raged anti-paragon dude, not a member of blizzard, chill out and wait for an actual blizzard post related to this.
    damned devs. wont get on their thick heads hand of rag shouldnt be spell stealable.

It actually might be intended, there are certain boss spells and mechanics that are meant to be messed with. Like the 3rd boss in stonecore. You dont have to spell steal his reflect but DAMN it makes the boss easier to do it. Its a class ability, its not an exploit, in my opinion more power to them that they figured that out. Considering the fact that blizz makes it insanely easy now to see what spells are stealable, interuptable, or dark sim-able.

"Places a dark ward on an enemy that persists for 8 sec, triggering when the enemy next spends mana on a spell, and allowing the Death Knight to unleash an exact duplicate of that spell. Against nonplayers, only absorbs some harmful spells."

Id say that actually takes much more skill then spellsteal too because you have to know when he is casting it in order to apply dark sim prior to it being done. Good job in my opinion for figuring this out.
    Last edited by winkysmnm; 2011-07-21 at 05:24 PM.