Thread: Help Please

Help Please

I have been reading the stickies and also the elitist jerks forums and following the guides for gemming and reforging. My issue is that for some reason it doesnt matter what I do I can not break 15k dps even on fights like Baleroc where I dont even have to move since i am not in the crystal rotation. Ive run my toon through simcraft and rawr of course both output different numbers 25k and 18k respectively. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why I am having this low dps problem.

My current rotation is: Curse of elements, shadow bolt, demon soul lifeblood and haunt are macrod together, bane of doom, corruption and unstable affliction.

Heres the server and character name since i never post i dont have privileges to post a link, i do know my hat sucks just not lucky to ever see any drop that i can use:

Server: Thrall
    Toon: Hesular

Thanks for any feedback i can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
    I have been reading the stickies and also the elitist jerks forums and following the guides for gemming and reforging. My issue is that for some reason it doesnt matter what I do I can not break 15k dps even on fights like Baleroc where I dont even have to move since i am not in the crystal rotation. Ive run my toon through simcraft and rawr of course both output different numbers 25k and 18k respectively. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why I am having this low dps problem.

My current rotation is: Curse of elements, shadow bolt, demon soul lifeblood and haunt are macrod together, bane of doom, corruption and unstable affliction.

Heres the server and character name since i never post i dont have privileges to post a link, i do know my hat sucks just not lucky to ever see any drop that i can use:

Server: Thrall
    Toon: Hesular

Thanks for any feedback i can get.
    It certainly won't solve all your problems, but run your character through wowreforge.com and shave down that excess hit.

Replace Theralion's Mirror as soon as you can. It's pretty worthless for affliction. Get glyph of life tap (slight dps increase) instead of soulstone or fear. Also enchant bracers with 50 int.

As far as YOUR performance, lets look at a few things. Since this is a near stand still fight for you there should really be nothing interfering with how you are casting your spells. So lets look at this.. Are you using any addons to track your DoTs? How much time left on each dot before you are refreshing? Do you refresh your DoTs after casting Demon Soul? Are you coordinating the use of Demon Soul with your other buffs when they proc? All of this really adds up and can easily make for 3-5k DPS.

Do you pre-pot? Do you pre-cast Shadow bolt as the tank is pulling?
    Last edited by Stridulent; 2011-07-21 at 07:48 PM.