Thread: disc or holy?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

disc or holy?

Im a level 31 priest, and im wondering which would be better for dungeons holy or disc? Id also like to know which one is best at 85 for heroics, and maybe group healing.

Either one works. For leveling or 85.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

generally disc is considered better at lower level for overpowered shields.
    At 85, i personally like holy better at this time for better versatility in raids.. as holy you always have the risk of having to shout at people because theyre not clicking your lightwell tho

Deleted
    for leveling, disc. attonement once you pick up the talents (very soon) will probably have you doing as much dmg as the mages whilst still healing

for 85. TBH i love disc too much, so id have to stick by my 20" guns

10+ Year Old Account
    is disc a good group healer?

Deleted
    they havent got the burst AOE capability like a holy priest (PoH with an immediate CoH is pretty awesome) but for sustatined output, yes they have very good group healing capability

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    they havent got the burst AOE capability like a holy priest (PoH with an immediate CoH is pretty awesome) but for sustatined output, yes they have very good group healing capability
    hmm.. ok ill prob go disc then.

I have 1 more questions tho. Should i get evangel to 5 stacks b4 every archangel comes off cd or what? It feels weird to be dpsing when im suppose to be healing.

Deleted
    personally i keep the evangilism at 5 stacks and only consume the buff when i switch to a "regular" spell, like flash/greater or PoH.

reason being is that the mana reduction applies to holy fire / smite and penance. which apart from shielding and a PoM are my main single target heal, the mana reduction is very welcome. it also increases the damage done of the holy fire and smite which is also an increase to healing done by the spells.

when combined with the glyph to increase smites damge on a target affected by holy fire its powerful. raid buffed im about 11k spell power and with evangalism stacked to 5 smite is crit healing about 32k, smites about 29k

Disc and Holy both have their own perks tbh its a personal choice that only u can make but failing that go HOLY cause were pro lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    personally i keep the evangilism at 5 stacks and only consume the buff when i switch to a "regular" spell, like flash/greater or PoH.

reason being is that the mana reduction applies to holy fire / smite and penance. which apart from shielding and a PoM are my main single target heal, the mana reduction is very welcome. it also increases the damage done of the holy fire and smite which is also an increase to healing done by the spells.

when combined with the glyph to increase smites damge on a target affected by holy fire its powerful. raid buffed im about 11k spell power and with evangalism stacked to 5 smite is crit healing about 32k, smites about 29k
    sounds complicated.. im used to druid healing

Disc, heal with smite = WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyrving View Post
    Disc, heal with smite = WIN
    how d u heal with smite?

Split the difference, off spec holy and try it out, use disc to quest and heal till you find one you like better.

Edit: check out attonment in your disc tree for smite healing.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Split the difference, off spec holy and try it out, use disc to quest and heal till you find one you like better.

Edit: check out attonment in your disc tree for smite healing.
    i may do that, but how do u heal with smite? like dyrving said?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    how d u heal with smite?

Atonement
    When you deal damage with Smite or Holy Fire, you instantly heal a nearby low health friendly target within 15 yards from the enemy target equal to a percentage of the damage dealt.

If the Priest is healed through Atonement, the effect is reduced in half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunuva View Post
    Atonement
    When you deal damage with Smite or Holy Fire, you instantly heal a nearby low health friendly target within 15 yards from the enemy target equal to a percentage of the damage dealt.

If the Priest is healed through Atonement, the effect is reduced in half.
    i just looked some stuff up, and its not viable to heal with smite, the mana loss to dps ratio is to bad. unless ur a mana battery, and no ones needs much healing it wont seem to work.

---------- Post added 2011-07-21 at 08:51 AM ----------

thanks for the help

Deleted
    i just looked some stuff up, and its not viable to heal with smite, the mana loss to dps ratio is to bad. unless ur a mana battery, and no ones needs much healing it wont seem to work.

---------- Post added 2011-07-21 at 08:51 AM ----------

thanks for the help
    It is very viable to heal with smite in low damage scenarios.
    You can just DPS with smite and holy fire and contribute to the group instead of waiting for 10 seconds for the tank to lose a percent of his health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    It is very viable to heal with smite in low damage scenarios.
    You can just DPS with smite and holy fire and contribute to the group instead of waiting for 10 seconds for the tank to lose a percent of his health.
    but you lose more mana then you would just healing wouldnt u? idk i was on a site and it said it wasnt worth it.

Deleted
    but you lose more mana then you would just healing wouldnt u? idk i was on a site and it said it wasnt worth it.
    While leveling the damage taken by your group is so low you will be sitting idle for the majority of the time.
    If you go Smite healing, you can just DPS to keep your group up and not waste time standing around.

At lvl 85, smiting is mostly used to get Arch Angel for times of high damage and not so much as proper healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    i c.thanks everyone for the help