Question for Tailors

Regarding your Dreamcloth cooldowns; do any of you sell them?

I know that the best stuff you guys can make requires dreamcloth, and that the cooldown is a week long. However I've always been stingy with my gold, so what I tend to do is farm most of what I want in the game manually. That isn't to say I'm not generous with my tips though. xD

I ask because I'd like to eventually get a couple of those Luxurious Silk Gem Bags, which I know requires a few Dreamcloth each. I have most of the mats already but I wanted to ask about it first. I could easily imagine that most tailors use the cooldowns for themselves. And if you do sell them, how much do you tend to charge?

Just wanting to know what to expect from tailors.

On my server the majority of the "competitive" Tailors are using every piece of Dreamcloth for the new BoE 378 boot and glove recipes, so much so that the leg enchants that use them have skyrocketed in price. Because of this (assuming it's similar on your server) you'll be paying a lot above the mats price for someone to craft Dreamcloth for you with your mats. For a general figure look at prices on the enchants (1 dreamcloth each), subtract the mats cost and that'll be a good amount to offer as a tip.

Best bet is to find a friend or guildee

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally am a tailor. I'm lazy with cooldowns so I save up enough cloth for whatever I need (like the new 378 gear for example) and then after that my CDs just sit there unused. I never sell them but i let guildies use my CDs for free as long as they have the mats. Sometimes all I ask for is the volatiles as long as I have a ton of cloth stockpiled for some reason. Asking a friend or a guildmate is definitely the way to go. I've never even seen (or noticed at least) anyone selling or wanting to buy dreamcloth CDs in trade.

|Not Taking Requests|My Work|Signature by Zarina|

Deleted
    I decided not to save up any Dreamcloths as a tailor, because the 378 gear cost will be measured mainly from the living embers and the embers are about 8k each -> 8k x 4 = 32k + Dreamcloths. And anyways, 378 gears aren't even BiS for most classes

Quote Originally Posted by hapuzki View Post
    And anyways, 378 gears aren't even BiS for most classes
    The boots are BiS for clothies, there are no others with either Spirit or Hit. Like many I'm fitting out my raid (25 man) in them before even considering using Dreamcloth for other recipes.

Deleted
    Generally, the more you process a product the more profitable it becomes. Selling the cooldown gets you some quick cash but you could also process the Dreamcloth into a more profitable product(s).

Just realized the Dreamcloth was BoP. It wasn't until I talked to a tailor guildmate, bought a stack of embersilk bolts, and sent him the mats to make one dreamcloth that I realized that.

I guess with the way the system is set up, my only real option would be to just suck it up and buy the bags made on the AH.

Deleted
    Can't you make a deal with the guildy to buy all his transmutes for the bags and then ask him to craft the bag when he has got all the dreamcloth together? Or does he not have the pattern for the bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Reiga View Post
    Can't you make a deal with the guildy to buy all his transmutes for the bags and then ask him to craft the bag when he has got all the dreamcloth together? Or does he not have the pattern for the bag?
    Nah, he didn't have any of the bag patterns.