Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a while I was just selling them at 50g a pop, however when I was one of only 2 blacksmiths on my server selling the early Hyjal recipes, I sold them at 500g each. Went through all 60 orbs that day. People in WoW have absolutely no sense of patience. If they've got money and they can have it right now, they'll buy it right now. Less than 24 hours later, dozens of people had the exact same patterns I was selling the day before for half the price. They had to have known that.

They're what we like to call Customers
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

my blacksmithing/engineering hunter has a bag of @20stax so 16X20??? so if i sold them for 200g each i would be set with gold for a while and with people buying my bs skills with these orbs i have people asking me to sell them cheap and if people are buying more then a few items i usually throw in an orb or 2 free.... it helps the business cause people then refer me to other people... i logged in and had like 5 ingame mails from people wanting items made i would of course reply give them a cost my mats and a cost there mats....

have probably made about 50k since patch hit just on craftables. yes thats 50k Profit.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I've made 100k so far. I don't sell the orbs (that's stupid), I make the weapons and sell them. I also buy out the other blacksmiths orbs so there are none in circulation so I can keep the prices up.

I would've made over 200k but I had to sell a few weapons to guildies for 1.5k.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had someone offer ME 500g per the other night, with really horrible english, on a lvl 1 warrior, and used 20 of my orbs. I just smiled and made the crafts. If I don't know I'm helping a hacker/botter I can't be held accountable...

Deleted
    250-500g atm, too many people with lots of orbs spamming trade.
    Making better money making weapons and selling those.

At first, I sold mine for up to 400g. However, now I'm lucky if I can get 100g -_-;
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    I got ~120 total of Chaos orbs. Thought they would become tradeable in this patch but well. Got Engineering on all, and thats a kinda worthless profession for it. Will they ever be tradeable?
    Im sorry you must of missed where ppl with engi were making 10-20k per range wep they sold? ya that would of been a nice boost...

Quote Originally Posted by Roene View Post
    No they should never be made tradeable.
    they prolly will be later on, like previous dungeon BoP mats from dungeons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosties View Post
    Im sorry you must of missed where ppl with engi were making 10-20k per range wep they sold? ya that would of been a nice boost...
    Not on my server they weren't; patterns went live, 508346 guns flooded the market, prices insta crashed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd try and get 1k for mine. Supply and demand. How many I have is irrelevant. Remember also, I did 30 days of dailies to get any new patterns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I miss a memo somewhere? I was looking at them last night and they were Soulbound. How is everyone selling them.

i charge 150g per orb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Had someone offer ME 500g per the other night, with really horrible english, on a lvl 1 warrior, and used 20 of my orbs. I just smiled and made the crafts. If I don't know I'm helping a hacker/botter I can't be held accountable...

If you are crafting the 365 weapons like on my server they are probably reselling the weapons for 15-20k.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the noob question above. I think I understand what you are talking about. If someone has all the mats except the orbs it is what you are charging for use of the orbs you have collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Vixen View Post
    At first, I sold mine for up to 400g. However, now I'm lucky if I can get 100g -_-;
    Scratch this. I just sold 5 for 1500g today.... BOOYAH!
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

300-700 here on twilight hammer - EU but im saving mine ( got 10 atm ) had 25 at the begining of cataclysim ah god, made so much money with them sold them for 600-1k each, and im planning on doing the same when the next patch arrives when orbs are becoming trade-able

Old recipes only score 200g per orb on my server. But if you have one of the new Hyjal receipes (eg 2H sword) you can get 1K per orb.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone was asking in Trade yesterday for a BS with 10 Orbs and was willing to pay 1K. He was still spamming 2 hours later and had raised his price to 2K. Still no response. Eventually, my fellow Blacksmiths started contributing that his price was too low, to which his response was, "lol, you want me to pay more for something that you get for free in dungeons".

And there is the fundamental problem. People expecting the service forget the process that you had to go through to get to the point where you can make the product. In this case, leveling BS to 525 and then another 3-4 weeks of daily quests.

That is why I am personally crafting the weapons and selling them on the AH. I can set my own price and it seems to work as they sell fairly quickly.

i paid 300g each and supplied my own mats. so i got the agi i365 polearm for 1500 with my mats included.

Deleted
    I charge 200g each, depends on the item to, i crafted 2 items from new BS recipes, sold Polearm 20k healy mace 15k