Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Baleroc Vital Spark stacks

Hello, I'm trying to do some theorycrafting on Baleroc healing for Vital Spark stacks but I am not quite sure on a variable.

A fiery energy builds within you as you come to the aid of your Tormented allies. Casting a single-target direct heal on a target affected by Blaze of Glory will increase healing done on such targets by 5% per stack of Vital Spark, lasting for 15 sec.
    Does the healer get 1 stack of vital spark if he uses a direct heal before 3 stacks or none at all? If so I get 2 stacks of Vital spark after 3 stacks of tormented is up, correct?

None at all. You get 1 stack for every 3 Tormented.

0-2 = 0
    3-5 = 1
    6-8 = 2
    21-23 = 7
    24-25 = 8

Quote Originally Posted by jsutan View Post

0-2 = 0
    3-5 = 1
    6-8 = 2
    21-23 = 7
    24-25 = 8
    Pretty sure this is not correct. Looking at the video of my kill... I can't see exactly how many torment stacks the targets have, but when I land a heal on the torment target immediately after he gets it (so he has 1 or 2 stacks), I still get 1 spark. My second heal gives me 2 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Denae View Post
    Pretty sure this is not correct. Looking at the video of my kill... I can't see exactly how many torment stacks the targets have, but when I land a heal on the torment target immediately after he gets it (so he has 1 or 2 stacks), I still get 1 spark. My second heal gives me 2 stacks.
    Pretty sure it is, you can check in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmGl_hRrUQg

She heals her first nourish a split second before the 3rd torment ticks. She does not get a Vital Spark. She casts a 1.2s regrowth after that, and gains 1 spark, because the target is at 3 Torment stacks already. She then heals with a nourish at 1.3s cast time and gains another Vital Spark stack (2). She then heals with another nourish, but her target has ticked to 6 at this point, and she gains 2 (4). What you're likely experiencing is latency in your heal.

I did get a kick out of her voice, she sounds a lot like Sarah Palin.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsutan View Post

0-2 = 0
    3-5 = 1
    6-8 = 2
    21-23 = 7
    24-25 = 8
    False. You get at least one stack of vital spark per direct heal as long as the player is subjected to Torment. On my last Baleroc kill on my druid, I believe I was about at 120 stacks when the fight ended, maybe more.

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vraie View Post
    This is correct

What exactly are you trying to theory craft?
    That is not correct. I've healed the fight several times and you get stacks as soon as you start healing someone with Torment.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    False. You get at least one stack of vital spark per direct heal as long as the player is subjected to Torment. On my last Baleroc kill on my druid, I believe I was about at 120 stacks when the fight ended, maybe more.

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 01:20 AM ----------

That is not correct. I've healed the fight several times and you get stacks as soon as you start healing someone with Torment.
    You really don't. Watch the video.

Ok... look at my video then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veRrA...ailpage#t=114s

I precast a heal and it lands right when torment hits and I still get 1 stack.

I wish there wasn't a skull raid marker on your UI.

Please look at the time I linked in the video, not the beginning. Torment is applied at 1:59, my heal lands ~0.2s later, my stacks go from 24 to 25.

The real question here is why would you heal as a holy priest on this fight when Penance gives you a set of healing buff stacks for each time it heals...

Thanks for the info on it not giving stacks pre-3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellery View Post
    The real question here is why would you heal as a holy priest on this fight when Penance gives you a set of healing buff stacks for each time it heals...
    Penance only gives 1 stack per tick, good but not the greatest

15+ Year Old Account
    The best way to get sparks is to stack cooldowns on one player who tanks the entire first torment.
    Healers can stack up to almost 100 stacks on the first torment alone if you do it this way.
    The tank survives through a combination of personal cooldowns and in-direct heals (hots, shields, earth shield, beacon, etc)

The healing part of the fight is made very simple if you do it like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vraie View Post
    TLR Torment works just like it's described in the Dungeon Journal
    Holy crap, you spent a lot of time looking at this mechanic

So, the answer isn't "none at all" for 1-2 stacks -- you actually get fractions of stacks as the mechanic describes and they simply round to the nearest stack on the buff display. It also looks like my HW:Serenity is bugged or something and not giving any stacks? I also noticed this heal cannot proc Vital Flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    The best way to get sparks is to stack cooldowns on one player who tanks the entire first torment.
    Healers can stack up to almost 100 stacks on the first torment alone if you do it this way.
    The tank survives through a combination of personal cooldowns and in-direct heals (hots, shields, earth shield, beacon, etc)

The healing part of the fight is made very simple if you do it like this.
    This seems like a great idea, but how many classes have something like dispersion that would let them take an entire Torment?

Gonna hijack your thread a little to ask one question of my own:

Having the Sparks stacks, the first direct heal you land on a tank will convert that stack into the Vital Flame buff. Now, does the Flame buff apply to this first heal aswell, or only to the heals for the next 15 seconds?

I assume that you need a "dummy" heal on the tank to convert your stack into the buff. And only once you have the buff do you really have the buff, so to say. Can any expert confirm this? Thanks.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

15+ Year Old Account
    This seems like a great idea, but how many classes have something like dispersion that would let them take an entire Torment?
    You can also use feral druids, barkskin + SI makes it survivable.

you can also use external CDs such a pain sup, barrier, spirit link and so on!

Deleted
    you can also do it with a destro lock. soul link + nether ward + nether protection, and a soulburn: healthstone if needed