Needing a new Headset

Ok, so last night during a raid my headset finally gave out. It had been on its last legs - it was a crappy $25 logitech set, and the mic had already died so I was using my onboard mic until the earpiece part finally went with it. Now I could handle using just the headphones and my laptop mic, but without the headphones I have crazy echoing over vent so I need a new set really fast.

Now, I've been looking at the Razer headsets, but I've read a lot on here that says that razer headsets aren't particularly good (which is surprising - I love my naga), and I've seen a lot of recommendations for Sennheiser, but they have so many models that I can't find the proper one. (Keep in mind that I'd prefer to buy mine at Best Buy, since I work there and all.) Does anyone here have any recommendations for me? I'd like to stay as close to $100 as possible, 120 or so is my absolute breaking point since I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love my Roccat Kave headset, especially because it doesn't sit on your ears, but on your head and the ears are... freefloating inside the speaker shells. Insane wearing comfort for long gaming sessions. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roccat-Solid.../dp/B00275C2L6
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze Alpaca View Post
    Can't agree more, the sound is mind blowing, I constantly take them off to make sure it's not my 5.1 system I have on, and the microfone is awesome.

Deleted
    I use the Steelseries Siberia V2 and they're awesome. The sound is really nice and you can't hear what's going on outside of it that much. The microphone is really good, sensitive so that only close sound gets in etc.

It's about 60 euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Alpaca View Post
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam...s/devices/7248
    I can walk around and still hear my music
    Your headset just got beat! By the wireless version of it.

Deleted
    Steelseries Siberia is the way to go imo.

Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    I use the Steelseries Siberia V2 and they're awesome. The sound is really nice and you can't hear what's going on outside of it that much. The microphone is really good, sensitive so that only close sound gets in etc.

It's about 60 euros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Steelseries Siberia is the way to go imo.
    I had those.
    Absolutely complete waste of money.
    They have awful quality is below what anyone should find acceptable.
    Don't get these, get something from a company whom actually work with sound.

15+ Year Old Account
    Used to have a Razer Carcharias, sound was OK, but the main feature for me was the comfort. Would recommend it if you're looking for a fairly priced headset that is every comfortable and sturdy.

It broke eventually though... so now using the Sennheiser HD555, which is the best headset I've had (believe me, been through a few). Sound is just... perfect. For games and music. You would need to buy a microphone though, I'm using a Zalman clip-on which does the job.
    Last edited by NiveouS; 2011-07-21 at 08:54 PM.

Here's the highest ranked headset on Amazon, and it's $43.99

http://www.amazon.com/Force-Amplifie...bs_402053011_1

I've been pleased with my Creative Soundblaster headset.
    http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-.../dp/B002J9HCV0
    Nameless hunter pets make me rage. You have been warned.