Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Meerah View Post
    Skin > Passive Bonuses.
    Undead (Male or Female) Priests are awesome btw
    I agree with this! ^

Undead casting animations are pretty awesome...and I love my undead male shadow priest.

I think you pick a toon you like looking at since you'll be staring at them quite a bit. This is part of the reason I never play my dk...I made him an orc and I can't stand the way he looks. Changed him to a goblin and now he's like a new toon!

If you're going for looks, Belf/undead

If you're going for racials Goblin/Troll

Really those are the only good choices, if you roll a cow you're just asking to be made fun of...

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought about going male tauren just for reactions. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    If you're going for looks, Belf/undead

If you're going for racials Goblin/Troll

Really those are the only good choices, if you roll a cow you're just asking to be made fun of...
    Tauren Spirests look like Voidwalkers :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Horde: Troll or Goblin (or belf if healing)
    Alliance: Draenei or Gnome... and in last place, Dwarf (because stoneform as shadow can be quite useful in heroic firelands)

Anything else is a waste, imo.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Deleted
    Take what you find most pleasing aesthetically. Seriously, none of the racials are going to make you win or lose, they can help you being a bit better, but overall it's not a big deal.
    Additionally, racials tend to get changed every once in a while. There was a time where Troll racials just sucked big time, now their haste buff is probably the single best racial bonus the game has to offer. Also there was a time when every Alliance player rolled Dwarf Priest for fear ward. Now everyone has it.
    If you are truly min / maxing go for Troll or Goblin if you want to play Shadow or Blood Elf if you want to heal. But be aware that this might change...

I for myself play a Blood Elf priest, not because of the racials, but because I like their animations. That the racial is even useful is just the icing on the cake. For years I played a Tauren Elemental Shaman and had a lot of fun, even if none of the racials supported the spec. I just liked the cow.

Shadow Horde: Troll > Goblin > Blood Elf > Undead = Tauren
    Troll wins due to berserking, which is point-by-point the best DPS racial in the game. It's not a HUGE difference though, so pick what you like. Really.

Holy Horde: Blood Elf > Goblin > Troll > Tauren = Undead
    Blood Elf has Arcane Torrent, which does uncontrolled orgasmic awesome when it comes to sating your infinite need for more mana. It should be a crime to be a non-blood elf holypriest. It's that good.

For both specs, Undead and Taruren comes dead last. But Undead will help while levelling, and Tauren will be utterly pointless unless you are a herbalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    troll for shadow belf for holy

For PVE Shadow Priest is best race Goblin - why? Rocket Jump, i use it many, many times in many fights.

And, most important, is HASTE -> for shadow priest is haste everything. If you, not goblin need 2588 haste for actual cap, i need only 2437 . PVE Boost like anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BVNFZMsJ5 View Post
    [..]And, most important, is HASTE -> for shadow priest is haste everything. If you, not goblin need 2588 haste for actual cap, i need only 2437 . PVE Boost like anything else.
    Goblin racial is not haste. It's 1% casting speed. Meaning it does not affect DoTs like haste does. Time is Money only affects spells with a cast time like Mind Blast or Vampiric Touch which already have short base cast times. You get more out of it when it comes to Mind Flay, but it's not a gamebreaker.

To the OP: pick whatever you like most looks or utility wise. I got two shadow priests on two different realms, one undead and one goblin, with similar gear and the DPS difference is barely noticeable (slightly in favor of the goblin).

Beserking requires you to basically be spot on with your timing of it to be better than the 1% passive haste with a goblin.
    This is wrong. It's VERY easy to get a Zerking empowered VT/DP that is also empowered by DMC:Volcano, Power Torrent and Lightweave procs at the same time. If you are lucky, you may have a Theralion's Mirror empowered Emp Shadows aswell.

The fact that you can abuse Zerking and chain it with other procs and buffs makes it vastly superior to the static 1% Haste you get as a Goblin. Not to mention that in all fights that have a "boss takes extra dmg / you do more dmg" phase, Zerking is again vastly superior.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory