Deleted

Looking for input on (gaming) laptop

Hi there,

I have a younger brother who's looking to buy a new computer as his current one sucks (Dell pentium 5000 or something)
    Usually I'd advice him to get a desktop as laptops sucks for gaming, however as he somewhat often visits our dad he'd like to be able to bring it with him
    hence I'd like some help to pick a good, not too expensive laptop that will work for medium settings gaming.

http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=639278 is what we've been looking at so far (the price translates into roughly 535 Euro)

Any input on this machine / other machines you would recommend would be much appriciated

Thanks in advance, Looking forward to hearing from you guys .

PS. I'm looking to buy a laptop myself as my previous one broke last year - this one will be for school use tho', although if it can play stuff like wow / call of duty at medium settings that would be pretty nice. so if anyone has any recommendations at 300-450 euro, minimum 15 inches, that'd be pretty cool too .

Strongly advise against "gaming laptops" as they have major heat issues and never last very long. There are options for more portable micro ATX style PC's that are fairly easily portable if he's willing to compromise.

That said what you linked will probably do the trick for older games/medium detail.

I advise against it aswell, but if u need a laptop, u need a laptop, simple as that.

As for the laptop u linked, i strongly advise against it, get a i5/i7 2*** and a graphics card equivalent/better than GT 460/560M ( so basicly from nvidia this means 460M+ or 560M+, 520 wouldn't do for example.)

4gig ram is enough, but i strongly advise 6gig+, just to be futureproof.

I'd highly recommend looking into an ASUS, just personal preference but I love my ASUS and have gotten three friends and my brother-in-law to get ASUS laptops as well. Typical price runs 600-2000 USD. Only down side is poor battery life (mine lasts about an hour and a half with heavy use) but as long as you are near a power strip that's fine
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface