Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I would like to point you to this thread. I actually put several ideas in there.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/941797-I-m-tired-of-giving-away-Mats!!!!?highlight=tired+giving+mats!

But, if you don't want to read that long as all thread this is what I wrote in that thread:

I sort of agree with OP, as an enchanter myself. If anything, I would like to see it as "Sure, you can use my DE services in instances; however, I still get some for myself." To explain it more clearly, say a green in a heroic dropped and you had an enchanter in the group. You click the DE button and you get 5 Infinite Dust from that. What if the enchanter ALSO personally got let's say half of that (most likely rounding down), 2 Dust. In the event only a singular item was produced by the DE, the ratio return for the enchanter would be 1:1. The enchanter would not be able to use the DE button (but could Need or Greed) on the item, and the group could roll off on larger, normal amount.

That, or there is some method to equally distribute the DE'd materials across everyone in the group. Using the same 5 Infinite Dust above, each person gets 1 Infinite Dust. If there are less materials than people in group, then you roll off like you currently do in a dungeon and then the top X rolls win 1 Dust each.

Basically, Netherflame streamlines my second idea and then adds in the point about having multiple enchanters in a group, which I was too lazy to elaborate on.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    IMO have the game store all the DE mats for the run in a sort of pool and divide them out to the group members after the run. This will also serve a second purpose to stop all the ninja leaving people enjoy doing right now. For how the gear should be divided I would say 24/19/19/19/19 if there is more then one enchanter make it
    22/22/19/19/19 even though the percents don't match up perfectly there is nothing else that can be done. As there is more enchanters it will balance the numbers to benefit the enchanters in the group, in the rare case that everyone is an enchanter it would revert to 20/20/20/20/20. The goal is to at least give the enchanters a slight advantage on mats just because its actually the profession enabling the option to exist.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2011-07-24 at 12:08 PM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Also To add what I think would be good features. Have custom enchants, with reforging this could work. So you can make a hybrid enchant of say 30 haste 20 agility instead of 50 haste or something. Make it tho maybe you need to try combinations say once a day and if you make a good one you learn the recipie. also make more of the recepies drop in raids like mongoose as it made enchanting feel more unique and cool, now it feels dull since you just learn it all from trainers.
    Yeah, that's another major killer of enchanting's profitability. Back in Wrath when the auto-de feature was in, it wasn't too terrible, because it was still relatively uncommon to have mongoose or blood draining and those enchants were still valuable. Now you can get every (relevant) enchant in the game without even necessarily clearing ZA/ZG. I do kinda like your reforged enchants idea too. All the new enchants are so drastically boring with their one stats or suboptimal ratings. If they had both stats and ratings....? :O

Just also bare in mind that the DE option is the only gathering aspect built into a crafting profession. Skinners need to have leather working to use their skins, miners need to be blacksmiths to use their minerals or a jewelcrafter. Maybe to stop the argument, blizzard could make disenchanting a separate profession to enchanting- I'm sure that would make enchanters super happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Smigglephor View Post
    What it actually boils down to is "enchanter getting it > some entitled ass that's just going to sell it back to enchanters getting it". Enchanting mats never were any harder to get than other professions mats; arguably a little easier, but now the enchant market is obliterated. And they keep destroying it more. Used to make good money on power torrents for casuals and bads and now people that can barely clear ZA have dropped the market value of maelstroms to about 50g.

I've never done that on my enchanter or seen anyone else do it, but I believe you that it may be common. I'm in full Firelands gear besides one ring and DMC: Volcano, do 7 Zandas a week (mostly for teh goldz), and have 638,000+ on my 7 toons. I never have more than 20 shards, essences, or dusts and about 40 maelstroms just because I won't sell them for 64g and everyone already has their maelstroms when I spam trade chat. I have 1,286 ashen pigment on my scribe. Hopefully you can see the drastic difference in selling glyphs for (waytoomuch) 150g and getting tipped 10g for landslide their mats.
    Ill strongly agree a 10g tip now a days is nothing no matter what proffesion youre talking about. But on my server its pretty common to see 50/100g mandatory tip on maelstrom enchants still.

To the guy wich told me not to use "slippery slope" arguments, please explain abit, not sure what you mean most of what i posted is based on experience not theory.

As soon as epic shards are available from 5 mans the value instantly drops to next to nothing, that happened every expansion. And doesnt relly have much to do with the DE feature, enchanters dissed items before that system as well if you remember.

What havent happened before to my memory is blue shards beeing more expensive than blue shards wich is the fact on many server atm, since noone care to do anything but zul dungeons or raid instances any more.

Still anyone who played during vanilla / tbc should know how drasticly easier it is to make money on enchanting after the introduction of scrolls an DE feature. Remember spamming "wts mongoose/crusader my mats blablablabla" for ever with no replies. Or "wtb sunfire my mats 5g tip" etc etc. Maelstroms were worth like 1k for several months also. But i guess when people find some minor thing to complain about they will always do that instead of focusing on the good side of it.

Holy off topic tangent, Batman! Seriously guys this thread has gone from 'here are these potentially cool enchanting ideas' to 'enchanting isn't viable' or some variation of the sort. Profession forum highly frowns upon bringing up the old discussion about enchanting/DE option dungeons vs. other crafting/rolling on it stuff or anything like that.

I'm locking this.