Deleted

Soo about DA animation

Honestly I think they just don't care for it anymore at all. They promised us a toned down version, they could have put it in the 4.2 hotfixes but they didn't and this change has to be one of the most stupid ones ever, by their logic, people must have gotten seizures from the Chakra animation. Blizzard's lack of care is astonishing imo.

It's been what, a week since they mentioned it? And they couldn't put it in a hotfix, since the graphical effects are client-side I believe which would mean downloading a patch. Don't stress so much about it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Yes so? Do we need to wait a year before the animation comes back? Wich was removed for totally retarded reasons btw.

I kinda agree to be fair. Blizzard really doesn't care. And while it may be just a minor graphical issue it is still a problem that should be adressed a.s.a.p. The reason was pretty stupid too. There are far more dazzling animations in-game (Power Word: Barrier, Chakra, Tranquility, etc...) so that doesn't work.

Abandon already said it, but new graphics requires a new client-side patch... meaning, it's not able to just be "hotfixed" in.
    Then, the volume of work that has to go into a client-side patch dictates that any reasonable company would not release a patch for JUST this one graphical change; the amount of user support that's needed with each patch is, undoubtably, heinous. Try to wait until they have a few things to patch in (so it's actually worth the effort to produce a patch) before you start clamoring for a fix- it WILL come.
    Last edited by SonsofDisaster; 2011-07-22 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of, I'd love an option to turn off the Chakra floor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
    I kinda agree to be fair. Blizzard really doesn't care. And while it may be just a minor graphical issue it is still a problem that should be adressed a.s.a.p. The reason was pretty stupid too. There are far more dazzling animations in-game (Power Word: Barrier, Chakra, Tranquility, etc...) so that doesn't work.
    The thing is, Power Word Barrier is on a three minute cooldown, Tranquility is on a four minute cooldown and Chakra is on one character of a single spec (although I so agree that one is spammy), while Divine Aegis always procs on five people whenever you cast Prayer of Healing. I personally love the old animation, and hope the new one is similar, but I do agree the old one was quite spammy during heavy AoE which usually has it's own raid-wide animation as well. It can be quite graphically intensive on people who wouldn't have the best computers. I wish they could do something like make it only play the animation on higher graphic settings, but the change is honestly not a huge deal to me.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    The thing is, Power Word Barrier is on a three minute cooldown, Tranquility is on a four minute cooldown and Chakra is on one character of a single spec (although I so agree that one is spammy), while Divine Aegis always procs on five people whenever you cast Prayer of Healing. I personally love the old animation, and hope the new one is similar, but I do agree the old one was quite spammy during heavy AoE which usually has it's own raid-wide animation as well. It can be quite graphically intensive on people who wouldn't have the best computers. I wish they could do something like make it only play the animation on higher graphic settings, but the change is honestly not a huge deal to me.
    Well, I can't eat, I can't sleep, I haven't showered in a week and my clothes are dirty because of this change.

Just kidding, but yeah I find it pretty annoying...

Deleted
    The next patch could take half a year. Just a half assed decision me thinks...

Pretty sure Paragon just showed us the reason they changed DA:

Clearly Bliz was like "oh crap we made the water bubbles the same graphic as DA, let's just get rid of DA for now" :P
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster View Post
    Abandon already said it, but new graphics requires a new client-side patch... meaning, it's not able to just be "hotfixed" in.
    Then, the volume of work that has to go into a client-side patch dictates that any reasonable company would not release a patch for JUST this one graphical change; the amount of user support that's needed with each patch is, undoubtably, heinous. Try to wait until they have a few things to patch in (so it's actually worth the effort to produce a patch) before you start clamoring for a fix- it WILL come.
    Exactly. The only people who think that "Blizzard doesn't care" is a valid argument about anything ever are people who know precisely nothing whatsoever about software development.

It's not that Blizzard doesn't care, folks. It's that your expectations are laughably unreasonable because you don't have the slightest clue what the hell you're talking about.