Thread: Rune of Zeth

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Rune of Zeth

Here it is:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=68998#comments

Rep trinket.

Would you use it over heroic/vol trinkets? How's it being simmed?

Ek

10+ Year Old Account
    It is best in slot and better than any heroic Firelands trinket if you are going to play affliction. Several better trinkets for demonology however.

1277 Int for 15 sec on a 1 minute CD. Can't really argue with 319 int effectively if you use it on cd.

Deleted
    I replaced my heroic Therallion's Mirror with it, but definitely wouldnt swap DMC: Volcano for it. (As Destruction btw).

15+ Year Old Account
    rune of zeth + darkmooncard, unless youre demo than moonwell trinket.
    EJ isnt that hard to find people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    1277 Int for 15 sec on a 1 minute CD. Can't really argue with 319 int effectively if you use it on cd.
    Has to be worth more than that considering the trinket from Baleroc has a passive 383 int, and the rag one has 401.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Has to be worth more than that considering the trinket from Baleroc has a passive 383 int, and the rag one has 401.
    Nah high procs have the ability to be alot better or alot worse then anything static since you can line it up with other procs and stacking crit+int, haste+int or +damage+int is going to make both more powerfull then they would be on there own.

So yes is less static int but its more powerfull since its alot for a short duration which if you know how to use it and does not just slam it into your sbolt macro is better then abit higher static int.

The rag one is reduced in value due to the nature of its proc - the necro one from bale is interesting on heroic, but again, non-reforgable mastery is pretty shitty when compared to reforgable secondary and similar primary, with the benefit of demonsoul always lining up with it etc

How can that sim higher than DMC:V for PvE? For PVP I could understand wanting to time your added pressure, but if I'm not mistaken mastery > crit for Affliction and 1600 intel for 12s every 45s > 1277 intel for 15s every 1 min (we're talking a diff of an average of over 100int and that doesn't even factor in the nearly 2k damage that can crit from the proc); this is of course considering that DMC:V procs almost immediately when the ICD is up.

So am I missing something here? how is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by Asozeras View Post
    How can that sim higher than DMC:V for PvE? For PVP I could understand wanting to time your added pressure, but if I'm not mistaken mastery > crit for Affliction
    Who says it's better? Also crit > mastery for SB Affliction for all sims I've seen/done.

Deleted
    An advantage of the one-minute cooldown on the trinket is that it lines up with our highest DPET spell: Bane of Doom, indeed it is my intention to add the trinket to my Doom macro, I suspect it'll be good friends with the Felhunter Demon Soul I've already got there.

An advantage of the one-minute cooldown on the trinket is that it lines up with our highest DPET spell: Bane of Doom, indeed it is my intention to add the trinket to my Doom macro, I suspect it'll be good friends with the Felhunter Demon Soul I've already got there.
    Be careful with that. It's been noted in other threads that in a macro that includes both /use trinket x and /cast whatever that the spell will often get cast before the game recognizes that you have the buff from trinket x.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Be careful with that. It's been noted in other threads that in a macro that includes both /use trinket x and /cast whatever that the spell will often get cast before the game recognizes that you have the buff from trinket x.
    That, and with Bane of Doom you'd be re-casting it before the cooldown is up due to the way you -should- be clipping your dots now.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Call me a moron if you will, but could someone please tell me if this is better than the heroic version of the Bell of Enraging Resonance for an affliction lock?
    I'm a bit lost on which use/proc is superior, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dommyuk View Post
    Call me a moron if you will, but could someone please tell me if this is better than the heroic version of the Bell of Enraging Resonance for an affliction lock?
    I'm a bit lost on which use/proc is superior, thank you.
    Pretty much this. I have the bell and am approaching the rep needed for the trinket.

Yes, it is better than heroic bell. If you're affliction you will be using Rune of Zeth/DMC:V. If you are Demo, you can use moonwell/DMC or Necromantic/Moonwell, demo depends on what gear is available to you and how quickly.
    Kiyu - TG
    http://gimpedguild.org

h
    ttp://www.justin.tv/kiyuulive - Warlock PoV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    That, and with Bane of Doom you'd be re-casting it before the cooldown is up due to the way you -should- be clipping your dots now.
    You do not clip Bane of Doom, don't you? I read it somewhere. Higher Numbers for the 4th tick or something...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPyramid View Post
    You do not clip Bane of Doom, don't you? I read it somewhere. Higher Numbers for the 4th tick or something...
    You can clip the last tick so that the last tick will be added to the new one. i.e. 2seconds left on doom, cast new one, new doom has 1min 2sec duration. Works for all dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuza View Post
    Yes, it is better than heroic bell. If you're affliction you will be using Rune of Zeth/DMC:V. If you are Demo, you can use moonwell/DMC or Necromantic/Moonwell, demo depends on what gear is available to you and how quickly.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbalel View Post
    You can clip the last tick so that the last tick will be added to the new one. i.e. 2seconds left on doom, cast new one, new doom has 1min 2sec duration. Works for all dots.
    This would probably be in reference to clipping a doom initially cast *with* spellpower proc active, as the act of clipping would reset the spellpower to your current (proc-less) spellpower, and be a damage reduction for that tick, compared to the 0.1sec or w/e of lost time if you let it expire for a larger tick, then reapplied it.