Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    They are high price because of the mat they required as well as the cool down required to make, so the amount of TG available a day is the amount of Alchemist that use their transmute for TG, and is limited.
    That isn't the case. Otherwise Dreamcloth and thus spell threads would be selling for the same if not higher. As dreamcloth takes 30 volatiles to make and has a 7-day cooldown. But most servers you can't sell anything you make with them for more then 300-400 per dreamcloth used. Let alone trying to sell some bags for the true cost of mats, as that seems to draw out all the idiots trying to troll you and your "high price".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I used to make 180g a day by just buying the mats for truegold of AH, and sell it on AH. But after the patch prices on my server changed, not taking the risk anymore.. Did do it about 3 months though ^^

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That isn't the case. Otherwise Dreamcloth and thus spell threads would be selling for the same if not higher. As dreamcloth takes 30 volatiles to make and has a 7-day cooldown. But most servers you can't sell anything you make with them for more then 300-400 per dreamcloth used. Let alone trying to sell some bags for the true cost of mats, as that seems to draw out all the idiots trying to troll you and your "high price".
    This is rubbish. It's all about supply and demand; more people need truegold then dreamcloth, so it's more expensive. It's just the freetrade basics.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravheart View Post
    I hate how blizzard requires this in so many items we can make. Its selling for 800-1100g a bar on my server. Now these new Blacksmith plans for weapons require 8 of them for each weapon.
    Why are they so high priced? Whats the mats an profession to make them?

On another note however I am sure it will take awhile to farm enough chaos orbs for my BS anyways so the TG isnt the only grind here.
    High demand, limited supply. The mats are decent, 3 Pyrit Bars, 10 Volatile Fire, Water & Air - Those Volatiles can sum up to a considerable price alone depending on server already. Then every alchemist can only transmute one (1) cata thing (volatiles, pyrit bar or true gold) per day. Proc chances for Transmute Masters are low on true gold. All this added to the previously mentioned high demand (as you said, you need 8/weapon...and so many people want them) makes the prices so high.

Just look what high supply did to maelstrom crystals...going for 65g on my server while shards still go for more than 100g (most people only run zg/za or raids anymore=> only epics to disenchant, supply of crystals rises)

For what exactly are those large amounts of Dreamcloth required? FL recipes are waaay to expensive (embers) for the masses to afford, and 359 epics are barely worth it nowadays with T11-359 being available for JP.
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-07-23 at 09:30 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    It should be 1K so it makes it more viable then Living Elements.800g is good aswell but definitely not 500g.

Deleted
    On my server we had Truegold down to about 450g at one point a week ago, but as soon as people hit the point in the dailies where the new plans were unlocked blam 850+ within days.

The demand has increased with these new patterns requiring 8 Bars supply remains static.

on my two servers truegold is almost exactly around 200 gold more than the price of the volatiles and pyrium. Both servers also have 7 or 8 extreme impact hole punchers that don't sell too. i'm glad i only made 1.

Deleted
    It's 5 different 7 day cooldowns though, so you can almost make one per day if you use them all. Also the chaos orb recipe has no cooldown.

Generally inflated prices have to do with the cooldown to make them, also someone generally tries to cornor the market on these type of items and buys them all out and sells them at an inflated price.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    It's 5 different 7 day cooldowns though, so you can almost make one per day if you use them all. Also the chaos orb recipe has no cooldown.
    The point you missed is that the true gold prices are not high because they have a one day cooldown. They are high priced because they are in demand. And not because of the long cooldown. Also just because you can make 5 in a week does not mean you can almost make one per day. Also try selling a spellthread for the price of 5 chaos orbs, let me know how that goes as well.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The point you missed is that the true gold prices are not high because they have a one day cooldown. They are high priced because they are in demand. And not because of the long cooldown. Also just because you can make 5 in a week does not mean you can almost make one per day. Also try selling a spellthread for the price of 5 chaos orbs, let me know how that goes as well.
    Its a combination of both. Because they have a cd, it makes it harder to get a hold of them, and because they are in demand people are buying more than pre patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravheart View Post
    I hate how blizzard requires this in so many items we can make. Its selling for 800-1100g a bar on my server. Now these new Blacksmith plans for weapons require 8 of them for each weapon.
    Why are they so high priced? Whats the mats an profession to make them?

On another note however I am sure it will take awhile to farm enough chaos orbs for my BS anyways so the TG isnt the only grind here.
    Gah, your server has already had the prices rise? I'm still flipping waiting on mine. I stockpiled 80+ of these to make 200% profit when the prices rise but I'm still waiting for supply to dry up. They have hardly risen on my server so far (from 500g to 650g). Good thing though, since I currently can't play.

For people buying them, either suck it up and buy them, as you make tremendous profit still, or find an alchemist (or eight...) willing to sell their cooldown(s). Good luck with that, though (unless they are a really good friend/guildie).
    For the Alliance!