Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Need: It's mine by right! I leveled up enchanting and everyone else will just press disenchant and steal my mats! I'd rather take them now and disenchant them myself later.
    Greed: I cba to do something with that item and i'm already at 250k gold so why bother waste bagspace?
    Disenchant: MY MATS! MIIIIIIIIINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    another Christie Golden book butchering lore , ah well after Rise of the Lich King nothing surprises me anymore tbh

I didn't think Rise of the Lich King butchered the lore. Mind providing some example? All I got from it was a look into Arthas' thoughts and personality behind his actions throughout his life. That's expanding on the lore or causing a review of what you know of the lore, not butchering it.

Of course, I haven't read it in a while. So, explain what leads you to your conclusion, please.

OMG i want the death knight pogo stick! reckon we could get roller skates put in the game too? maybe skateboards? imagine a gnome or a goblin on a skateboard!

another book that is going to tell the story the game should tell.. woot

Deleted
    Moar DK plz.

That DeathKnight Pogo stick needs to make it into game, if only just on one day of the year

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice love it, definitely be checking these out.

The new book sounds interesting. Should be nice for lore fans out there and this twilight of the aspects sounds like a future world event coming soon possibly the final battle with deathwing. Hmmm I wish that fan art was done by boris vallejo for obvious reasons but oh well.

Amusing Blizz thinks people should "communicate" over loot. They really have lost the plot and seem to have no idea of even basic social concepts.

Sure amongst friends, or 'colleagues' such as guildies during raids, you can have a reasonable discussion on where loot should go. You have a connection with these people and a responsibility to get things right, and repercussions if you try to take advantage of them.

But in a random dungeon finder group, with random people, from random realms, who you are unlikely to ever meet again and owe absolutely nothing to? It is just laughable that they expect "proper communication" to be used. If you throw random people together, you need to have systems in place to organize loot. They know this, hence why you can't need everything that drops. To place all responsibility on the players given these circumstances is at best a cop out and at worst willful neglect of their player base.
    Last edited by Peacemoon; 2011-07-21 at 11:28 AM.

Everyone seems to have missed something very subtle: Blizz basically just said outright it's ok to roll Need on off-spec gear as much as you want. I do kind of agree with them, a little communication goes a long way. If an off-spec piece drops for me I usually wait to see what everyone else rolls (if there are people in the group who can use it for main spec) and if they don't need it, I'll say "Needing for o/s" and hit Need. Naturally if I'm the only plate wearer in the group then I just hit Need for it as there's nobody else who can use it so the reason I'm rolling is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Oztington View Post
    another book that is going to tell the story the game should tell.. woot
    for those that don't choose to read the books, they can learn what they wish or need in the game itself. For those who have the time and inclination to read the books, they can get a bit more back story and depth that they may not feel is complete enough for them in the game.
    Most of the story is told in the game, books allow you to flesh out the story a bit more.

Deleted
    I love Golden's books, Rise of the Horde and The Shattering are two of my favorites. I really hope it holds up to those.

OMG I want that pogo mount!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Amusing Blizz thinks people should "communicate" over loot. They really have lost the plot and seem to have no idea of even basic social concepts.

Sure amongst friends, or 'colleagues' such as guildies during raids, you can have a reasonable discussion on where loot should go. You have a connection with these people and a responsibility to get things right, and repercussions if you try to take advantage of them.

But in a random dungeon finder group, with random people, from random realms, who you are unlikely to ever meet again and owe absolutely nothing to? It is just laughable that they expect "proper communication" to be used. If you throw random people together, you need to have systems in place to organize loot. They know this, hence why you can't need everything that drops. To place all responsibility on the players given these circumstances is at best a cop out and at worst willful neglect of their player base.
    In pugs, people should be willing to have some sense of common decency...oh wait it ran away with common sense, nevermind. Honestly, I think its sad that Blizzard has been forced to put in place a loot system, and with every year it seems make it even stricter. I think it should go without saying if you don't fucking need something, don't fucking need it.

Wow, that Draenei pic = Mind blown. Looks cute and awesome. Need whoever made that on bliz's design team for new tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankyou Blizzard for giving me my new Siggy!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    :3

---------- Post added 2011-07-21 at 01:47 PM ----------

I like those artworks alot. Fan art is the main thing that keeps me playing. Whenever I see my DK running around wearing painted cardboard, i just look at the fanarts to imagine him looking so so much better.

Deleted
    If that Pogo stick ends up in the blizzard store, I would buy that without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post

I rarely had or currently have any problems with loot in dungeons. I have reasonable, friendly discussions with pug players all the time. Maybe you're just an anti-social jerk?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dat pogo stick... o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    Most of the story is told in the game, books allow you to flesh out the story a bit more.
    I don't agree. Most information might be available in the game through some obscure quest line that most people won't have done, but personally I had no idea that Nozdormu was back and I was quite surprised when I saw him during the Thrall quest line. And who's Aggra? I've never heard of her before, and suddenly she's getting married to Thrall. That information was not made available to me through the game.