Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

demo vs majordomo

So we've been trying domo last night,
    I've speced back to demo for 1 week or so and i'm doing great.

Last night at almost every try I was top 3 at dmg done.

Everything was good until after a few tries they complained that i do to few dmg on the ads ( aprox 2-3% of my total dmg ). And they started comparing me demo lock with hunters, destro/afli lock , ench shamy etc. I explained that i cant do to much dmg in 10 sec ( thats how the add lives in 25 man at most ), but still nothing.

I explained to them I cant do so much dmg in 10 sec but nothing...and it bodered me a lot, I also think it's a dps loos for the fight for me to go to ads.

Opinions??

Deleted
    Just sit in the melee position in 25man, and shadowflame when the adds spawn/immolate them if only one is up. Tell your raid leader to jog on if he thinks you aren't pulling your weight - as a dot class there isn't much that can be done - also.. if there is no problem with the adds going down (you say <10secs) what is his/her problem?

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

I've only done it on 10man so far (damn lack of sign ups!) and I had to stay at range due to a lack of other range, so what I did was just immolate/maybe corruption them and then continue on the boss whilst the melee finished off them off, worked well enough

Deleted
    you cant jump into the melee as ranged :-( i did that once and he jumped me and raped all melee with the aoe

he sort of looks at the spec when he decideds to jump someone

I wouldn't recommend being in melee range on Majordomo. When I did, I've had the boss jump on me during cat phase. Thought it was a bug at first, but it happened several times until I switched back to being at range. And yes, that was in 25-man, and there was many other ranged dps to jump on. I'm inclined to believe that some of the targetting process for the kitty jump may be based on your class/spec, and not only according to your position.

For the adds, just put immo and corr on them the moment they spawn (anyway, since the boss jumps, you probably won't be able to cast anything on him half of the time). We have our ranged dps going full time on adds when melee begin to struggle (around the 4th jump), and gather at 7.

Hope that helps.

Deleted
    Ah damn didnt realise that would happen, as I said I have only done it the once so far and i've been recommended before (on here) to go into melee range, so my apologies for that!

i also prefer demo instead of affli with majordomus.....i do more dmg with demo and standing outside while he's in catform.
    yesterday i played affli there and wasn't satisfied with my dmg as affli compared to demo

So I'm not alone in thinking he has some kind of trigger that assumes ranged classes are at range?

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction is better due to the fact you can cleave better and that movement can be extremely high during that fight depending how lucky or unlucky you are with the cat form leaps or having to soak the fire orbs. Demo loses so much dps from all the movement

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    i dont seem to lose that much dps with movement, maybe after 4-5jumps, and if u get lucky with jumps near u. its ok
    sometimes i cast SB he jumps out of range and gets back just in time to eat my SB
    that's what i did immo and cor, and thats what ill keep doing thanks for help

If you're demo get your felsguard out and save the felstorm for adds so you can cleave with it , and just use immo/corruption and if you feel like getting new soulshards use drainsoul when they're around 50% as they should die within seconds.

If it's DPS issue with the adds on the fight, what are your melee doing? They should be doing cleaves or even directly attacking the adds as a priority before you collapse to transition from cat to scorpian, otherwise the adds will blow your tank up eventually.

If your raid leader wants ranged DPS to DPS adds that are in the melee scrum I honestly would question them on efficent raid DPS distribution and fight tactics. As a DoT calss with a reasonable ramp up time, the only real damage you should be doing to the adds would be if they are still up on transition and you doing shadowflame and immo aura/demo leap. Anything else and the time they live will result in 2...MAYBE 3 dot ticks, assuming your melee DPS does their job right, also assuming 25 man. After all, what else does melee have to do in the cat phase besides tunnel the boss and watch out for a possible ranged screw up being too close and dropping a fire patch close? It's not too much to ask for the DK's/warriors/enh shammies to do a quick switch, 10 seconds later back to staghelm.

Sorry if i sound harsh, but I'm just kinda shocked that your raid leader wants ranged to DPS the adds, when their job is to kill the boss, stay spread and near the end, soak the fireball debuffs with eachother in a rotation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I usually play the fight as affliction, but the adds seem to die before my dots tick halfway.. Now i'm only dotting them up when the boss jumps out range and the one on the 6th jump (he appears to live the longest)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    If it's DPS issue with the adds on the fight, what are your melee doing? They should be doing cleaves or even directly attacking the adds as a priority before you collapse to transition from cat to scorpian, otherwise the adds will blow your tank up eventually.

If your raid leader wants ranged DPS to DPS adds that are in the melee scrum I honestly would question them on efficent raid DPS distribution and fight tactics. As a DoT calss with a reasonable ramp up time, the only real damage you should be doing to the adds would be if they are still up on transition and you doing shadowflame and immo aura/demo leap. Anything else and the time they live will result in 2...MAYBE 3 dot ticks, assuming your melee DPS does their job right, also assuming 25 man. After all, what else does melee have to do in the cat phase besides tunnel the boss and watch out for a possible ranged screw up being too close and dropping a fire patch close? It's not too much to ask for the DK's/warriors/enh shammies to do a quick switch, 10 seconds later back to staghelm.

Sorry if i sound harsh, but I'm just kinda shocked that your raid leader wants ranged to DPS the adds, when their job is to kill the boss, stay spread and near the end, soak the fireball debuffs with eachother in a rotation.
    thats what i said to leader, but he doesnt seem to understand

Well your leader is a moron. Different classes are different. If he needs more damage on the adds then he needs to bring in a spec that has better burst. You are limited by the mechanics of your class.

If all else fails just spec destro I guess.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Melee are suppose to be killing the cats because they can't do anything else when he leaps 30-40 yards away. Take him like 3-4 seconds to get back in position and that's enough time for 2+ melee to absolutely molest the cats.

Is this 25man normal mode?

I know personally I've only done the fight as affliction, and almost all of my dps was on the boss. I tried dotting up the adds, but they die way too fast for me to do any meaningful dps on them. I fully dotted up the first add and soul swapped ready for the next add, but in reality they died way too fast.

I'd just throw an immolate/corruption on each add and then continue burning the boss, anything else seems like a waste to me providing the rest of your dps who don't have the ramp-up times of warlocks are pulling their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    So we've been trying domo last night,
    I've speced back to demo for 1 week or so and i'm doing great.

Last night at almost every try I was top 3 at dmg done.

Everything was good until after a few tries they complained that i do to few dmg on the ads ( aprox 2-3% of my total dmg ). And they started comparing me demo lock with hunters, destro/afli lock , ench shamy etc. I explained that i cant do to much dmg in 10 sec ( thats how the add lives in 25 man at most ), but still nothing.

I explained to them I cant do so much dmg in 10 sec but nothing...and it bodered me a lot, I also think it's a dps loos for the fight for me to go to ads.

Opinions??
    My opinion? Bad raid leader is bad.

I have my puppy attack the add as I cast immolate...the first few adds die before the second tick, but usually my pet does a decent amount of damage.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If adds aren't going down fast enough, get more combat rogues. Really though, if adds are dying in decent time and you're only doing 2% of your damage to them, let it stay that way. No need to waste uptime on Domo because your leader wants people to do more add damage. It's just stupid to not want the boss to die faster, as long as the adds are taken care of.

ya if ur raid leader is complaining about ur add dmg then the melee are doing something wrong. in 10man im affliction and i just throw a shadowbolt when it spawns and stay on the boss because the add dies too quickly.